Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-19-2012, 01:19 AM   #1
maybeshewill13
How I feel in ur head

Default Think you can beat the White Mamba?

http://blogs.thescore.com/tbj/2012/1...at-one-on-one/

Quote:
My dad sent me a very important text message today. He paid the international rates and everything, so you know it’s something I really needed to know. The topic? Brian Scalabrine challenging all of Boston to a one-on-one game, duh. That’s why he’s my dad.

Here are the details, as explained by Scal on ESPN’s “Waddle and Silvy Show” in Chicago (37:30 mark):

In Boston right now, we have this challenge going out. I do a radio show out there, and there are people on the street that really believe they can beat me. So we’re doing tryouts for the top 10 people in Boston to play me one-on-one.

And we’re playing to 11. And we’re gonna film it, everything. The reality of people and what they think NBA players are like. I’m the last guy on the bench and I will kick your butt if you’re out on the streets. It’s just the way it is.

Two things about this:

Brian Scalabrine is right. He will destroy any normal basketball player who thinks they can step to him. He is a 6-foot-8 34-year-old who shot 34 percent from three during an 11-year career and has been out of the league for less than a year. He was good enough during this calendar year to make enough cool plays in an NBA game that necessitated an entire YouTube highlight reel. In the realm of NBA players, he might suck. But in the realm of humans playing basketball, he is still really good.
I really want to see an entire video clip of Brian Scalabrine beating random people at one-on-one. That’s exactly what he needs to secure his place in the internet Hall of Fame.

Other than that, do what you wish with this information. Move to Boston to try to take him down, text your father and tell him you love him or just fire up some old Scalabrine highlights — I don’t care. I just wanted you to know Brian Scalabrine is challenging people in Boston to one-on-one games. My work here is done.
maybeshewill13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:39 AM   #2
kNicKz
College superstar

Default Re: Think you can beat the White Mamba?

dude really has to explain himself to people? smh, this is embarrassing. He shouldn't have to prove that he is good to disrespectful little shits who laugh at his memes. 11 NBA seasons and a championship ring showed that he is a world class player
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:48 AM   #3
kNicKz
College superstar

Someone negged me

"negged, any D1-level player can destroy Scal"

this is exactly what I'm talking about

Ever wonder why dudes like Adam Morrison made it rain in the summer league? If you're on an NBA roster, you are one in a million and a world class athlete
Old 12-19-2012, 01:49 AM   #4
maybeshewill13
How I feel in ur head

Going to be funny to see him wipe the floor with some wise-ass punks
maybeshewill13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:51 AM   #5
ILLsmak
Life goes on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kNicKz
Someone negged me

"negged, any D1-level player can destroy Scal"

this is exactly what I'm talking about

Ever wonder why dudes like Adam Morrison made it rain in the summer league? If you're on an NBA roster, you are one in a million and a world class athlete

I think there are people that could beat him, obviously.

A guy who was his size with a bit of athleticism and strength would make it really hard for him. That's who I think would beast him... someone about his size or larger. I think he'd shit on 6'2 players cuz he is a pretty big guy. As long as they couldn't rip him, he'd definitely bang them.

-Smak
ILLsmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:56 AM   #6
White Mamba
@kobemania

Hmmm, no one can beat me
White Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:00 AM   #7
kNicKz
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLsmak
I think there are people that could beat him, obviously.

A guy who was his size with a bit of athleticism and strength would make it really hard for him. That's who I think would beast him... someone about his size or larger. I think he'd shit on 6'2 players cuz he is a pretty big guy. As long as they couldn't rip him, he'd definitely bang them.

-Smak

Maybe a D league prospect or someone with experience in europe or something. But a playground baller will not beat this dude. 11 years of NBA conditioning...****outahere, dude can probably hit 3s with his eyes closed in a park
Old 12-19-2012, 02:03 AM   #8
ILLsmak
Life goes on.

Quote:
Maybe a D league prospect or someone with experience in europe or something. But a playground baller will not beat this dude. 11 years of NBA conditioning...****outahere, dude can probably hit 3s with his eyes closed in a park

I dunno. Gimme the guy who is just a monster on the block and can move his feet enough to contest his jumpers. People always talking about skill in 1v1, but if you really wanna win, 1v1 is about who gets the most easy shots, and someone who could bang would probably win, provided he wasn't a total scrub.

-Smak
Old 12-19-2012, 02:08 AM   #9
kNicKz
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLsmak
I dunno. Gimme the guy who is just a monster on the block and can move his feet enough to contest his jumpers. People always talking about skill in 1v1, but if you really wanna win, 1v1 is about who gets the most easy shots, and someone who could bang would probably win, provided he wasn't a total scrub.

-Smak

Dude is 6'8" tho with range
Old 12-19-2012, 02:17 AM   #10
ILLsmak
Life goes on.

Quote:
Dude is 6'8" tho with range

yaikno.

This is how I see, it, though. It'll be him vs a "more skilled" guy who is smaller, though. Like a 6'3 dude and he will beat him because of his use of physicality combined with understanding what to give and what to take away.

You won't see him playing some 6'11 bball prospect looking dude because that guy might actually beat him. Of course, anyone might beat him... it's hard to say what will happen in one game.

Scal is a physical player who understands how to use his body. That's why he's in the NBA, not his range, in my opinion. I mean, I'd say he's extremely strong... my point was that if they found someone who was stronger/more physical... and had some bball ability, he would give him a tough time.

-Smak
Old 12-19-2012, 02:24 AM   #11
kNicKz
College superstar

You're right, but dudes that are stronger and bigger than him with a professional skill set are probably in the league and won't be in this challenge
Old 12-19-2012, 02:28 AM   #12
Clippersfan86
Banned

Pimp juiiiice
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:29 AM   #13
Simple Jack
Schrempf Scampi

Scal is an NBA player because he was BEASTING at most levels of competition his whole life; not just "im pretty good at the gym" type of beasting.

Dude was dropping 18 points in college on 50+% FG and 40% three.

People don't understand just how good NBA players are. You are literally the best of the best at multiple levels of competition.
Simple Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:35 AM   #14
kNicKz
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Jack
Scal is an NBA player because he was BEASTING at most levels of competition his whole life; not just "im pretty good at the gym" type of beasting.

Dude was dropping 18 points in college on 50+% FG and 40% three.

People don't understand just how good NBA players are. You are literally the best of the best at multiple levels of competition.

That's what I'm sayin. If Luke Walton went to your gym right now he would score 40+ points on your best guys to warm up
Old 12-19-2012, 02:43 AM   #15
Simple Jack
Schrempf Scampi

Quote:
That's what I'm sayin. If Luke Walton went to your gym right now he would score 40+ points on your best guys to warm up

Easily. Any D1 person would make the gym look like a complete joke. I knew someone who couldn't even get into D2 who was routinely embarrassing people at the gym. A D1 player? An NBA player who actually got some run sometimes? Shieeeet.
Simple Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: