Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > San Antonio Spurs Forum

San Antonio Spurs Forum San Antonio Spurs message board - San Antonio Spurs forum

Old 01-31-2007, 09:02 AM   #1
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Official Suns vs. Spurs Thread 02/01/07

A day early i know. Forgive me all great ISH gods, but this game is important IMO.

To me, even more so than the Mavericks (who the Suns play so close that i consider that a wash), the Spurs have been a good measuring stick for the Suns IMO. Because the Spurs, even in regular season, exploit the Suns to a degree that all other teams are trying to do but usually can't.

The Suns have such an advantage athletically over the Spurs that they should honestly be able to run them to death, but they never do. They also go so cold against the Spurs from the three point line that it has to be nerves. It just has to.

A lot of the feel good of the past month would be wiped out by a 10 point loss to the Spurs. However, beating the Spurs and doing it with Sun Style run and gun, that would say A LOT in my opinion.

My two cents.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 11:07 AM   #2
yobore
Great college starter

yobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Official Suns vs. Spurs Thread 02/01/07

Huh?
yobore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 11:14 AM   #3
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Hopefully Duncan doesn't make a Garnett-esque commitment to dismantling the Suns, otherwise this could get ugly.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 11:30 AM   #4
Howard5Dirk41
Banned

Howard5Dirk41 has an OK reputation so far

Spurs win and show Phoenix Suns fans that the 15 and 17 game win streaks were frauds.

Suns fans must be bitter this morning, after win streaks of 15 and 17 games before February, they are not in first place :
Howard5Dirk41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 11:38 AM   #5
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by yobore
Huh?

Did i stutter? Did i say anything even remotely not true?

for your failure to be funny.

Am i the only one who thinks this is a big game? Or do all the Suns fans think magically this year's playoffs will be different, even if they can't beat the specific teams in their way ever? If the Spurs beat the Suns every regular season game, will the Suns magically turn it on in the playoffs? i doubt it.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 11:50 AM   #6
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Whichever team does a better job of dictating pace wins this game.

In the past, San Antonio has been able to win this battle by controlling the game. We'll see if that happens again.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 11:55 AM   #7
Brunch@Five
College superstar

Brunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputation

OVer/Under

Duncan 40 points
Marion 20 rebounds
Nash 15 assists
Duncan 5 blocks
Manu 5 flops
Parker 5 easy layups against Nash
Brunch@Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 12:19 PM   #8
nashforprez
Local High School Star

nashforprez has an OK reputation so far

Duncan 40 points Under
Marion 20 rebounds Under (i hope)
Nash 15 assists Under
Duncan 5 blocks Over
Manu 5 flops Over
Parker 5 easy layups against Nash Under(raja will guard him)
nashforprez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 12:58 PM   #9
Suns#1
I hit open layups

Suns#1 has an OK reputation so far

Without Thomas this will be a tough game for the Suns, hell with Thomas this will be a very tough game for the Suns.
back to back for the Spurs
Suns 104
Spurs 99
Suns#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 01:07 PM   #10
JtotheIzzo
The Future is Now

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunch@Five
OVer/Under

Duncan 40 points
Marion 20 rebounds
Nash 15 assists
Duncan 5 blocks
Manu 5 flops
Parker 5 easy layups against Nash

all under except Parker (the over under should be set higher there because he is getting around 6 layups a game and he's against a weak defender).

Losing to the TWolves shows the Suns were looking ahead to this game.

It's the Suns midterm exam, they can make up grades on the finals, but this test will show them what kind of student they are and wether they have the wherewithal and acumen to finish head of the class.

For the Spurs I think its a very good barometer and a poor showing (especially one that exposes a glaring weakness) will lead to a roster shake up.

Not too often top teams get to play each other it seems (not so many top teams) so it should be great.

Prediction:

Suns benifit from a huge (~40pts) quarter to win at home 110 - 99
Spurs soon deal Barry or Finley for young energy.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 01:10 PM   #11
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

The effects of a long rivalry between the Spurs is over for me. For some reason, I find myself rooting for them every night now, probably out of respect to Duncan and them being a classy organization. GO Spurs!
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 09:51 PM   #12
icemanfan
Local High School Star

icemanfan is considered somewhat coolicemanfan is considered somewhat coolicemanfan is considered somewhat cool

Go Spurs!
icemanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 09:52 PM   #13
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Gooooooooooooooooo Spurs Gooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 10:08 PM   #14
Wuxia
Local High School Star

Wuxia has decent reputation

Go Spurs! Man, this game will be so tough, due to the Back2Back, and playing a team that loves to run as much as the Suns.
Wuxia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 06:49 PM   #15
KWALI
erudite

KWALI has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
A day early i know. Forgive me all great ISH gods, but this game is important IMO.

The Suns have such an advantage athletically over the Spurs that they should honestly be able to run them to death, but they never do. They also go so cold against the Spurs from the three point line that it has to be nerves. It just has to.

It's up to Amare....if he starts to man-up and cover the TD's and the KG's foreal he could turn it in PHX favour but I didnt see him guarding KG much. TD's Center so maybe that changes.

Spurs play Defense out to the three point line and don't over rotate and make errors rotating like many teams and despite what you think the Spurs
KWALI is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: