Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-13-2012, 08:51 AM   #1
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation here
Default Robert "Pacman" Pack appreciation thread

Remember that guy?

For that size (6'1"-6'2") was one of the best ingame dunkers ive ever seen...

Dunk highlights:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFT1rGfCT5E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyNKYB_CZUE

1994 Dunk contest: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpGcjaG4MUU

He was a great player aswell, he had potential (averaged up to 18 ppg and 10 apg), but was injury prone like hell... shame...

Last edited by pauk : 12-13-2012 at 08:58 AM.
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:56 AM   #2
hon hon hon eat snails

9512 has decent reputation9512 has decent reputation
Default Re: Robert "Pacman" Pack appreciation thread

I remember that guy.

Pack was an instrumental piece of the Nuggets that upset the SOnics in 94. Nuggs were 8th seed and Sonics #1.

I once sent him via snail mail 2 autograph requests (separately). He replied to both but the sigs looked slightly different. Either he signed one or none (and has some1 do it for him). BUt it was nice whoever signed sent back to me.

His dunks were spectacular indeed.
9512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:58 AM   #3
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9512
I once sent him via snail mail 2 autograph requests (separately). He replied to both but the sigs looked slightly different. Either he signed one or none (and has some1 do it for him). BUt it was nice whoever signed sent back to me.

Should have asked for one, you never would have known!
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:12 AM   #4
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9512
I remember that guy.

Pack was an instrumental piece of the Nuggets that upset the SOnics in 94. Nuggs were 8th seed and Sonics #1.

His dunks were spectacular indeed.

Ah yes, the 94 playoffs He was the leading scorer in that Game 5 OT win which ended Sonics playoff run... man what a game that was, it was an excellent comeback by Sonics tho in the 4th, then K Gill made that gametying shot to send to OT

Last edited by pauk : 12-13-2012 at 09:25 AM.
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:21 AM   #5
CeltsGarlic
Real quick

CeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Great KO, to estonian fella

Played in my city , Kaunas. Was a great scorer, and while I didnt liked him that much, he he was popular between my friends. Not the best jumpshot, but great driver, even @ old days.

Dunk against our rivals

Last edited by CeltsGarlic : 12-13-2012 at 09:23 AM.
CeltsGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:38 AM   #6
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm a big fan of Robert Pack's dunks. He's actually a large influence to my own dunking. I mean, I'm not dunking like he did, but the manner with which he approached the basket on an impending jam is something I try to replicate in my own attacks.

I always seem to picture his dunk over Thurl Bailey. When he was getting ready to explode, his dribble seemed to go lower than normal and his body would become compact, thus allowing him to explode at a moment's notice. It's good for me to picture this because sometimes I catch myself playing and attacking too straight up. When I think of Pack, I have a lot more luck dunking in traffic.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:54 PM   #7
Sharmer
Alpha Centauri

Sharmer posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrySharmer posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

I often contemplate that players like "Pacman" could of done more in other sports, in basketball unfortunately these type of super athletic 6'2 guards are often forgotten. Iverson ( conceding smaller) will be one of the exceptions.

Last edited by Sharmer : 12-19-2012 at 07:00 PM.
Sharmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:57 PM   #8
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Appreciated.

I think he's an assistant coach for the Clippers right now.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: