Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-30-2012, 06:28 AM   #1
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default MP3 players

What are some good MP3 players, non-ipod?
$100 budget
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:32 AM   #2
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: MP3 players

I got this through some ISH recommendations: http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Sansa-...sansa+clip+zip

Bought a 32GB micro SD card on sale and its been a great affordable MP3 player.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:38 AM   #3
28renyoy
Banned

28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board28renyoy has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Exclamation Re: MP3 players

iPhone
28renyoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:42 AM   #4
maybeshewill13
**** u Thabo u ****

maybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected poster

$100 budget? Get a job your ****ing hippie. How many months of allowance from the parents did it take you to save up all that cash?
maybeshewill13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:51 AM   #5
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this boardNick Young has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybeshewill13
$100 budget? Get a job your ****ing hippie. How many months of allowance from the parents did it take you to save up all that cash?
I'm not a hippy, or parent sponge. I'm just cheap when it comes to technology, except laptops, because it always expires and goes obsolete and is available for like $150 less a year after it comes out, and then I just get pissed off in the future knowing I paid so much for something that is hardly worth anything anymore.

That's why I don't have a smartphone, all I see is they cause drama, people look at them all the time, talk about them all the time, are always buying new ones, relying on them everywhere they go and upgrading, seems dumb when all I want to do is text and make a few calls.

Similarly, when all I want from an MP3 player is to hold like 500 songs and not break, and play music, why should I pay more then like $100 for that? Back in the day of CD players I had a cheap $15 CD player and my sister had a $70 one and they sounded exactly the same only mine lasted longer.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:12 AM   #6
DMV2
Keep on Rockin in...

DMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
I'm not a hippy, or parent sponge. I'm just cheap when it comes to technology, except laptops, because it always expires and goes obsolete and is available for like $150 less a year after it comes out, and then I just get pissed off in the future knowing I paid so much for something that is hardly worth anything anymore.

That's why I don't have a smartphone, all I see is they cause drama, people look at them all the time, talk about them all the time, are always buying new ones, relying on them everywhere they go and upgrading, seems dumb when all I want to do is text and make a few calls.

Similarly, when all I want from an MP3 player is to hold like 500 songs and not break, and play music, why should I pay more then like $100 for that? Back in the day of CD players I had a cheap $15 CD player and my sister had a $70 one and they sounded exactly the same only mine lasted longer.
Nick, get a prepaid smartphone then. Those are perfect for just texting, calls and playing music. Plus, no contract.

I'm a conservative tech/electronics buyer too, though, I don't mind spending a little extra dough if the product will last a good 6 or 7 years. Maximizing its usage is what I go by. I was on a flipphone for 6 years, and finally got a prepaid phone a month ago. LOL
DMV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:31 AM   #7
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
I got this through some ISH recommendations: http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Sansa-...sansa+clip+zip

This.

I have a Clip+, so I don't know whether the Clip Zip is exactly the same. But for $70 you get an MP3 player with 40gb of space, great battery life, plays every filetype, organizes itself and has the best sound quality.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:45 AM   #8
eriX
High School Starter

eriX has decent reputation

just get the ipod classic 32gb

i brought my ipod nano like 4 years ago, spent like 150 and lasted to this day still in top condition and only just filled up the full 16gb.
eriX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:45 AM   #9
maybeshewill13
**** u Thabo u ****

maybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/SanDisk+...&skuId=3029051

EDIT: Or the one sunsfan1357 recommended. His one has more storage but costs more. Depends what you need.
maybeshewill13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:33 AM   #10
franchise#3
Local High School Star

franchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation here

You should consider getting in iPod, anything made by apple holds value for a very long time.
franchise#3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:22 PM   #11
kNIOKAS
Medium Rare

kNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekNIOKAS is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It was Sansa Clip+ a year and half ago... And I got it. Also got Zune or Zune+ (coloured, can watch movies) but dropped it and chipped the screen.

Right now there must be something new, upgraded Clips or something. Anyway, I am very happy with it. It's no touchscreen, no shenanigans - you can switch songs without getting it off of your pocket. Although the handle thingie on the back of it fell off quite quickly, so avoid overstreching it.

doing my research for players I went on a forum called anythingbutipod, made a thread there and they are warm people, got me some answers.
kNIOKAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:53 PM   #12
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I've had my 80 gig iPod classic for about 6 years now and it still works perfectly. iPod last a very long time and are worth it to splurge for one. If not, the one sunsfan recommended.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:53 PM   #13
BuffaloBill
Zero Dimes

BuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I use my iphone.
BuffaloBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:59 PM   #14
AboveTheRim.
Great young streetballer

AboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this boardAboveTheRim. is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357

This. I love it. Have had it for 3-4 years now
AboveTheRim. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:59 PM   #15
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
I've had my 80 gig iPod classic for about 6 years now and it still works perfectly. iPod last a very long time and are worth it to splurge for one. If not, the one sunsfan recommended.
My last thing was an Ipod touch from 2009, it lasted awhile yeh, before that I always had ipod classics, I liked mine because it had like 40 Gigs on it but it busted after a year, and then my replacement ipod nano (first gen, no color) busted after another year.

I like ipods but I feel like they're designed to break after a year to encourage you to keep buying new ones. My ipod touch only lasted so long because I didn't use it for a year and a half.

All I want is music, no fancy features, I don't feel like paying $300 for another ipod when I can do it cheaper for a non-name brand thing.

Then again once I bought a creative zen and the stupid thing broke after a week for no reason, despite it having tons of good reviews. sansa looks good
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: