Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 12-27-2012, 01:05 PM   #1
Jballer
Local High School Star

Jballer has decent reputationJballer has decent reputation
Default Teams 'most likely' to be active at trade deadline?

I suppose we sit and wonder what if any deals are out there vis a vis Jose (a consumate professional) and possibly Bargnani...

I suspect that lots of deals will get thrown around but a starting point would be to define teams "likely to make a move" verses teams that will sit...

My best guestimate :

Toronto

Milwaukee - probably have to move on one of Monta and Dunleavy

Orlando - probably have to move on JJRed...

Washington (?) - they made moves to build around Wall..but it isnt working. Will they unwind ?

Utah - got to settle on 2 of 3 big men - one is likely out; especially with Mo now gone at the guard.

Portland - probably want to add real depth to Lilliard and Aldridge duo - to keep / resign Aldridge. Truth and ruors says otherwise but I would bet a beer on an aquisition.

Golden State (?) - Bogut not coming back full speed ?? Will they add given success or just hold their cards hoping for more next season?

Sacremento - Suspect a decision will be made on TEvens and Cousins one of these days

Pheonix (?) - not sure they have the cap space but may make a move

Houston - would not at all be surprised to see them make 1 or more moves.

Couple of dark horse traders ?

LA Lakers - because you never know

Denver - Perhaps - their in the playoffs now but you can assume they hear the footsteps of the Laker, Twolves and the Jazz nipping at their heals .....

Last edited by Jballer : 12-28-2012 at 12:24 PM.
Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:49 PM   #2
Bcogswell
Raptors > You.

Bcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Teams 'most likely' to be active at trade deadline?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jballer
Washington (?) - they made moves to build around Wall..but it isnt working. Will they unwind ?

Wall hasn't even played yet this season. How can you say it isn't working when their best player hasn't played yet?
Bcogswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:35 AM   #3
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcogswell
Wall hasn't even played yet this season. How can you say it isn't working when their best player hasn't played yet?

You are supposed to make it so that your team can survive when your allstar is out. Not make it so that they are only good when he is playing.
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:21 PM   #4
Jballer
Local High School Star

TLows comment covers off my thoughts exactly... other than to add...

I think with Okafor Ariza Nene and draft pick (Beal and the highly talented Euro player year before Veesly ??) ... they assumed they had a 500+ team just waiting for Wall to show up...

Clearly it hasnt worked.

The 'other shoe' to drop could be a coaching / management (Ernie G) change.

I suppose though Nene spoke out against the youngsters... so what do you change ? the players ? the management ?

Both - likely.

<edit note.. I actually was predicting Washington in the 8th spot in the east preseason. I suspected the talent on this team was deeper than Toronto for example and I liked the win/losses they could pile up in their division i.e. Bobcats, Orlando, and splits with Atlanta. I was evidently off by a mile on that prediction - no question... but I do believe that Washington is likely to make a management and roster move... I can see them wanting to keep Nene and Wall as building blocks - but I could see where Washington might be very tempted to acquire a Jose/Bargnani combo for Okafur Veesly (spelling) and perhaps something else like a draft pick >>>

Last edited by Jballer : 12-28-2012 at 12:31 PM.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:34 PM   #5
Jballer
Local High School Star

Add Brooklyn ??

Dunno if coaching change makes a difference. Not suggesting Raptors have a fit here... but I do wonder if the new owner is not willing to go out and get some help - damn the cost...
Old 12-31-2012, 10:01 AM   #6
Jballer
Local High School Star

Houston...

...sound more than likely Royce White based on the antagonism in that relationship... although he is only a 1st year draft pick...
Old 12-31-2012, 12:19 PM   #7
Bcogswell
Raptors > You.

Bcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jballer
Houston...

...sound more than likely Royce White based on the antagonism in that relationship... although he is only a 1st year draft pick...

Can't see to many teams that would be willing to pick him up. He is talented for sure, but not nearly enough to make up for the all trouble he will be.
Bcogswell is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: