Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Juan Carlos Navarro crazy game

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigVeto
    If he's healthy he's up there with elite shooters in the NBA. Nash. Ray Allen. Novak. Dirk.
    True, but he's more of a scorer type though. A lot of his offense comes off the dribble, or off of his floater.

best shooter in the world currently

I feel devotion Fiba basketball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gabepizza
    You can't say Navarro is better than Pau. Pau has proved himself a champion and an All-star in the top league in the world, which Navarro hasn't.

And for the national team together Pau and Navarro have recently won gold medals in the last two Eurobaskets and silver in the last two Olympics (behind only the United States). Although Pau has never played without Navarro, in the 2010 World's Navarro played without Pau and Spain dropped from being the 2nd best team in the World to a 6th place finish with a 5-4 record (and 3 of those 5 victories were against Canada, Lebanon and New Zealand so really 2-4 record against other top teams)

So while we will never know how Spain would have fared with Pau and no Navarro we have seen that Spain with Navarro and no Pau, Spain drops from being the 2nd best team in the world to not even a top 5.
    There's nothing wrong with saying Navarro is better than Gasol ( who I think is underrated ) I also think that and a lot of other people think that too .

I rule the local playground

If he's healthy he's up there with elite shooters in the NBA. Nash. Ray Allen. Novak. Dirk.
    I'd compare him to JJ Redick.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

no.

Banned

he's overrated in my opinion. A lot of it wont translate to the NBA gam.

If he's barely throwing up floaters and fade to the left jumpers, he's going to get killed.

Also, notice there were no defensive highlights....he would get lit up on defense.

Those damn floaters, thought the video was on repeat or something

Banned

I'm not a hater and I actually embrace basketball from all stand points. Even different leagues of the world but what Navarro did was not very impressive.

Impressive for the league he's playing?...maybe. He's not even Kobe or Lebron of his own league.

Kobe and Lebron puts up those stats on a daily basis and I don't get why this guy is getting all the praise. I know for a fact he couldn't do it in the NBA. If he was given the green light as the #1 option, I still don't think he can do it.

Props for him for having a great game for the league's standards.

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    I'm not a hater and I actually embrace basketball from all stand points. Even different leagues of the world but what Navarro did was not very impressive.

Impressive for the league he's playing?...maybe. He's not even Kobe or Lebron of his own league.

Kobe and Lebron puts up those stats on a daily basis and I don't get why this guy is getting all the praise. I know for a fact he couldn't do it in the NBA. If he was given the green light as the #1 option, I still don't think he can do it.

Props for him for having a great game for the league's standards.
    He could do it against Miami Heat! *ba dum tss!*

Kobe and Lebron puts up those stats on a daily basis and I don't get why this guy is getting all the praise.
    They don't.
    I can understand you thinking it's not the same due to being an inferior league, but you can't just claim Kobe and Lebron do that everyweek.
    You must realize ACB games are just 40 minutes long, not 48 like in the NBA.
    He scored 33 points in 40 minutes, which translates to 49.5 in 48 minutes. I don't see Lebron and Kobe getting just under 50 points every week, right?
    In fact, Navarro played 30 minutes that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
    There's nothing wrong with saying Navarro is better than Gasol ( who I think is underrated ) I also think that and a lot of other people think that too .
    gabepizza has never seen a game outside of the NBA or Team USA games. He obviously has no freaking clue in the slightest how good Navarro was in his career.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Koncak
    I'd compare him to JJ Redick.
    I like JJ, he's one my favorite players ever in NCAA actually. But he's not nearly as good a shooter or scorer as Navarro is. He's not as good at passing, running pick and roll, or dribbling either.

Not as good at creating his own shot. In fact, he's not even close to as good at any of that.

He is a lot better on defense though.
    I think a much more accurate comparison for a contemporary NBA player would be Jason Terry. Basically, Navarro is a rich man's (as in better version of ) Terry.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 01-04-2013 at 07:25 AM.

he's overrated in my opinion. A lot of it wont translate to the NBA gam.

If he's barely throwing up floaters and fade to the left jumpers, he's going to get killed.

Also, notice there were no defensive highlights....he would get lit up on defense.
    Yet he can easily tear up Team USA, the Lakers, etc. every time he plays them.

I rule the local playground

Spain with Navaro but without Gasol flopped badly in 2005 and 2010.Spain with Gasol was the best european team by far.No comparison.Gasol was definitely the difference maker in spanish NT.

Quote Originally Posted by chains5000
    They don't.
    I can understand you thinking it's not the same due to being an inferior league, but you can't just claim Kobe and Lebron do that everyweek.
    You must realize ACB games are just 40 minutes long, not 48 like in the NBA.
    He scored 33 points in 40 minutes, which translates to 49.5 in 48 minutes. I don't see Lebron and Kobe getting just under 50 points every week, right?
    In fact, Navarro played 30 minutes that game.
    What archaic math did you use to come up with that number?