Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-12-2012, 08:44 PM   #1
Colbertnation64
I hit open 5-footers

Colbertnation64 has no real reputation yet.
Default Dwight essentially states he will resign with LA

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basket...5,print.column

Howard will be a free agent at the end of this season. I ask him if he knows now where he will be playing next year, and he says, "I know."
I suggest that means the Lakers because he could not know of any other opportunity at this time. But I still make a pitch for the Clippers, figuring he might want to play for the best team in town.
He laughs, and when I suggest that some opine that if this season falls apart it will persuade him to leave, he says that's not the case.
He says the Lakers are all about championships, and "what's not to like about L.A.?"
Colbertnation64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:47 PM   #2
oh the horror
7-time NBA All-Star

oh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Dwight essentially states he will resign with LA

He says that now, but you never know with this man.

However, I believe he'll stay in LA. I think he knows, while this season thus far is a disaster, that LA IS committed to landing the players needed to win big.

Say what you want about the Lakers, but you dont win as many titles as they have by accident. They make the moves they have to in order to stay on top.
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:48 PM   #3
outbreak
Custom User Title

outbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation here

Saying "I know" does not mean the lakers. If he knew for sure it was the lakers he would come out and say the lakers and get fans more on his side. Dwight saying "I know" with no details seems like he's just buying time and still thinking or considering another location that he originally wanted when he was leaving orlando. This is dwight your dealing with. He can flat out state things in interviews (which he didn't even do here) and then say the complete opposite in a week. Nothing that comes out of his mouth should be taken as what he will actually do. Personally I think he stays in LA but don't read too far into anything he says until he actually signs
outbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:49 PM   #4
Phenith
NBA Junkie!

Phenith has decent reputationPhenith has decent reputation

The guy craves attention, if he didn't have to play basketball to get the coverage he does he probably wouldn't. Now that he's lived LA life I can't see him wanting to relocate.
Phenith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:51 PM   #5
Spaulding
It's Okay

Spaulding is popular on this boardSpaulding is popular on this boardSpaulding is popular on this boardSpaulding is popular on this board

Brooklyn
Spaulding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:52 PM   #6
oh the horror
7-time NBA All-Star

oh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaulding
Brooklyn

How would they swing that now? BK tied their own shoes with some seriously unfortunate contracts....unless someone else can shed some light on that?
Old 12-12-2012, 08:55 PM   #7
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

yeah like Orlando didnt get the same 'i know'
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:56 PM   #8
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA

9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Can't really trust that fool or at least I don't.
9erempiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:57 PM   #9
Mr. Incredible
Good college starter

Mr. Incredible has an OK reputation so far

The Diva can't be trusted.
Mr. Incredible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:57 PM   #10
oh the horror
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9erempiree
Can't really trust that fool or at least I don't.

No one does. Dude is a grade A flake.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:00 PM   #11
Colbertnation64
I hit open 5-footers

Colbertnation64 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbreak
Saying "I know" does not mean the lakers. If he knew for sure it was the lakers he would come out and say the lakers and get fans more on his side. Dwight saying "I know" with no details seems like he's just buying time and still thinking or considering another location that he originally wanted when he was leaving orlando. This is dwight your dealing with. He can flat out state things in interviews (which he didn't even do here) and then say the complete opposite in a week. Nothing that comes out of his mouth should be taken as what he will actually do. Personally I think he stays in LA but don't read too far into anything he says until he actually signs
"He laughs, and when I suggest that some opine that if this season falls apart it will persuade him to leave, he says that's not the case.
He says the Lakers are all about championships, and "what's not to like about L.A.?""

how does that suggest anything other than LA?
Colbertnation64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:00 PM   #12
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh the horror
How would they swing that now? BK tied their own shoes with some seriously unfortunate contracts....unless someone else can shed some light on that?
AFAIK only way to do it is via trade. getting rid of joe johnson's contract would be super-nice, but probably a deep fantasy.

no way we can sign him as a FA unless something like a bunch of dampier DUST chips appear from out of nowhere....
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:01 PM   #13
outbreak
Custom User Title

outbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation here

On another note I would love to have the NBA institute IQ tests during the draft. The NFL has something similar doesn't it? I'd love to see some players IQ's
outbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:02 PM   #14
Zodiac
Local High School Star

Zodiac is considered somewhat coolZodiac is considered somewhat coolZodiac is considered somewhat cool

He knows he'll be wearing that throwback Red and Yellow next year.
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:03 PM   #15
oh the horror
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
AFAIK only way to do it is via trade. getting rid of joe johnson's contract would be super-nice, but probably a deep fantasy.

no way we can sign him as a FA unless something like a bunch of dampier DUST chips appear from out of nowhere....

I support BK in that I was born in Crown Heights, but my god....why oh why did they take on Joe Johnson's contract? That will cripple this team for awhile.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: