Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-13-2012, 01:00 AM   #46
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Clippers hit longest win streak since moving to LA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAST Griffin
I don't see what Billups could possibly do for the team. Don't need him unless anyone else is injured.

Like I said before it's not about what Billups does. It's about what Willie doesn't. We saw two games of Billups and the team hit double the 3's, had double the assist rate and played MUCH better D. It's just a matter of how bad Willie Green is and how bad Vinny is at realizing what is and isn't working in the way of rotations. Bledsoe should be starting at SG. Most analysts, scouts and even other teams are starting to realize Bledsoe is our third best overall player.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:00 AM   #47
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

ClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
Vinny has done "okay" for most of the season. Not worth bringing back IMO but also not fire worthy. Still every few games I'm yelling at the TV wondering WTF he's doing. His rotations are the biggest problem. He will rest Blake and CP3 a full quarter when they dominated early and the game is close for example. Or will play Bledsoe 5 minutes in which he has 8 points, 2 steals, 3 rebounds etc then bench him for two straight quarters even when CP3 isn't playing well. Weird shit like that.

Billups+Hill healthy and a good coach and no telling how much better this team could be right now.

Well if the Clips are playing this well so far in spite of their coach then thats a pretty scary thought for the rest of the WC. Imagine PJax coaching this team...
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:02 AM   #48
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchOver9000
Well if the Clips are playing this well so far in spite of their coach then thats a pretty scary thought for the rest of the WC. Imagine PJax coaching this team...

Too bad Sterling is horribly cheap with coaches/personnel. Won't surprise me if Vinny gets a minimum contract for 3 years this summer . Your Knicks look pretty damn scary themselves for the east. Blowing out the defending champs by 20+ twice in a season? .

I said it a few weeks ago but a Clippers vs Knicks finals would be sick.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:04 AM   #49
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

I'd really like to see VDN use this opportunity to plug Bledsoe into the lineup. He's probably not 6'0 tall but you know who cares? See what he can do.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:08 AM   #50
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
I'd really like to see VDN use this opportunity to plug Bledsoe into the lineup. He's probably not 6'0 tall but you know who cares? See what he can do.

He's 6'0 or 6'1 barely but the 6'8 wingspan, Kobe equaling standing reach and the athleticism/strength combo make it to where he can easily play SG. Kobe, Joe Johnson and other great post up guards will give him problems but he had no problem locking up Manu and Mayo for example in the playoffs when he was on them.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:09 AM   #51
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

ClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Too bad Sterling is horribly cheap with coaches/personnel. Won't surprise me if Vinny gets a minimum contract for 3 years this summer . Your Knicks look pretty damn scary themselves for the east. Blowing out the defending champs by 20+ twice in a season? .

I said it a few weeks ago but a Clippers vs Knicks finals would be sick.

lol...being a Knicks fan, my enthusiasm is always tempered but yea so far, we're looking good.

Still missing a couple of our biggest pieces (one of them is a big "?" as to how he'll fit in but I think he will) that should make this Knicks team that much more dangerous...
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:11 AM   #52
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchOver9000
lol...being a Knicks fan, my enthusiasm is always tempered but yea so far, we're looking good.

Still missing a couple of our biggest pieces (one of them is a big "?" as to how he'll fit in but I think he will) that should make this Knicks team that much more dangerous...

Trust me... it's different for you guys this time. I saw it last year for the Clips, seeing it this year for your Knicks. Even if you don't remain quite this dominant... Knicks are no doubt at least a contender going forward and give the Heat matchup issues which is good considering you have a good shot of getting there.

Biggest issue is what to do with 100 million dollar man Amare. I hope Knicks are shopping him.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:12 AM   #53
BEAST Griffin
SAY NO TO RENT SEEKING

BEAST Griffin is considered somewhat coolBEAST Griffin is considered somewhat coolBEAST Griffin is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Like I said before it's not about what Billups does. It's about what Willie doesn't. We saw two games of Billups and the team hit double the 3's, had double the assist rate and played MUCH better D. It's just a matter of how bad Willie Green is and how bad Vinny is at realizing what is and isn't working in the way of rotations. Bledsoe should be starting at SG. Most analysts, scouts and even other teams are starting to realize Bledsoe is our third best overall player.

My concern is that he'll be yet another perimeter option looking to get his. The game needs to go more to and through the inside because that's when the Clippers will start reaching their potential.
BEAST Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 01:15 AM   #54
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAST Griffin
My concern is that he'll be yet another perimeter option looking to get his. The game needs to go more to and through the inside because that's when the Clippers will start reaching their potential.

I was worried of that when we signed him... but last year he proved he was totally willing to defer and play the role of spot up shooter and creator. He occasionally forces it but not too bad. Just think about all the times Willie Green fumbles a pass into a turnover, gets blown by on defense, dribbles the ball off his foot, bricks wide open shot after shot etc and you'll feel better about Billups.

If Green isn't hitting 3's he's literally useless (similar to Foye last year but worse) but Billups even in a bad game always has some sort of good impact. Maybe playing good D, maybe calming the guys down and hitting a big shot.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: