Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-13-2012, 11:56 AM   #16
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Monta Ellis & Ilyasova for Gasol?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheeBeast
Nash, Ellis, Kobe at the 3?

Or would we bench Ellis and make him the sixth man?
Ellis starts at point and you bring in Phil Jackson. Nash can come off the bench.
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:03 PM   #17
Rekindled
Pringles Reborn

Rekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
Ellis starts at point and you bring in Phil Jackson. Nash can come off the bench.

you realize ellis is a career 20% 3pt shooter right? phil jackson system require pg to be 3 pt shooters
Rekindled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:15 PM   #18
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekindled
because most bucks fans want ellis gone from the team. and gasol is big upgrade from ilyasova.

i dont thin lakers do it though, ellis and kobe might kill each other for the ball

Why do they want Ellis gone? I'd rather trade Jennings and keep Ellis.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:17 PM   #19
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

If the Bucks want to do this then it sounds good to me. I would love to go small with Nash, Monta, Kobe, Illyasova and Howard. Idk how well it would work but I'd try it. I figure why even try to play defense anymore.
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:20 PM   #20
Levity
Dale, you giblet head!

Levity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation here

gasol for ilyasova and one of harris/ dunleavy, and whatever else is needed to make contracts work

bucks: get a legit post scorer to compliment their perimeter chuckers.

lakers: get an underperforming 4, who with consistent minutes can be a big time contributor to LA and can help spread the floor for dwight. they also get a 3, whether it be harris or dunleavy, that fits perfect in MDA's system.
Levity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:23 PM   #21
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levity
gasol for ilyasova and one of harris/ dunleavy, and whatever else is needed to make contracts work

bucks: get a legit post scorer to compliment their perimeter chuckers.

lakers: get an underperforming 4, who with consistent minutes can be a big time contributor to LA and can help spread the floor for dwight. they also get a 3, whether it be harris or dunleavy, that fits perfect in MDA's system.

why would they want dunleavy? they at least have to be able to play some defense. you can't hide Nash, and Dunleavy and Jamison and Meeks...Even the Suns had good defenders at the wings in Bell and Johnson and Marion. You can't just put the worst defenders in the league on a team and expect them to be able to get stops in the last 3 minutes of close games in the playoffs.
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:24 PM   #22
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
you realize ellis is a career 20% 3pt shooter right? phil jackson system require pg to be 3 pt shooters
no, i didn't realize that.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:30 PM   #23
ralph_i_el
The Wizard

ralph_i_el has a terrific reputationralph_i_el has a terrific reputationralph_i_el has a terrific reputationralph_i_el has a terrific reputationralph_i_el has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipogb
2 players who average around 5 assists per game in their careers, I dont see the problem

don't watch much ball eh?

you're going to get a certain minimum amount of assists by handling the ball as much as either of these guys do. Obviously no one takes every shot and when you have the ball in your hands most of the game some assists fall into your lap.
ralph_i_el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:32 PM   #24
Levity
Dale, you giblet head!

Levity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
why would they want dunleavy? they at least have to be able to play some defense. you can't hide Nash, and Dunleavy and Jamison and Meeks...Even the Suns had good defenders at the wings in Bell and Johnson and Marion. You can't just put the worst defenders in the league on a team and expect them to be able to get stops in the last 3 minutes of close games in the playoffs.

one of dunleavy or harris. Harris is a long 6'8" SF who started the season for the bucks, but due to skiles inconsistent rotations, he occasionally gets DNP's

hide nash, jamison, meeks, and dunleavy? those 4 would never see the floor at the same time. and if 2 of them were playing at the same time, the defense wouldnt be as bad as youre trying to make it seem
Levity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:36 PM   #25
LosBulls
Bulls Fan Since 2010

LosBulls posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryLosBulls posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Lakers Receive: Ilyasova,Rip Hamilton,Bulls First Rounder,Beno Udrih (7.5 Mil Expirer) and Jimmy Butler.

Milwaukee Receive: Pau Gasol,Metta World Peace,Charlotte 1st Rounder Via Bulls

Bulls Receive: Monta Ellis

Lakers
C: Dwight Howard/Jordan Hill
PF: Illyasova
SF: Jamison/Jimmy Butler
SG: Kobe Bryant/Rip Hamilton
PG: Steve Nash/Beno Udrih/Chris Duhon

What they get: Younger replacement for Pau with a lot of potential and willing to learn who can put up monster numbers on any given night. They get rid of MWP contract and get a 7.5 mil expirer at the point guard, And they solidify their bench with Rip Hamilton and Jimmy Butler.

Milwaukee
C: Samuel Dalembert/Pryzbilla/Sanders
PF: Pau Gasol/Mbah a moute/Udoh
SF: Metta World Peace/Dunleavy
SG: Tobias Harris/Doron Lamb
PG: Brandon Jennings

What they get: Pau Gasol and Brandon Jennings duo will get them a spot in to the playoff in the east, 10 mil coming off they books next year to sign a good SG to add to the trio and resign Brandon Jennings.

Bulls
C: Joakim Noah/Mohammed
PF: Carlos Boozer/Taj Gibson
SF: Luol Deng/Radmanovic
SG: Monta Ellis/Kirk Heinrich/Belinelli
PG: Derrick Rose/Nate Robinson/

What they get: The all-star SG and scorer they have so desperately needed in the past years to add motivation to Derrick Rose so he can come back stronger than before and light that fire for the Bulls to give that Championship push before Boozer gets amnestied next year.
LosBulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 12:37 PM   #26
NoGunzJustSkillz

Quote:
Fisher 3pt avg; .373, Monta; .321. Besides, anyways you wanna spin it, Phil would be the better fit.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: