Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2012, 04:47 PM   #16
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA
 
9erempiree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: California of America
Posts: 10,121
Default Re: The Lakers Are Looking For A Free Agent PG - They Should Sign Theo Papaloukas

To be honest, I don't mind Euro players. They are pretty hard nosed players. Nobody thought anything of most Euros but they end up being good and serviceable players in the league.

When Spain can ball with Team USA, that is telling they can play.
9erempiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:47 PM   #17
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Sarcastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: #KnicksTape
Posts: 21,368
Default Re: The Lakers Are Looking For A Free Agent PG - They Should Sign Theo Papaloukas

Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:49 PM   #18
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion
 
Euroleague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 11,581
Default Re: The Lakers Are Looking For A Free Agent PG - They Should Sign Theo Papaloukas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyWhitey
Just because Greece is bankrupt doesn't mean the lakers have to scout bankrupt. Lakers would be fools to sign a Greek bum with no skills. kobe needs serious players around him not fools.

You people are complete clowns. Papaloukas is considered to be Europe's Magic Johnson you ****ing idiot.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:53 PM   #19
taucesays
High school junior varsity star
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 638
Default Re: The Lakers Are Looking For A Free Agent PG - They Should Sign Theo Papaloukas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
You people are complete clowns. Papaloukas is considered to be Europe's Magic Johnson you ****ing idiot.

Yes. We're the clowns. Because when everybody disagrees with you, it's usually because they're all wrong. You are the Copernicus of the NBA. I wish I was so willing to suffer at the expense of progress.
taucesays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:55 PM   #20
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion
 
Euroleague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 11,581
Default Re: The Lakers Are Looking For A Free Agent PG - They Should Sign Theo Papaloukas

Quote:
Originally Posted by taucesays
Yes. We're the clowns. Because when everybody disagrees with you, it's usually because they're all wrong. You are the Copernicus of the NBA. I wish I was so willing to suffer at the expense of progress.

Claiming that Papaloukas has no skills, is not a serious player, and could not play with Kobe is probably the single dumbest thing ever said on this forum.

You are all retarded and a complete joke.

Papaloukas is considered to be one of the greatest European ballers that ever lived.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:55 PM   #21
AirTupac
Hop on the Buss
 
AirTupac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Rainbow Road
Posts: 7,143
Default Re: The Lakers Are Looking For A Free Agent PG - They Should Sign Theo Papaloukas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
Claiming that Papaloukas has no skills, is not a serious player, and could not play with Kobe is probably the single dumbest thing ever said on this forum.

You are all retarded and a complete joke.

Papaloukas is considered to be one of the greatest European ballers that ever lived.

Which just goes to show you how bad the Euroleague is.

He averaged 5 points per game in his entire career on 30%. That's a JOKE.
AirTupac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:56 PM   #22
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion
 
Euroleague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 11,581
Default Re: The Lakers Are Looking For A Free Agent PG - They Should Sign Theo Papaloukas

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirTupac
Which just goes to show you how bad the Euroleague is.

He averaged 5 points per game in his entire career on 30%. That's a JOKE.

Go jack off to a racist forum.


http://www.euroleague.net/competitio...asoncode=E2011

As you can see, those are NOT his Euroleague stats. You have Papaloukas confused with Ricky Rubio.

Those WERE Ricky Rubio's Euroleague stats. The hilarious thing is that the guy that actually DID have those stats in Euroleague, is now considered to be an untouchable NBA player.

Last edited by Euroleague : 12-12-2012 at 04:59 PM.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:58 PM   #23
madmax
Decent college freshman
 
madmax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,847
Default Re: The Lakers Are Looking For A Free Agent PG - They Should Sign Theo Papaloukas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyWhitey
Just because Greece is bankrupt doesn't mean the lakers have to scout bankrupt. Lakers would be fools to sign a Greek bum with no skills. kobe needs serious players around him not fools.


Theo even on crutches is a better playmaker than 90 % of NBA combo guards, impersonating PGs for their teams...don't underestimate the art of passing on the highest level
madmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:59 PM   #24
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!
 
NumberSix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The Internets
Posts: 17,170
Default Re: The Lakers Are Looking For A Free Agent PG - They Should Sign Theo Papaloukas

I never know what the fuq this Euroleague guy is talking about.
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:01 PM   #25
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion
 
Euroleague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 11,581
Default Re: The Lakers Are Looking For A Free Agent PG - They Should Sign Theo Papaloukas

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirTupac
It's a fact that black people have more fast twitch muscles than white people. IT'S A FACT. IF YOU DISPUTE IT, YOU ARE AN IDIOT AND A RACIST.

1. It's a fact that this is a myth and has been disproved over and over.

2. It's a fact that you are retarded.

3. It's a fact that you are a racist.

4. It's a fact that only racists cite this, even though it comes from a racist organization, and even though it has been proven to be false by numerous independent studies.

5. It's a fact that you are a psychopath.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:02 PM   #26
CeltsGarlic
so sophisticated
 
CeltsGarlic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lithuania
Posts: 7,436
Default Re: The Lakers Are Looking For A Free Agent PG - They Should Sign Theo Papaloukas

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax

Theo even on crutches is a better playmaker than 90 % of NBA combo guards, impersonating PGs for their teams...don't underestimate the art of passing on the highest level

Theo was the shit, and the one of the best playmakers ever, and always made all his 3s against Zalgiris, while 0% against others. Its not the case here. I dont know how is he right now.
CeltsGarlic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:06 PM   #27
FatComputerNerd
National High School Star
 
FatComputerNerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Believeland
Posts: 2,132
Default Re: The Lakers Are Looking For A Free Agent PG - They Should Sign Theo Papaloukas

Delonte is an extremely underrated PG and can also guard most 2's.

He is one of the better wing defenders in the league actually.

But he can do so much more too, including scoring in a variety of ways.

He was actually one of our most reliable and consistent players during his tenure w/ the Cavs, on both ends of the floor.
FatComputerNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:06 PM   #28
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion
 
Euroleague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 11,581
Default Re: The Lakers Are Looking For A Free Agent PG - They Should Sign Theo Papaloukas

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeltsGarlic
Theo was the shit, and the one of the best playmakers ever, and always made all his 3s against Zalgiris, while 0% against others. Its not the case here. I dont know how is he right now.

Look at Prigioni, he looks better in the NBA than he did for many years in Euroleague. He looks fast in the NBA, where he was almost getting to slow side in Euroleague.

Look at how Dragic, Jennings, Rubio, Neal, Lawson played in Euroleague and look how they play in the NBA. It's obvious that it's infinitely easier to play as a PG in the NBA than it is in the Euroleague. Because these guys all suddenly become much better almost to an unreal extreme, the second they leave Euroleague and go to the NBA.

I personally thought Papaloukas was washed up, but Prigioni was washed up 3 years ago, by Euroleague standards. Yet, he could walk in right now and take the Lakers starting PG spot with total ease, based on how he is playing with the Knicks.

And even though Prigioni was always one of my favorite players, and even though Papaloukas had certain things about him I didn't like, I have to be honest in the fact that Prigioni was never as good as Papaloukas. Actually, none of those players mentioned was ever as good as Papaloukas.

If Prigioni can make it in the NBA in his current level, which is a complete shell of what he used to be, when he was one of the better Euroleague point guards years ago, then why can't Papaloukas? Especially if you consider that they are very similar players. Both are big point guards, excellent ball handlers, like to pass, like to make plays for others, and both kept themselves in unbelievable physical condition.

Last edited by Euroleague : 12-12-2012 at 05:11 PM.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:09 PM   #29
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion
 
Euroleague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 11,581
Default Re: The Lakers Are Looking For A Free Agent PG - They Should Sign Theo Papaloukas

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatComputerNerd
Delonte is an extremely underrated PG and can also guard most 2's.

He is one of the better wing defenders in the league actually.

But he can do so much more too, including scoring in a variety of ways.

He was actually one of our most reliable and consistent players during his tenure w/ the Cavs, on both ends of the floor.

No doubt that he's a good player. But he's also a psychopath. The Lakers already have enough of those on their team.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:12 PM   #30
FatComputerNerd
National High School Star
 
FatComputerNerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Believeland
Posts: 2,132
Default Re: The Lakers Are Looking For A Free Agent PG - They Should Sign Theo Papaloukas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
No doubt that he's a good player. But he's also a psychopath. The Lakers already have enough of those on their team.

He's not a psychopath, he just has Bipolar disorder.

There is a pretty big difference, I think.
FatComputerNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:44 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy