Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-12-2012, 10:14 PM   #16
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Clippers hit longest win streak since moving to LA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmuston Beltics
what should they change and why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
I agree winning by an average of 14 points during this streak is a bad way to win . Last two games have been close but they had a few 20+ and even a 30+ point blowout during this streak. They aren't winning with the 3 ball or something unsustainable. They are winning in the way they SHOULD be winning which is defense leading to fastbreaks and tons of points in the paint.

I can't imagine how good they will be with Hill, Billups and even Thompkins our young stretch 4 all healthy.

It's sustainable but I still think they have a lot of room to improve, regardless of their record. They're not deadly yet. Griffin has been better tho. I still wanna see more from Chris Paul...and less from Caron Butler.

I just wanna see Paul pick up the pace. They don't have to be a running team but pick it up.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:19 PM   #17
chazzy
3-time NBA All-Star

chazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I can't imagine how good they will be with Hill, Billups and even Thompkins our young stretch 4 all healthy.
I don't see where Hill fits. He'd be their 3rd best SF unless you go small ball with the 2nd unit and play Odom at center.
chazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:19 PM   #18
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
It's sustainable but I still think they have a lot of room to improve, regardless of their record. They're not deadly yet. Griffin has been better tho. I still wanna see more from Chris Paul...and less from Caron Butler.

I just wanna see Paul pick up the pace. They don't have to be a running team but pick it up.

Going 7-2 vs contenders isn't deadly? Clippers are VERY deadly. The fact that they have a lot of room to grow and are a top 5 team easily and are still quite a bit shorthanded is a huge COMPLIMENT not a criticism IMO.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:21 PM   #19
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzy
I don't see where Hill fits. He'd be their 3rd best SF unless you go small ball with the 2nd unit and play Odom at center.

Hill guards Kobe every time they play as well as Blake Griffin and did very respectable on both. He will play SG, SF and PF and will fit in great, especially against smaller teams.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:24 PM   #20
SpecialQue
NBA Superstar

SpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

CF86's reaction when he discovered this:

SpecialQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:25 PM   #21
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialQue
CF86's reaction when he discovered this:

. I'm pretty bumped after years of trash talk from other fans and for myself getting to watch a legit title contender for the first time ever. Like I said I'm more stoked knowing the team is nowhere near 100 percent yet.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:26 PM   #22
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by chazzy
I don't see where Hill fits. He'd be their 3rd best SF

He's the best SF on their roster.

Quote:
Going 7-2 vs contenders isn't deadly? Clippers are VERY deadly. The fact that they have a lot of room to grow and are a top 5 team easily and are still quite a bit shorthanded is a huge COMPLIMENT not a criticism IMO.

I just think they can be better. They jumped out at me early in the season, before the slide. They're on a streak now but I liked the way they looked earlier on. That's just how it's looked to me.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:28 PM   #23
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
He's the best SF on their roster.

I just think they can be better. They jumped out at me early in the season, before the slide. They're on a streak now but I liked the way they looked earlier on. That's just how it's looked to me.

Weird because to me this team is way better than the 6 game win streak Clippers early in season. Those Clippers were the bench scoring 50 every night and carrying Griffin and CP3 who were both playing like trash. Those Clippers had no resiliency and lacked the ability to close games.

This time the team is getting punched and delivering a knockout punch in return. The bench still carries us at times but not nearly as much and Blake and CP3 have stepped up a lot.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:36 PM   #24
SpecialQue
NBA Superstar

SpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
. I'm pretty bumped after years of trash talk from other fans and for myself getting to watch a legit title contender for the first time ever. Like I said I'm more stoked knowing the team is nowhere near 100 percent yet.

A few games back the Clippers were blowing out some random-ass team, and Ralph mentioned how after so many years of being on the opposite end of a score like that, it felt good to see the team win. From all the games I've watched I think that was the first time Ralph openly admitted how much it sucked seeing the Clippers lose time and time again. I don't think that many other fans here, aside from Warriors fans, understand just how special this team is for their fanbase.

I'll still talk shit when they play the Lakers, though.
SpecialQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:39 PM   #25
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialQue
A few games back the Clippers were blowing out some random-ass team, and Ralph mentioned how after so many years of being on the opposite end of a score like that, it felt good to see the team win. From all the games I've watched I think that was the first time Ralph openly admitted how much it sucked seeing the Clippers lose time and time again. I don't think that many other fans here, aside from Warriors fans, understand just how special this team is for their fanbase.

I'll still talk shit when they play the Lakers, though.

I agree. I'm actually really happy for Warriors fans right now. They have shared a similar pain the last 15+ years. I think it's always great when lottery teams to contenders happen, especially for fan bases who were dirt before. Warriors obviously have a solid history in previous decades but still they are long suffering.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:46 PM   #26
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
pretenders and 1st round exit Clippers win 8 in a row for the first time since moving to LA. Average win margin of 14 points during this streak and the only team in the NBA that ranks top 7 in offense and defense. Is this team better than you expected? Do you still feel they are 1st round fodder and didn't improve significantly this year?

All this damage without Hill and Billups, both key vets and players.
Pretty sure OKC was first in offensive efficiency and eighth or ninth in defensive efficiency coming into tonight. The offensive efficiency will take a hit but the defensive efficiency may go up. So yes, if you want to make the cut-off top seven both, the Clippers are one of two teams that are top seven. But 1st and 8th or 9th is just as good isn't it?

But this is exactly what the Clippers needed after that four game losing streak. They're looking as impressive now as they did to start the season.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:48 PM   #27
kuniva_dAMiGhTy
The First School

kuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation herekuniva_dAMiGhTy has an incredible reputation here

inb4 Grizzlies fans
kuniva_dAMiGhTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:48 PM   #28
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
Pretty sure OKC was first in offensive efficiency and eighth or ninth in defensive efficiency coming into tonight. The offensive efficiency will take a hit but the defensive efficiency may go up. So yes, if you want to make the cut-off top seven both, the Clippers are one of two teams that are top seven. But 1st and 8th or 9th is just as good isn't it?

But this is exactly what the Clippers needed after that four game losing streak. They're looking as impressive now as they did to start the season.

It wasn't an insult to anybody. Thunder are elite and a contender too . If we extend it out to top 10 in both only 4 teams I believe. Spurs, Okc, Memphis and Clippers. Either way they are very good on both ends. Which is odd because so many people said the Clippers were a shit defensive team and had a low defensive upside... yet when they lock on there isn't a better defense in the NBA IMO.

Not bad with Green (atrocious defender) starting and Hill (most versatile defender on team, maybe even best) being out.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:54 PM   #29
outbreak
Custom User Title

outbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation here

Well done to them. Please stop saying Billups is a key player though, he will perform the same role injured on the bench as he will healthy. Dude is done.
outbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:58 PM   #30
Clippersfan86
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbreak
Well done to them. Please stop saying Billups is a key player though, he will perform the same role injured on the bench as he will healthy. Dude is done.

Billups will need time for conditioning. It's not about how good he is though but rather about how bad Green is. Billups came back two games last week and his shot wasn't there but the impact was MASSIVE. The Clippers went from near dead last to near league best in assists, hit twice the 3 pointers and got better defensively. It all had to do with removing Green from the starting 5.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: