Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-12-2012, 02:07 PM   #1
PleezeBelieve
#TeamOhio: 73-9

PleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this boardPleezeBelieve has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Kyrie Irving vs Anthony Davis: Who has the higher ceiling?

PleezeBelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:12 PM   #2
Kurosawa0
NBA rookie of the year

Kurosawa0 has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: Kyrie Irving vs Anthony Davis: Who has the higher ceiling?

Anthony Davis. No question.
Kurosawa0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:17 PM   #3
pnyozzzoo
Great young streetballer

pnyozzzoo has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
Anthony Davis. No question.
Agreed, do people not understand what is potential? Kyrie and Harden are not very athletic people who really "max out" their skills and body control, they are not gonna be so much better only more experience.

Wall, westbrook, anthony davis,ibaka has so much more potential.

Potential =/= Good. Most people never reach their full potential.
pnyozzzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:18 PM   #4
Kurosawa0
NBA rookie of the year

Kurosawa0 has no real reputation yet.

Anthony Davis could one day be the best player in the league. I can't see Kyrie ever getting there. He might not even have much of a chance of being the best point guard.
Kurosawa0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:20 PM   #5
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnyozzzoo
Agreed, do people not understand what is potential? Kyrie and Harden are not very athletic people who really "max out" their skills and body control, they are not gonna be so much better only more experience.

brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:23 PM   #6
Fudge
Balance of Opposites

Fudge is starting to rub some people the wrong wayFudge is starting to rub some people the wrong way

If i were to start a franchise and pick one of the two, i'd pick Davis, as big of a fan I am of Irving.
Fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:26 PM   #7
I.R.Beast
National High School Star

I.R.Beast is starting to rub some people the wrong wayI.R.Beast is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:

Potential is a loaded word, that is over used and counts for nothing. Kyrie Irving has the best handle in the nba with the slickest moves and the best jumper of any of the top pgs in the league, he has a high iq and is extremely efficient. Kyrie has the higher cieking given what he already possesses this early in the game.

Last edited by I.R.Beast : 12-12-2012 at 02:37 PM.
I.R.Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:27 PM   #8
EnoughSaid
#COYG

EnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this board

Kyrie is going to be the best PG in the league along with Curry and Westbrook in 3-5 years. Davis has a chance to be the best player overall in the next 5 years. Both of these guys are legit, but I would take Kyrie.
EnoughSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:28 PM   #9
I.R.Beast
National High School Star

I.R.Beast is starting to rub some people the wrong wayI.R.Beast is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
Anthony Davis could one day be the best player in the league. I can't see Kyrie ever getting there. He might not even have much of a chance of being the best point guard.
do u even watch kyrie irving play?????....doesnt seem so with that trash coming out of your mouth.
I.R.Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:29 PM   #10
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool

No one can guard kyrie right now one on one in the whole league constantly cause his handle is top tier and his jumper is wet as fk
Old 12-12-2012, 02:41 PM   #11
swi7ch
Banned

swi7ch has not been impressing people

Irving.

20 years from now, when ppl ask "who is your GOAT player?" ppl will say Irving and laugh at anyone who say Jordan or Kobe or LBJ.
swi7ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:42 PM   #12
DukeDelonte13
NBA sixth man of the year

DukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation hereDukeDelonte13 has an incredible reputation here

apples and oranges.
DukeDelonte13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 02:43 PM   #13
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonislegend

He said Ibaka has more potential than Harden and Irving and you're bolding that part?

Ibaka has more potential, wow...
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:12 PM   #14
pnyozzzoo
Great young streetballer

pnyozzzoo has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
He said Ibaka has more potential than Harden and Irving and you're bolding that part?

Ibaka has more potential, wow...

Err, do you guys seriously not know what is ceiling and potential?

Ibaka has a bigger body, much better athletic, play based on instinct. Skill set is limited. Imagine if he come work so hard and gain a good big man handle like Chuck, keep improving his shooting and learn post moves, with his body any GM will wet their pants, But he will probably never gain those things, but its potential, its possible.

Irving and Harden both are mostly below rim player, they are not crazy fast. Their skill is already so good there is no way they can improve their shooting, handle, body control even more. Harden use weight strength draw contact, Irving manipulate, twist, spin so well. They are not gonna shot 60% FG 50% 3s coz its impossible. See the point their ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT is smaller.

lots nba draft is base of potential(room of improvement) since dude enter the league so young. Hell most of them never ever reach the potential. It's just as dumb as saying wat if Wall has Irving skill, then he will be better coz he run fast jump higher and more explosive. But he probably will never improve to that point, But its possible for Wall to gain skill, It's not possible for Irving and Harden to gain speed and hops.
pnyozzzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:36 PM   #15
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

Quote:
Err, do you guys seriously not know what is ceiling and potential?

Ibaka has a bigger body, much better athletic, play based on instinct. Skill set is limited. Imagine if he come work so hard and gain a good big man handle like Chuck, keep improving his shooting and learn post moves, with his body any GM will wet their pants, But he will probably never gain those things, but its potential, its possible.

Irving and Harden both are mostly below rim player, they are not crazy fast. Their skill is already so good there is no way they can improve their shooting, handle, body control even more. Harden use weight strength draw contact, Irving manipulate, twist, spin so well. They are not gonna shot 60% FG 50% 3s coz its impossible. See the point their ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT is smaller.

lots nba draft is base of potential(room of improvement) since dude enter the league so young. Hell most of them never ever reach the potential. It's just as dumb as saying wat if Wall has Irving skill, then he will be better coz he run fast jump higher and more explosive. But he probably will never improve to that point, But its possible for Wall to gain skill, It's not possible for Irving and Harden to gain speed and hops.

If you think Irving is not fast you simply have never seen him play
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: