Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-12-2012, 09:03 PM   #16
outbreak
Custom User Title

outbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Dwight essentially states he will resign with LA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colbertnation64
"He laughs, and when I suggest that some opine that if this season falls apart it will persuade him to leave, he says that's not the case.
He says the Lakers are all about championships, and "what's not to like about L.A.?""

how does that suggest anything other than LA?

Did you follow the NBA last year? Did you miss all the comments he made about Orlando? The team photos of them partying and him talking about loyalty when he opted in for another year? My point still stands, Dwights a diva if he knew for sure 100% he was re signing he'd sign the contract now or he'd be carrying on in press conferences about it get as much attention and love from lakers fans as possible.
outbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:26 PM   #17
Fiasco
latsis4everô

Fiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation hereFiasco has an incredible reputation here

Right town, wrong team. ;)
Fiasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:28 PM   #18
Zodiac
Local High School Star

Zodiac is considered somewhat coolZodiac is considered somewhat coolZodiac is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiasco
Right town, wrong team. ;)
Hawks are moving to LA
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:31 PM   #19
Spaulding
It's Okay

Spaulding is a pretty well-respected posterSpaulding is a pretty well-respected posterSpaulding is a pretty well-respected posterSpaulding is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh the horror
I support BK in that I was born in Crown Heights, but my god....why oh why did they take on Joe Johnson's contract? That will cripple this team for awhile.

They were desperate to sign a star since lakers negotiations didn't work out. Williams needed a reason to stay.
Spaulding is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:45 PM   #20
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbreak
Saying "I know" does not mean the lakers. If he knew for sure it was the lakers he would come out and say the lakers and get fans more on his side. Dwight saying "I know" with no details seems like he's just buying time and still thinking or considering another location that he originally wanted when he was leaving orlando. This is dwight your dealing with. He can flat out state things in interviews (which he didn't even do here) and then say the complete opposite in a week. Nothing that comes out of his mouth should be taken as what he will actually do. Personally I think he stays in LA but don't read too far into anything he says until he actually signs

He cannot say it even if it was the Lakers because it is against the nba rules. He already is under a previous contract, and he wants to become a free-agent. He can't say RIGHT NOW who he is going to sign with AFTER he becomes a free-agent, even if he will stay with the Lakers.

Remember, he wants to sign for more money and more years with a brand new deal. He does not want a contract extension for less money and less years. Due to that, he has to make it seem as if he is keeping his options open.

Otherwise, the NBA can say he is not allowed to re-sign with the Lakers as a free-agent (if other owners complain). I'm sure his agent made that clear to Howard. Howard is not an idiot.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:47 PM   #21
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaulding
They were desperate to sign a star since lakers negotiations didn't work out. Williams needed a reason to stay.
exactly.

and the fact is, IMO as a nets fan, the nets are not built to win a championship. they had the opportunity a couple years and decided that they wanted to make a big splash coming in to brooklyn. that's when they first went after melo so hard. now most of the one-time surplus of #1 picks have been spent as well as the big surplus of cap room they had (most in the NBA not too long ago).

whatever. i just try to make the most of it and enjoy watching a good team in a great new facility. no fan is ever completely satisfied with that, but it is what it is.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:49 PM   #22
outbreak
Custom User Title

outbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
He cannot say it even if it was the Lakers because it is against the nba rules. He already is under a previous contract, and he wants to become a free-agent. He can't say RIGHT NOW who he is going to sign with AFTER he becomes a free-agent, even if he will stay with the Lakers.

Remember, he wants to sign for more money and more years with a brand new deal. He does not want a contract extension for less money and less years. Due to that, he has to make it seem as if he is keeping his options open.

Otherwise, the NBA can say he is not allowed to re-sign with the Lakers as a free-agent (if other owners complain). I'm sure his agent made that clear to Howard. Howard is not an idiot.

Don't think that's how it works. Players constantly say that they plan on resigning with the team. All the time. Non stop. Never get in any trouble. It's only against the rules if they play for one them then say they plan on signing with another. Then there's possible collusion and inappropriate contact questions.
outbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:54 PM   #23
ispin69
Banned

ispin69 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryispin69 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryispin69 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Same guy said he didn't want to play for the Lakers and re-signed with the Magic for another year just to avoid the trade.
ispin69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:50 PM   #24
Brick Rick
Banned

Brick Rick has an OK reputation so far

If it was any other city, I could see him bolting after a bad season, but come on bros, this is LA, great weather, hot chicks, the place to be if you're an attention whore and a history of championships. Dwight Howard is 100% resigning, winning or not.
Brick Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:57 PM   #25
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Bobcats
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:03 PM   #26
I<3NBA
College superstar

I<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryI<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

if Nash and Dwight don't work out, Dwight will look for other PGs to play with. Rockets would be perfect for him, I'd say.
I<3NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:08 PM   #27
PJR
College superstar

PJR has a terrific reputationPJR has a terrific reputationPJR has a terrific reputationPJR has a terrific reputationPJR has a terrific reputation

PJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:33 PM   #28
Ol Dirty Bastard
Local High School Star

Ol Dirty Bastard has not been impressing people

He really doesn't seem to like LA - I've never gotten that impression.

More like he just needed to get away from Orlando and thought Lakers would be an easy chance to a ring.

I could see him leaving lakers
Ol Dirty Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:48 PM   #29
bmulls
Great college starter

bmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation here

He's not gonna give up $20 million, he stays in LA guaranteed
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:58 PM   #30
KOBE143
In GawdBe We Trust

KOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9erempiree
Can't really trust that fool or at least I don't.
Me too.. We should trade his ass + nash for Noah and DRose.. Bulls management are stupid so I think they will accept this trade in a heartbeat..
KOBE143 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: