Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-19-2012, 12:57 AM   #1
maybeshewill13
**** u Thabo u ****

maybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Interesting picture of Wilt and Muhammad Ali

Ali: 6'3, 236lb
Wilt: 7'1, 275lb
maybeshewill13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:05 AM   #2
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Interesting picture of Wilt and Muhammad Ali

Those two mountain lions were just warm-up for THIS fight.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:21 AM   #3
plowking
well DENG

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Can't believe a fight was actually getting talked about between these two... lol...

Wilt would have got smacked up. Hence him bitching out when he walked in to sign the papers for the fight, and Ali intimidating the crap out of him by yelling "TIMBEEERRRRRR"... lol.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:04 AM   #4
SyRyanYang
Decent college freshman

SyRyanYang is starting to rub some people the wrong waySyRyanYang is starting to rub some people the wrong way

I love Wilt but Ali would've beat the sh1t out of him.
SyRyanYang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:51 AM   #5
sundizz
Local High School Star

sundizz has decent reputationsundizz has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyRyanYang

The legend of Wilt would of died with it.
sundizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:40 AM   #6
La Frescobaldi
I brick nerf balls

La Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyRyanYang

Jim Brown was in on that, he says in this clip right here that it was Ali's group that backed out of the fight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyrP3HqkpRw
La Frescobaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:12 AM   #7
-23-
Kareem's Corpse

-23- has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Frescobaldi
Jim Brown was in on that, he says in this clip right here that it was Ali's group that backed out of the fight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyrP3HqkpRw

Jim Brown is a loud-mouth POS. Ali would have torn Wilt's head off.
-23- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:15 AM   #8
maybeshewill13
**** u Thabo u ****

maybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected poster

Ali would have embarrassed the **** out of Wilt. Ali GOAT
maybeshewill13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:26 AM   #9
Sharmer
Alpha Centauri

Sharmer posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrySharmer posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Wilt was a behemoth of man.
Sharmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:32 AM   #10
La Frescobaldi
I brick nerf balls

La Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by -23-
Jim Brown is a loud-mouth POS. Ali would have torn Wilt's head off.

I have no idea about who would have won, he just says Ali backed out of the fight.
That would have been a no-win situation for Ali in my opinion. If he won, well duh. If he lost, he'd have looked the fool

Have you got some facts about Jim Brown's character?
Old 12-19-2012, 07:38 AM   #11
Rysio
Local High School Star

Rysio has a very bad reputationRysio has a very bad reputationRysio has a very bad reputationRysio has a very bad reputation

ali didnt have shit on that reach. he would be getting jabbed every time he try to step in.
Rysio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:40 AM   #12
plowking
well DENG

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Jim Brown doesn't know shit.

I guess that's why it was Wilt who actually declined to sign the contract, and even had BS reasons played out to the public. Apparently after all the taxes and what not, it wasn't enough of a pay day for him, and not worth his effort. He had his people go on public record and say that I believe.

Truth is, Wilt got scared.

Quote:
I have no idea about who would have won, he just says Ali backed out of the fight.
That would have been a no-win situation for Ali in my opinion. If he won, well duh. If he lost, he'd have looked the fool

Have you got some facts about Jim Brown's character?

You don't know who would have won? The greatest heavyweight of all time, or some guy who hadn't fought a pro fight? Ali would have mopped the floor with him inside 2 minutes. Even that may be generous.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:48 AM   #13
La Frescobaldi
I brick nerf balls

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
Jim Brown doesn't know shit.

I guess that's why it was Wilt who actually declined to sign the contract, and even had BS reasons played out to the public. Apparently after all the taxes and what not, it wasn't enough of a pay day for him, and not worth his effort. He had his people go on public record and say that I believe.

Truth is, Wilt got scared.

You don't know who would have won? The greatest heavyweight of all time, or some guy who hadn't fought a pro fight? Ali would have mopped the floor with him inside 2 minutes. Even that may be generous.

I hear you. Ali was fierce. One of the great athletes of history. I can't imagine anybody beating him in his best days let alone somebody that didn't box.

Another story is that Chamberlain asked his dad who was a huge boxing fan, if he should go through with the fight , and his dad said he should stop all that and go practice his free throws.

Once again though, that ain't ME saying it. There's not any fact that I know of, other than what Brown says, about how that went down.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:56 AM   #14
plowking
well DENG

Quote:

Once again though, that ain't ME saying it. There's not any fact that I know of, other than what Brown says, about how that went down.

There are newspaper articles I'm sure describing Wilt backing out and stating his reasons. Also there are recounts from the press conference backstage that said Wilt turned pale as soon as he heard Ali yell "TIMBER" and declined after talking to his people backstage.

Wilt wasn't stupid. He knew that something like this would kill his whole aura. He knew how to sell himself well. He was a great basketball player, maybe the best ever, and that's about where it ends as far as being the best ever at anything. He wasn't a boxer, nor would he ever come close to being the best. It was complete ignorance on his part to think he could step into a ring and take down the greatest heavyweight at the time, and all time now, after never having stepped in the ring. But then again, I don't think he ever actually thought he could, nor did he ever want to find out. Because it is what it is... he just knew how to market himself.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:02 AM   #15
Foster5k
College star

Foster5k has not been impressing people

Ali would of knocked the shit out of Wilt. Ali is a seasoned trained fighter fighting his entire life. One of the greatest if not the greatest fighters in human history. Wilt would of got KOed in one round easily if Ali was serious.

NBA player/Movie star versus one of the worlds greatest fighters in history... Okay

Anyhow, I looked at the clip. Jim Brown said Ali promoter or whatever backed out of the fight. He didn't say Ali would have lost. Probably waste of time for Ali knocking out Wilt in 2 mins or less.

Also in the clip, you posted, Jim Brown said no way hell would he step in the ring with Ali. He said he had that much sense. So yeah...

Last edited by Foster5k : 12-19-2012 at 08:08 AM.
Foster5k is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: