Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-12-2012, 02:57 PM   #1
ncrizzle
GritNgrind ur mind

Default What reasonable move/moves can your team do by the trade deadline to improve?

Grizzlies need a play maker off the bench who can facilitate and shoot the 3. I would love to trade Mo speights and a combo of Ellington and/or Selby for a SG/SF who can play D and hit shots while helping others. Since Darell Arthur is back and we will not be using a 9-10 man rotation come playoff time, Mo is expendable. I would say raja bell but another team would have to get involved seeing as the jazz have 4 Bigs already

Chris Douglas Roberts is also someone who could help scoring off the bench and would be super cheap
ncrizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:04 PM   #2
r15mohd
Local High School Star

Default Re: What reasonable move/moves can your team do by the trade deadline to improve?

I'd trade Wade, R Lewis and Cole (maybe a draft pick) to the T'Wolves for Love and Ridenhour.

Miami gets the rebounding front court machine and a replacement back up PG, TWolves gets a top 5 player in Wade, some output from Lewis and a replacement PG in Cole\

Miami 5:
Bosh
Love
James
Allen
Chalmers/Ridenhour
r15mohd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:05 PM   #3
AirTupac
Mitch Kupcake

Default Re: What reasonable move/moves can your team do by the trade deadline to improve?

Cut DJO, buy out Morris. Sign West and CDR.
AirTupac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:09 PM   #4
Fudge
Banned

Perks gotta go. I dont care how well he plays throughout the rest of the year. I'll take on any other starting C in the league over him.

Perk + Lamb + PJ3

for

Nene or Gortat
Fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:09 PM   #5
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncrizzle
Grizzlies need a play maker off the bench who can facilitate and shoot the 3. I would love to trade Mo speights and a combo of Ellington and/or Selby for a SG/SF who can play D and hit shots while helping others. Since Darell Arthur is back and we will not be using a 9-10 man rotation come playoff time, Mo is expendable. I would say raja bell but another team would have to get involved seeing as the jazz have 4 Bigs already

Chris Douglas Roberts is also someone who could help scoring off the bench and would be super cheap

I think you'd be crazy to trade Speights. How many bigs off the bench are as good as he is? No way. Don't do that.

CDR went to Memphis, right? Sign him. I also think Ben Gordon would suit you but it's worth gong after Roberts.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:14 PM   #6
Levity
Dale, you giblet head!

My 2nd favorite team being the kings, they should decide whether or not they want to build their franchise around both DMC and Tyreke. but if they do decide to move tyreke, they should go after a pass 1st pg like calderon.

So essentially, an Evans/Calderon swap.
Levity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:20 PM   #7
Fudge
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levity
My 2nd favorite team being the kings, they should decide whether or not they want to build their franchise around both DMC and Tyreke. but if they do decide to move tyreke, they should go after a pass 1st pg like calderon.

So essentially, an Evans/Calderon swap.
Funny thing is, i think Colangelo would bite, as bad as this trade is for them. Just adds to his weird obssession of collecting wing/perimter players (Ross, DeRozan, Fields, Pietrus, Kleiza)
Fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:23 PM   #8
EnoughSaid
Miami Heat/Arsenal FC

If Miami can do a package with Miller, Cole or someone else to get a guy like Gortat, I will forever love THE DON.
EnoughSaid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:34 PM   #9
ncrizzle
GritNgrind ur mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
I think you'd be crazy to trade Speights. How many bigs off the bench are as good as he is? No way. Don't do that.

CDR went to Memphis, right? Sign him. I also think Ben Gordon would suit you but it's worth gong after Roberts.

Speights is inconsistent. while i love having all of the bigs we have, we need a playmaker more. Darell Arthur is back and better than him and come playoff time he would get 5 minute a game. Him being good and on a good contract is a great reason to trade him as well. Get something that we need. Speights jumper is wet and he can grab boards when he wants too, but he is not a C. A face up 6'10 big who doesnt play good d, block shots, or pass well. When he is hot he is hot, but he is getting hardly any PT as it is. He could start for other teams. He did fine last year when zbo and DA were out. Now that they are both back, we can use him to get assets we need more
Old 12-12-2012, 03:47 PM   #10
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncrizzle
Speights is inconsistent. while i love having all of the bigs we have, we need a playmaker more. Darell Arthur is back and better than him and come playoff time he would get 5 minute a game. Him being good and on a good contract is a great reason to trade him as well. Get something that we need. Speights jumper is wet and he can grab boards when he wants too, but he is not a C. A face up 6'10 big who doesnt play good d, block shots, or pass well. When he is hot he is hot, but he is getting hardly any PT as it is. He could start for other teams. He did fine last year when zbo and DA were out. Now that they are both back, we can use him to get assets we need more

He's a great rebounder and you guys are near the bottom in rebounding.

I could see the value in it tho, if it makes Gasol pick up his rebounding (as he's doing lately). The team is at the bottom in rebounds and assists...not something you would expect.

BTW, I know you're gonna react to this, but one move I could understand was if they traded Gay. I honestly have no idea for whom. I don't see a good trade right now, tho Granger makes me think. But I'm just saying.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:55 PM   #11
Jolokia
Serious playground baller

Lebron & Cole for Kyrie, Varejao, Thomposon, & Waiters.
Jolokia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:08 PM   #12
ncrizzle
GritNgrind ur mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
He's a great rebounder and you guys are near the bottom in rebounding.

I could see the value in it tho, if it makes Gasol pick up his rebounding (as he's doing lately). The team is at the bottom in rebounds and assists...not something you would expect.

BTW, I know you're gonna react to this, but one move I could understand was if they traded Gay. I honestly have no idea for whom. I don't see a good trade right now, tho Granger makes me think. But I'm just saying.

if it aint broke dont fix it. If we dont make it to atleast the WCF this year gay will be gone. Gay is basically granger except better and 3 years younger. Rudys in a tough spot somewhat with having such equally good parts around him who can all score. But Rudy has the potential to be great. he just has to take away the bad parts of his game. If he just focused on posting up more, not dribbling the ball more than a few times, and taking bad shots. He is usually good taking advantage of mismatches. He can shoot, but instead of just stepping back and shooting over someone he gets himself in these horrible situations. Now while Rudy may not be consistent all the time down the stretch, if the shot clock is off with the game on the line, i want the ball in rudys hands no doubt. He is very clutch in buzzer beating/game winning and tying shots. He is versatile and can score every way. He is a very important piece for this team. You dont trade a star like him in the midst of your best run of basketball in franchise history unless you are getting something of equal or greater value.

Last edited by ncrizzle : 12-12-2012 at 04:17 PM.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:13 PM   #13
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

It's tough to say who the Pistons could move in order to gain something of substance in return, but they do have some pieces. I see Rodney Stuckey, Tayshaun Prince, Charlie Villanueva, Austin Daye, Corey Maggette and Jonas Jerebko all as potential trade pieces. I know Villanueva's already been declared dead by 80% of NBA fans, but he's actually not playing too bad right now. Since he replaced Jerebko, he's averaged 8 points a game on 48% shooting (40% from the arc) in just 17 minutes a night.

Unfortunately, I don't really know who the Pistons would deal for that'd dramatically improve them. I suppose the two or three position could be deemed their weakest spots. Are there any twos or threes who would be worthwhile and open to acquire for any mix of the above players?

Also worthy of note, I do not think the Pistons are likely to be interested in giving up a possibly effective piece (ex: Prince, Stuckey) in exchange for salary garbage. I don't think they'll deal unless they know they're getting something positive in return. Elsewise, they'll just let their bad contracts expire and move on from there.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:16 PM   #14
nbarumorz
Serious playground baller

Gotta trade one of the combo guards (JT, Lee, AB, or Barbosa) for a rebounding big that can play solid D.
nbarumorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:17 PM   #15
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Gana Diop straight up for Kevin Love?

would be the most one-sided trade in history
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: