Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 01-01-2013, 12:40 AM   #16
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One has decent reputationTarik One has decent reputation
Default Re: Black Monday Thread (Firings)

It's good to see some fresh names instead same ole recycled names.

Cowher and Gruden are pipe dreams, yet their names come up every year
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:02 PM   #17
AboveTheRim.
Great young streetballer

AboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
How does Jim Schwartz have a job today?

Lions fans everywhere are asking this question. The only moves that they made were firing their WR coach, TE coach and RB coach. None of those positions needed change. This organization is so incredibly idiotic, I hate being a fan at times like this.
AboveTheRim. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:16 PM   #18
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Looking like Reid to Arizona
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:48 PM   #19
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Nice thread irondarts.

Damn Browns got rid of Heckert?

I like Mike McCoy on that HC candidate list. Anyone know anything about the Falcons OC? If Eagles cant land a proven HC I rather go for a assistant on a winning team. Over college coaches.
Been pretty much common knowledge in Cleveland that Heckert was done, even though the vast majority of the fans (myself included) thought he did a great job with personnel the last few years and wanted him to remain. Still, it isn't surprising that a guy who just paid $1 billion for the franchise wants to bring his own regime in.

Heckert's days were numbered the minute word leaked of Haslam buying the team. Now, we just have to hope he is able to find a suitable replacement, because if he doesn't, it is going to come back on him. The fans were behind Heckert, by and large.

The stance right now is basically, "OK, Haslam... We'll give you a fair shake and a chance to bring in your people, but it better produce results."

We'll see.
RedBlackAttack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:28 PM   #20
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

HC candidates list updated.

Syracuse HC Doug Marrone has emerged as a hot candidate, with the Bills, Browns, Eagles, Bears & Chiefs all having interest.

It's being reported that the feeling is Chip Kelly will stay at Oregon.

Packers OC Tom Clements has emerged as a HC candidate, with the Bears reportedly having interest.

Cowboys Special Teams Coach Joe DeCamillis has an interview set up with the Bears.

Cardinals are reportedly close to hiring Andy Reid, but their still are some snags, there's some reports that Reid won't come unless the Cardinals hire Tom Heckert to be their new GM as well.

The Bills reportedly have strong interest in Ken Whisenhunt.

Last edited by irondarts : 01-01-2013 at 09:30 PM.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:36 AM   #21
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

Just looking around at stuff and Jason Garrett/Wade Phillips both have 21-19 records with Dallas. The one with the playoff berth/win got fired, looks like JG won't.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:33 AM   #22
AngelEyes
Sentenza

AngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
How does Jim Schwartz have a job today?

He has a job because of the extension he signed last season that runs through 2015, I believe. Detroit doesn't want to dump him with that many years left. It's too bad because it would be nice to see what a decent coach could do with Stafford and Megatron, as well as Suh on defense, who don't think has fulfilled his potential.
AngelEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:35 AM   #23
AngelEyes
Sentenza

AngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballinhun8
I am sad to see Lovie go. He was a great coach here but the success was not equaling out with the talent we had.

We've played in a division not talented outside of GB yet DET and MIN have made the playoffs the last two seasons and not us. Results and better showings on offense need to be made.

As far as possible candidates go, I have heard of Mike McCoy's interview. I wouldn't mind if they gave our S/T coach Dave Toub an interview. If not, the big name guys like Gruden and my ultimate wish, Bill Cowher, would be ideal.

He's a good coach, nothing more. He had 9 seasons, that's a long damn time, he never hired an OC that could turn the offense around.
AngelEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:56 AM   #24
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
Dirk Koetter is a very well respected offensive mind and is known for developing QB's and running an explosive offense. A lot of people credited him with having a huge role in the Falcons success this year because he transformed their offense from the vanilla run dominated offense Mularkey ran and implemented a pass heavy attack that fully utilized Julio Jones and Matt Ryan.

He's only been a Head Coach at the College level, but he had great success at Boise State (20-5 in his last 2 years at Boise) and had middling success at Arizona State. His high point at ASU was 2004 when they went 9-3.

Overall I think he'd be a good choice. Definitely is a great offensive mind.

Him or mike McCoy I wouldn't mind. I'd like an offensive minded HC.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:44 AM   #25
AboveTheRim.
Great young streetballer

AboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelEyes
He has a job because of the extension he signed last season that runs through 2015, I believe. Detroit doesn't want to dump him with that many years left. It's too bad because it would be nice to see what a decent coach could do with Stafford and Megatron, as well as Suh on defense, who don't think has fulfilled his potential.

The extension is irrelevant. He's not making enough money in the next 2 years to justify keeping him around. Schwartz still has a job because the owner doesn't like change and seemingly doesn't care enough to promote a winning attitude. The only coaches who lost their jobs are the coaches who should have kept their jobs. The Special Teams coach is still on board (Idiot who kept Logan on return duty as well as ceding many return td's), the qb coach who doesn't help Stafford with throwing off his back foot, and the offensive coordinator who seems to think that the Lions will be able to establish a good running attack in the first half every god damn game.
AboveTheRim. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:37 PM   #26
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Well Dirk Koetter has decided to stay with the Falcons as their OC, he signed a 2 year extension today.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:14 AM   #27
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

Reid on verge of Chiefs deal. I like it better than the Cardinals situation. They have little talent on offense other than Charles but they have the #1 overall pick. He may be the best option for Geno Smith's growth if that's the route they go.

Lot of young talent on defense. Berry, Flowers, Poe, Hali...he may have them competing in 2-3 years. Stubborn as he is he's still a good coach and I'd prefer him in the AFC.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:20 AM   #28
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
Reid on verge of Chiefs deal. I like it better than the Cardinals situation. They have little talent on offense other than Charles but they have the #1 overall pick. He may be the best option for Geno Smith's growth if that's the route they go.

Lot of young talent on defense. Berry, Flowers, Poe, Hali...he may have them competing in 2-3 years. Stubborn as he is he's still a good coach and I'd prefer him in the AFC.

Chiefs do have alot of talent and I think the right coach may harness them into a playoff team next season. They remind me alot of the niners pre-Harbough with alot of talent but mismanaged, they are probably more talented on paper then the niners were in 2010 actually. They have a glaring need at QB but I'm sure the new coach will bring in his guy to run his offense.

But Reid's biggest problem is that he barely runs the ball and the Chiefs have a great backfield. Charles is a great multi-threat back but I'm afraid Reid will use him in a Lesean McCoy role.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:11 PM   #29
Rose
nanu nanu

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by AboveTheRim.
The extension is irrelevant. He's not making enough money in the next 2 years to justify keeping him around. Schwartz still has a job because the owner doesn't like change and seemingly doesn't care enough to promote a winning attitude. The only coaches who lost their jobs are the coaches who should have kept their jobs. The Special Teams coach is still on board (Idiot who kept Logan on return duty as well as ceding many return td's), the qb coach who doesn't help Stafford with throwing off his back foot, and the offensive coordinator who seems to think that the Lions will be able to establish a good running attack in the first half every god damn game.
Dude just came off a playoff season. The first in forever, yes the locker room is questionable at best. And I agree the special teams coach should be more than gone. But he (Schwartz) should be given another year to right the ship. We lost how many games by 4 points? And I realize alot of those were because someone would get a stupid penalty and mess up a third and long and give them a first, or someone slacked off. That's easy to fix. Losing 8 in a row to end the year is concerning but the Lions problems are fixable internally. I think he should be given next season to see what he should do.

As far as the running game goes, it's a solid philosophy. It's just only the rbs are good occasionally, and it's not like Stafford needs to pass more anyways. Plus with all the wide outs getting hurt, I don't think you can fire any of those guys with good reason. I think injuries hurt us more than even the stupid penalties. Having an already porous secondary starting a high JV team for the first half of the year didn't help.

Last edited by Rose : 01-03-2013 at 01:16 PM.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:12 PM   #30
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Reid signed on in KC.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: