Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-12-2012, 06:01 PM   #1
TheMarkMadsen
Know what im sayin?

TheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation hereTheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation hereTheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation hereTheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation hereTheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation hereTheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation here
Default Does Blake Griffin have GOAT potential?

In your opinion does Blake Griffin have the potential to become a top 5 GOAT power forward?

I came across this statement in another thread with CF86, who claimed Griffin has top 5 GOAT potential, i had never heard this claim before and seeing as CF86 follows the Clip show as much as he does maybe there is some merit to that statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86

Blake is already a top 5 PF and has the potential to be a top 5 PF EVER. Sure the combined 3 players you're proposing may give a bit more now but if Blake becomes next in line to the Barkley's and Malone's which it's looking like...

just wondering if this is a popular thought or if it's a stretch in most people's opinions,

For me, i think Griffin does have amazing potential, but do I think he can become better or as good as Tim Dunca, KG, Barkley, Malone, or even Mchale/Dirk that, that i'm not sure.

IMO we haven't seen enough of Griffin as "da man" on a team to declare that he has the potential to become as good as some of the players mentioned before. Also, defensively, i just can't see him ever surpassing guys like TD or KG, however he is still young so i shouldnt rule that out entirely.

Maybe i'm wrong though.

So what you ya'll think? If you don't think Griffin has the potential to be a top 5 GOAT power forward, please explain why the best that you can, same goes for if you do think he has that potential.

CF86 i'd love to hear your opinion on this since it was your statement that inspired this thread & i never really got around to asking you why you thought that was so

Last edited by TheMarkMadsen : 12-12-2012 at 06:04 PM.
TheMarkMadsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:03 PM   #2
Dictator
Insidehoops Mafia

Dictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this boardDictator is popular on this board
Default Re: Does Blake Griffin have GOAT potential?

Yes.
Dictator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:04 PM   #3
mattvNJ
Local High School Star

mattvNJ has decent reputationmattvNJ has decent reputation

to be great yes, top 5 pf i dont believe hell make that jump. A ton of players have this type of potentials yet never achieve it. Some people just hit a ceiling. Also i hate BG. But hes stepped it up this year. His shot looks A TON nicer, yet i dont see rediculous improvements on the defensive end like stated. Improved yes, vastly no. (and yes i have watched clipper games quite a few this year and last so CF dont try and say otherwise lol)
mattvNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:05 PM   #4
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

no sorry. he is just a very rich man's version of kevin willis. the original t-rex
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:08 PM   #5
Heavincent
7-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this boardHeavincent is popular on this board

Hell no.
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:17 PM   #6
B-hoop
High School JV MVP

B-hoop has decent reputationB-hoop has decent reputation

He is so young i think its premature to make this kind of conclusion. He has improved a lot though, i think most people don't see how he has improved because they only look at stats and dont know how playing in a stacked team has limited his stats and minutes though he still is a 20/10 guy.

I think the main question is if he will improved his defense to a higher level. That's the only way i can see the Clippers winning a championship with this team. He has shown some glimpses the last few games, but there is still a lot of room for improvement
B-hoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:17 PM   #7
Legends66NBA7
Face Of Death

Legends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Let's see, discussing just from ISH voting:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...97&postcount=3

PF
1. Tim Duncan - #9
2. Kevin Garnett - #16
3. Karl Malone - #17
4. Charles Barkley - #18
5. Bob Pettit - #20
6. Dirk Nowitzki - #22
7. Dolph Schayes - #38
8. Kevin McHale - #40
9. Elvin Hayes - #44
10. Dennis Rodman - #50

And then, Blake would have to pass a list of:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/5...ds-of-all-time

^ A lot of guys I think he can pass on that list, but it's obviously going to be a tough raod. Right now, I just don't see it happening.
Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:19 PM   #8
knickswin
Good college starter

knickswin is a pretty well-respected posterknickswin is a pretty well-respected posterknickswin is a pretty well-respected posterknickswin is a pretty well-respected poster

short answer: no

long answer: noooooooooooooooooo
knickswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:20 PM   #9
Chapallaz
Banned

Chapallaz has decent reputationChapallaz has decent reputation

No way too little D and too little moves on O.
Chapallaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:20 PM   #10
CavaliersFTW
5-time NBA All-Star

CavaliersFTW is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCavaliersFTW is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCavaliersFTW is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCavaliersFTW is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCavaliersFTW is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCavaliersFTW is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCavaliersFTW is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCavaliersFTW is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCavaliersFTW is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCavaliersFTW is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCavaliersFTW is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Blake Griffin's ceiling is below Larry Nance on the all-time list. And that's a compliment.
CavaliersFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:24 PM   #11
LONGTIME
College star

LONGTIME has decent reputation

Poor mans Shawn Kemp.
LONGTIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:27 PM   #12
ZaaaaaH
Banned

ZaaaaaH has not been impressing people

Potential = Yes

Will he become the GOAT of PF =
ZaaaaaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:32 PM   #13
swi7ch
Banned

swi7ch has not been impressing people

His ceiling is Shawn Kemp so no.
swi7ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:33 PM   #14
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool

I laughed.
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:37 PM   #15
b1imtf
raep tiem

b1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

lol
b1imtf is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: