Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-28-2012, 05:27 PM   #16
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: ISHiots! How would you like to draft a nation-state?

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1
yes
I'm not very clear on this one either... he asked you 2 questions.
Anti Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:28 PM   #17
Rose
slightly upset stomach

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I saw it was a chosen number of individuals what's the number a person has to choose?

EDIT: also side question, is this set during any specific year? For instance could I choose USA in like 1805 and claim my defense is who the **** would sail an invading fleet that far for a country that's not wealthy, since planes aren't invented yet that's not an issue.

Or say China in a specific year where the previous scenario is in play and the great wall matters more than it does now?

Last edited by Rose : 12-28-2012 at 05:32 PM.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:29 PM   #18
red1
Dinosaurs

red1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Hero
I'm not very clear on this one either... he asked you 2 questions.
yes im not in the draft
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:31 PM   #19
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Anti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAnti Hero is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
So you draft one great historical figure, and then decide how to run whichever country you choose? Or do you draft x amount of historical leaders?

edit: I saw it was a chosen number of individuals what's the number a person has to choose?

There are x amount of rounds. You have to draft 1 country, but then it's up to you. You can draft a country with all artists or more military. You can create a country ruled by religion with say, the prophet Mohammad as the leader. You can draft generals and cia leaders. You can draft scientists. Any combination of all of these things or whatever else you can think of.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:33 PM   #20
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

11 rounds, 10 people and 1 country.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:33 PM   #21
Rose
slightly upset stomach

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
There are x amount of rounds. You have to draft 1 country, but then it's up to you. You can draft a country with all artists or more military. You can create a country ruled by religion with say, the prophet Mohammad as the leader. You can draft generals and cia leaders. You can draft scientists. Any combination of all of these things or whatever else you can think of.
also side question, is this set during any specific year? For instance could I choose USA in like 1805 and claim my defense is who the **** would sail an invading fleet that far for a country that's not wealthy, since planes aren't invented yet that's not an issue.

Or say China in a specific year where the previous scenario is in play and the great wall matters more than it does now?
I'm gonna post this question in case it gets ignored.

Hmm after a brief reading of the nation state draft 2 I see my question is irrelevant. i only asked because he said two landmarks, so I assumed that could potentially play a role if you're in the middle of nowhere protected naturally by an ocean or something.

Last edited by Rose : 12-28-2012 at 05:37 PM.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:36 PM   #22
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I saw it was a chosen number of individuals what's the number a person has to choose?

EDIT: also side question, is this set during any specific year? For instance could I choose USA in like 1805 and claim my defense is who the **** would sail an invading fleet that far for a country that's not wealthy, since planes aren't invented yet that's not an issue.

Depending on the amount of rounds is the amount of people you chose from.

During those rounds you can draft whoever you want to build your nation with.. military leaders, philosophers, agriculturists, artists, presidents, religious leaders, etc..

Its up to you, to who you want to draft in order to form a union of men that will make your nation prosper better than all the other ones put together.

would you select 10 agriculturists or 10 military leaders? likely not, because then your nation would be imbalanced and your system would not prosper and your nation will fail before it even begins.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:36 PM   #23
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Quote:

I'm gonna post this question in case it gets ignored.

No years. You get a country for borders and resources etc.. You're gonna have the issue where your ancient ruler or general is dealing with tanks and planes.. I believe it was graded on a curve. They were good enough that had there been jets they'd have known how to use and prepare for and against.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:37 PM   #24
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1
yes im not in the draft
Oh, now I see.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:40 PM   #25
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
No years. You get a country for borders and resources etc.. You're gonna have the issue where your ancient ruler or general is dealing with tanks and planes.. I believe it was graded on a curve. They were good enough that had there been jets they'd have known how to use and prepare for and against.
Kind of like past NBA greats playing in the modern era.. they were great enough and smart enough that no doubt they would take advantage of modern tech and knowledge. If you were a scrub 20 years ago.. its likely that no modern marvels will make you a superstar NBA player.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:42 PM   #26
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
Kind of like past NBA greats playing in the modern era.. they were great enough and smart enough that no doubt they would take advantage of modern tech and knowledge. If you were a scrub 20 years ago.. its likely that no modern marvels will make you a superstar NBA player.
Precisely.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:43 PM   #27
Rose
slightly upset stomach

I'm gonna decline this one just because I like seeing how these things play out first, (like I did with the Mafia thread), but if I can get in the second one I'd love to play it.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:44 PM   #28
Anti Hero
Be your own hero

Quote:
I'm gonna decline this one just because I like seeing how these things play out first, (like I did with the Mafia thread), but if I can get in the second one I'd love to play it.
If I pm'd you the thread of the previous one, would that change your mind.. this is technically the second one and you did just say you would play in the second one...
Old 12-28-2012, 05:45 PM   #29
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

Quote:
Sir if you abandon us.. the first may not succeed without your support and a second draft will be doomed by inevitability.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:47 PM   #30
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

Quote:
If I pm'd you the thread of the previous one, would that change your mind.. this is technically the second one and you did just say you would play in the second one...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: