Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-13-2012, 05:38 AM   #1
SacJB Shady
College superstar

SacJB Shady has a very bad reputationSacJB Shady has a very bad reputationSacJB Shady has a very bad reputationSacJB Shady has a very bad reputationSacJB Shady has a very bad reputation
Default *** The WARRIORS need to be discussed more

It's not just about beating the Miami Heat, that was good and all, but even last year we beat them. Why am I so harsh lately with my comments? Why am I being sort of an A hole when it comes to sticking up for my team this year? Because there is a lot of biases in the NBA. People talking about East Coast teams or LA just because they are big market teams. Like why do I wanna keep reading about the Lakers when they aren't a relevant team anymore? Im tired of hearing about them and I don't respect them or think they are a 500 team. Now you can laugh all you want, but look at the standings and look at the facts instead of arguing about me. It's not just the Lakers though.

The Warriors are probably gonna get snubbed in the All Star game with a winning record and I'm not going to stand seeing guys like Lin get in and inferior players in the East making it as well. I'll put the Warriors head to head with any of those players who make it. The Warriors don't get much respect and Warriors fans don't get much either, so I feel that it's my duty to stick up for them if I can. We have been ridiculed for years, laughed at, and ignored, not taken seriously. We are still one of the most passionate fans in the NBA.

So I'm just saying, wake up and stop talking only about Jeremy Lin or the less than 500 Lakers. If the Lakers can win 10 in a row or 5 in a row in the road, then give me a shout. If you don't think the Warriors deserver to be talked about as much as the other teams on here, you don't have NBA league pass and your butt is in bed when we're playing home games. Someone on here said, ''I respect the Warriors, but maybe you should talk about them on a warriors forum. They aren't interesting to talk about.'' Well you know what? They are a feel good story and people need to stop acting like Kobe did when he said he didn't know Jeremy Lin. That's all I gotta say. If there were a few more threads about the Warriors on here from time to time and they were getting respect from intelligent fans, I wouldn't have to write this stupid thread.

I tell you what. I respect Clippersfan86. Not because he's a troll like you say or anything, not because I'm an LA fan or aren't, but because the guy is passionate, honest, speaks his mind, and gives you respect. He respects the Warriors as well. I respect him and the Clippers a hick of a lot more than the Lakers. I know what he's going through.

Lastly, the Warriors are building a waterfront arena in SF, next to the bay bridge. That will be 1000 times more iconic than any basketball arena ever built. I'm not saying it's going to be more famous than Madison Square garden right away, that's not what I mean. But we're talking about a GS team moving across the bay, playing next to perhaps the most classy city in the world. So many cities in the East Coast have no hills, no Alcatraz, no Golden Gate Bridge, and I could go on and on and on. And that's not just the East Coast. I don't mean to sound condescending but when people act like SF isn't something, they are totally mistaking. When the Warriors are playing next the bay bridge and the water and within a couple blocks from ATT Park, don't be an IDIOT and start talking about San Francisco as if it's some stupid city when you're probably living in a city with nothing at all. No mountains, no hills, no views, just totally flat and out in the middle of nowhere, yet people act like the West Coast isn't all that unless it's LA. The Warriors need the respect that they deserve and I'm already going insane knowing they probably won't have an All Star this year, when it's so obvious they should.

Last edited by SacJB Shady : 12-13-2012 at 05:48 AM.
SacJB Shady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:54 AM   #2
Legends66NBA7
Face Of Death

Legends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: *** The WARRIORS need to be discussed more

I guess I've always wanted to discuss the Golden State Warriors before.

Probably my favourite NBA team from the California state, if I had to pick one. They just remind me of the Raptors (my favourite team) in a lot of ways. It's good to see them winning this season.

Steph Curry would be my favourite Warrior, if I had to pick one.

That said, not many people bring up the Warriors on ISH because they aren't many Warriors fans on ISH to begin with and most people from Cali are talking about the Lakers because their fanbase is huge. Even the Clippers get more talk because of their Los Angeles connections. Though, that should change because of the winning streak and possible playoff seeding if they keep this hot streak going.

They were also the 8th most valuable team to the NBA last season, going to show that their fanbase and location is going to keep them relevant for years to come.
Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:57 AM   #3
pnyozzzoo
Great young streetballer

pnyozzzoo has decent reputation

Kevin Mchale + Royce White for Mark Jackson
pnyozzzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:58 AM   #4
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

They are really flying under the radar. 15-7 record and 5th seed in the West. Impressive.

Their next few games are pretty winnable so they have an opportunity to even improve their record.
@ Orlando
@ Atlanta
vs New Orleans
@ Sacramento
vs Charlotte

They could easily go 4-1 during that stretch if they keep up their good play.

Warriors had some impressive wins so far. They beat the Nets twice and also won against the Heat,Hawks and Clippers.

Last edited by Clutch : 12-13-2012 at 06:01 AM.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:02 AM   #5
hon
DURAS

hon has decent reputation

Lock it in... they're officially called "Run TLC"
hon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:03 AM   #6
PyrrhusX
GOATbrook >>>

PyrrhusX has an OK reputation so far

Super exciting team to watch with one of the best backcourts in the NBA if not the best offensive one. Cant wait till I visit my parents in SF next year for 6 months then I can watch them play ... hopefully Bogut will be back and they will be fighting for a top 4 seeding

OKC v GSW WCF would be my dream matchup
PyrrhusX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:07 AM   #7
maybeshewill13
**** u Thabo u ****

maybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected poster

I've been watching them along on league pass. Fun team, and I also have Thompson, Lee and Jack on my fantasy team Glad to see them doing well. I expect them to finish 6-8th at seasons end.. solid considering they're a very young team and only made the playoffs once in the last 18 years..
maybeshewill13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:40 AM   #8
chips93
Very good NBA starter

chips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hon

Lock it in... they're officially called "Run TLC"
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:44 AM   #9
roffie
Local High School Star

roffie is considered somewhat coolroffie is considered somewhat coolroffie is considered somewhat cool

not sure who's worse, you or clippersfan but yes, i'm also rooting for the warriors this year. david lee is allstars worthy this year
roffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:45 AM   #10
DMV2
Keep on Rockin in...

DMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Attention whores are reserved for women. Don't become one of them, Shady. You're a good guy!

If you do, why not just keep in one thread?
Like this --->>> http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=228453
DMV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:47 AM   #11
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMV2
Attention whores are reserved for women. Don't become one of them, Shady. You're a good guy!

If you do, why not just keep in one thread?
Like this --->>> http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=228453
Yeah,open the Official Golden State Warriors bandwagon thread. I'll join for sure.

Warriors are one of my favorite teams,they might be even my second favorite team. After the Knicks of course,they are clearly the #1.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:18 AM   #12
Shepseskaf
Old School

Shepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputation

No doubt GSW deserves more love. No doubt.

Steph Curry is a monster. Never thought he would blow up like this.

Watching some of Curry's highlights, its clear that he's better than his dad, Dell. I just wondered how many other players this is the case with. Kobe, of course, but who else?
Shepseskaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:44 AM   #13
colorz
Old School.

colorz is considered somewhat coolcolorz is considered somewhat cool

They remind me a lot of the Clippers last year. If the Warriors keep it up all season, they'll earn their respect.
colorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:53 AM   #14
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Last edited by bagelred : 12-13-2012 at 09:58 AM.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:43 AM   #15
La Frescobaldi
I brick nerf balls

La Frescobaldi has a near all-star reputation hereLa Frescobaldi has a near all-star reputation hereLa Frescobaldi has a near all-star reputation hereLa Frescobaldi has a near all-star reputation hereLa Frescobaldi has a near all-star reputation hereLa Frescobaldi has a near all-star reputation here

I'm loving how the entire league is being turned right on its head.

Warriors, Bucks, Knicks, Nets all looking strong shoot Thunder as a small market team also. And the big old teams lakers boston faded glory . Freaking CLIPPERS?????

This is best season in years!!!

Warriors look real good yes they do
La Frescobaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: