Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-25-2012, 03:07 AM   #1
EnoughSaid
Miami Heat/Arsenal FC

Default Dwyane Wade: Comeback season 2012/2013?

During this last season and postseason, I was really upset because I couldn't see my favorite player perform well due to injuries and a lot of problems. He did have a couple of great moments, but this was not the Dwyane Wade I know.

Who else has a feeling that Wade will come back stronger, healthier, and better next season? I hope he gets that knee problem fixed, and it'll be all good.

EnoughSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:19 AM   #2
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

Default Re: Dwyane Wade: Comeback season 2012/2013?

All his issues to me were down to his knee injury. A summer of rest and surgery is what he needs and he should be back to what he was. I don't believe the folks that say he has declined and not to the extent people are saying.
All Net is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:33 AM   #3
Dwade305
el pollo loco siiiiiii

Last time Wade had these many haters/doubters it was back in 08 when they wanted him off the Olympic squad We all know what happened next

Last edited by Dwade305 : 06-25-2012 at 03:36 AM.
Dwade305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:40 AM   #4
LBJMVP
Cavaliers!

F*ck him.

that douchebag is done.
LBJMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 04:01 AM   #5
AngelEyes
Sentenza

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Net
All his issues to me were down to his knee injury. A summer of rest and surgery is what he needs and he should be back to what he was. I don't believe the folks that say he has declined and not to the extent people are saying.

What is with you people and the injury excuse. Wade is always banged up to a certain extent, whether it's a major knee or shoulder injury or a minor nagging injury. There's a reason for this... his style of play. He plays the same way he played in 2004, except he's nowhere near as quick and more prone to injury. He hasn't adapted his game as he's aged. He still doesn't have a consistent mid range or three point shot. He's still all too reckless with his body. If Wade continues to play in the same manner and doesn't adapt his game to his increasing age and declining athleticism then the injuries will continue to mount. To suggest that rest will solve all his ills, he'll avoid injury and he'll be the same dynamic player he was a few years ago is naive and misguided.
AngelEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 04:03 AM   #6
DirkNowitzki41
Monta Have It All

I think he's gonna have a great season next year, just my gut feeling. I'm gonna go all in and say hes gonna win the MVP (homer pick).

Still, he's my second favorite player of all time, I love watching him play and hope he comes back strong.
DirkNowitzki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 04:22 AM   #7
keep-itreal
Good High School Starter

Don't forget he was also dealing with the child custody with his ex-wife. That stuff stays on your mind and throws your game off a little bit
keep-itreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 04:36 AM   #8
arifgokcen
DON'T FEED THE TROLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelEyes
What is with you people and the injury excuse. Wade is always banged up to a certain extent, whether it's a major knee or shoulder injury or a minor nagging injury. There's a reason for this... his style of play. He plays the same way he played in 2004, except he's nowhere near as quick and more prone to injury. He hasn't adapted his game as he's aged. He still doesn't have a consistent mid range or three point shot. He's still all too reckless with his body. If Wade continues to play in the same manner and doesn't adapt his game to his increasing age and declining athleticism then the injuries will continue to mount. To suggest that rest will solve all his ills, he'll avoid injury and he'll be the same dynamic player he was a few years ago is naive and misguided.

+1111111

Wade should realize he is not in his 20s any more and play accordingly.I love his style of play but he has to improve his game to adapt
arifgokcen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 04:41 AM   #9
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
During this last season and postseason, I was really upset because I couldn't see my favorite player perform well due to injuries and a lot of problems. He did have a couple of great moments, but this was not the Dwyane Wade I know.

Who else has a feeling that Wade will come back stronger, healthier, and better next season? I hope he gets that knee problem fixed, and it'll be all good.

He's been my fav player for a while, but I'm done with him.

He just p#sses me off. His style of play is ugly, he still has no consistent jumper, still can't go to his right, still keeps making that stupid hesitation before taking a jumper etc.etc. When he's on his game he's probably the most exciting player to watch, but those days are over, his game hasn't evolved and I doubt it will at a consistent capacity.
andgar923 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 04:48 AM   #10
Day La Ghetto
Decent college freshman

Lightbulb Re: Dwyane Wade: Comeback season 2012/2013?

Quote:
Us people are the majority OF people.alot of people think he's injured,not old and declining. You can have your opinion and well have ours.what's with YOU people that think hes not injured and saying he's just old and slowed down? How do you know??because he's 30? youre not being rationale about what could've wrong with him,yourejut being ignorant towards it.
Day La Ghetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 04:49 AM   #11
SacJB Shady
College superstar

Dwayne wade is an old man now but he can still be effective next year with a jumper and with his size. But I still think them boyz is gonna win it.
SacJB Shady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 04:54 AM   #12
AngelEyes
Sentenza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day La Ghetto
Us people are the majority OF people.alot of people think he's injured,not old and declining. You can have your opinion and well have ours.what's with YOU people that think hes not injured and saying he's just old and slowed down? How do you know??because he's 30? youre not being rationale about what could've wrong with him,yourejut being ignorant towards it.

Wow... did you read anything I wrote? Clearly you didn't.
Old 06-25-2012, 05:11 AM   #13
Dwade305
el pollo loco siiiiiii

Quote:
Wow... did you read anything I wrote? Clearly you didn't.
I think to put it in short terms your paragraph was full of inconsistencies, 90% of it was your personal opinon on fortune telling, barely no facts and a couple of captain obvious lines like "He is no longer as athletic as before"..No shit . You have no new material posts like your have been made since 07, and yet Wade is still considered a top 10 player year in and year out., pretty good for an athletic, non jumpshooter who has regressed due to age and his every night injuries. Guess is the refs though that help him stay relevant?

Last edited by Dwade305 : 06-25-2012 at 05:15 AM.
Dwade305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 05:14 AM   #14
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Wade is 4 years younger than Kobe. He needs to go to Germany in the off season. Wade will be a much better player next year. He still averaged 23 ppg in the NBA Finals despite being injured. I hope Wade won't play in the 2012 Olympics. Miami needs a healthy Wade next season.

Last edited by Lebron23 : 06-25-2012 at 08:39 AM.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 05:19 AM   #15
AngelEyes
Sentenza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwade305
I think to put it in short terms your paragraph was full of inconsistencies, 90% of it was your personal opinon on fortune telling, barely no facts and a couple of captain obvious lines like "He is no longer as athletic as before"..No shit . You have no new material posts like your have been made since 07, and yet Wade is still considered a top 10 player year in and year out., pretty good for an athletic, non jumpshooter who has regressed due to age and his every night injuries. Guess is the refs though that help him stay relevant?

Name me these inconsistencies? Personal opinion is that Wade will continue to be injured if he remains a reckless attacker and not evolve more into a jumpshooter? That's opinion? That's common sense. Nowhere in my last post did I mention refs, you brought that up.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: