Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-12-2012, 06:39 PM   #1
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

Default It's really crazy to think about how long Jason Kidd, Kobe, Garnett...

have been playing in the league. Jason Kidd was drafted in 1994. I was 10 years old back then. 10!! I have an 18 year old cousin who was born in October of '94. He wasn't even born when Jason Kidd was drafted and now my cousin is a senior in high school and going to start college next fall and Jason Kidd is still playing in the NBA. I mean Bill Clinton was still only in his first term as president when Kidd was drafted. Back then no one had even heard of DVDs. Barely anyone knew what the internet was or had it. And Kobe was drafted in '96. I was 12 years old! And not only is he still playing but it's pretty amazing that he's playing at such a high level.

Holy sh*t.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:24 PM   #2
Brick Rick
Banned

Default Re: It's really crazy to think about how long Jason Kidd, Kobe, Garnett...

I didn't even hair on my balls when Kidd was drafted. I was still 3 years away from jerking off for the first time. Now I'm a grown ass man with a family, mortgage and thousands of hours of masterbasion experience under my belt.
Brick Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:27 PM   #3
kNicKz
word

Default Re: It's really crazy to think about how long Jason Kidd, Kobe, Garnett...

I wish AI still played
kNicKz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:27 PM   #4
Brick Rick
Banned

Now that 40 year olds are becoming common in the NBA (mind you it wasn't completely non-existent back in the day, see Kareem and Robert Parish) I wonder how long before 45 becomes the norm, then 50.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:29 PM   #5
oh the horror
5-time NBA All-Star

In this regard, people seriously underrate these fellas. Not only are they still playing...but they are contributing in big ways for their teams.

Hell, these guys have been around the league for half of my life, and im 31. Its going to be a strange experience watching them retire finally...when the last of the last of those 90s guys are gone.
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:31 PM   #6
fpliii
LA Lakers Est. 1960

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick Rick
Now that 40 year olds are becoming common in the NBA (mind you it wasn't completely non-existent back in the day, see Kareem and Robert Parish) I wonder how long before 45 becomes the norm, then 50.

players over 40 in league history

current players who are at least 35

think any of them will pull it off?
fpliii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:35 PM   #7
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by kNicKz
I wish AI still played

me too

but 6er fans always knew he wouldnt be around forever. took too many hits, crashed to the floor to much and he never became the pure playmaker he could have been.. If he could have transitioned into being a good point guard who didnt turn the ball over 10 times in a game, he would still be in the league

AI was the man tho...
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:37 PM   #8
oh the horror
5-time NBA All-Star

What irks me is the way people sleep on AI. Which GENERALLY are the younger dudes that were kids when Iverson was ripping shit up back in the day. For his size, ive NEVER seen a guy that was unstoppable like that.
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:43 PM   #9
Soundwave
Great college starter

When Jason Kidd was drafted as a kid these were your entertainment options:

or

If you needed to call your parents from away from the house, you had to use one of these:

Good times. A cell phone was something the size of a brick that you'd occasionally see a businessman holding.

I remember watching Kidd and KG get drafted (Kobe too).

Last edited by Soundwave : 12-12-2012 at 08:45 PM.
Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:43 PM   #10
jongib369
National High School Star

Kevin Willis

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...willike02.html
jongib369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:49 PM   #11
Brick Rick
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpliii

Nat Hickey Age: 46
1947-1948

dis nikka. dis nikka is a bad motherphucker.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:40 PM   #12
jbryan1984
Decent college freshman

I kinda felt like this with Shaq. I was 7 when he was drafted. Grew up watching him, thought he would never retire. But yeah, Kidd, Hill, Kobe, Nash, JO, Duncan, Garnett, Kurt Thomas. They are soldiers. Juwan Howard needs to be on the list too as he just retired this year.
jbryan1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:52 PM   #13
RazorBaLade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick Rick
I didn't even hair on my balls when Kidd was drafted. I was still 3 years away from jerking off for the first time. Now I'm a grown ass man with a family, mortgage and thousands of hours of masterbasion experience under my belt.

RazorBaLade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:21 PM   #14
Micku
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave
When Jason Kidd was drafted as a kid these were your entertainment options:

or

Good times.
Micku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:25 PM   #15
kentatm
NBA Legend

better living through chemistry
kentatm is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: