Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-23-2006, 03:29 PM   #1
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Andrea Bargnani?

Have been around much lately so I'm sorry if this has been done.

What is the general consensus on the board of this guy? Last I read, the term "bust" was being thrown around. Can't remember if any poster with any sense were saying that, though.

Seems to me like he's having just as good of a rookie season as say a guy like Dirk Nowitzki who everyone likes to compare him to. Roughly the same age and stats. I see he's hitting game winners and stuff.

Kid looks good. To me, he's a guy that you can get away with saying "he has potential" about. I know people hate that term, but it applies here.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 03:34 PM   #2
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation

Well we always knew he could shoot, but lately he has been making a huge contribution to a win streak with his driving, rebounding and shot blocking.

I am very impressed with him so far this season. His defense is actually pretty decent at most times. His shot blocking is great and his IQ is pretty good. All in all it's positive to see this young scorer show some defensive potential that was lacking with Charlie V. He is developing at a very fast rate. In the past 2 week he's: had 24 rebounds in 3 games. 6 blocks in 1 game, a double-double, 23 point outing with an 11 point 4th quarter and a game winning shot.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 12:34 AM   #3
eliteballer
NBA rookie of the year

eliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputation

He's already better than Darko.
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 12:51 AM   #4
Ricardo Tubbs
High School JV MVP

Ricardo Tubbs has an OK reputation so far

His peak is Dirk with All-NBA defense. And that would be one of the greatest players ever. So I don't know if that will happen…but hey, he was a number 1 pick, and somebody from this draft has to be really good, so it wouldn't actually be far-fetched at all.

He should probably end up with a rookie season somewhere in between Dirk's first and second seasons. He should be pulling 15/6 games by the end of the year regularly with Bosh back.
Ricardo Tubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 01:05 AM   #5
Kujo
National High School Star

Kujo has decent reputation

I've been pleasantly surprised by his shot blocking ability. Didn't know he was a very good shot blocker. I think it's safe to say he's already a better defender than Dirk, who's not a good shot blocker or defensive player period.

I don't know if he'll ever be an all-star, but he's going to be a very good player. His outside shooting is deadly. He just needs to develop a post game.
Kujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 03:31 AM   #6
FabCasablancas
Banned

FabCasablancas has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kujo
I've been pleasantly surprised by his shot blocking ability. Didn't know he was a very good shot blocker. I think it's safe to say he's already a better defender than Dirk, who's not a good shot blocker or defensive player period.

I don't know if he'll ever be an all-star, but he's going to be a very good player. His outside shooting is deadly. He just needs to develop a post game.

I haven't watched Bargnani.. but I wouldn't be so sure about the D. Dirk's strength defensively is his versatility. Dirk, KG and Shawn Marion were the only guys in the league to average a certain amount of steals and blocks combined. Dirk's D is highly underrated because he can't shutdown bigs or small.. but he can hold his own against both extremely well for his size. He was our best defender on Nash in the playoffs. His versatility is especially valuable on pick and rolls where he can switch the pick and it doesn't hurt the defense the way it normally would with most other players.

Also, Dirk has greta hands and tends to steal the ball before the player goes up for a shot a ton.. which is why his blocks per game is deceptive.. Malone used to do this as well.
FabCasablancas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 09:53 AM   #7
dgilbert
Decent playground baller

dgilbert has no real reputation yet.

as a raps fan, i'm very happy with him, he has a massive upside on a already decent offensive game, and his defense in the post is actually quite good, everyone likes to look at blocked shots for the bigs, but you watch him down low and see how many shots he alters simply by having good positioning, and keeping his hands up, and you realize this kid is gonna be something special. I have no doubt in my mind that three years from now he will be by far the best player in this draft, and it wouldn't shock me if he ends up working his way into R.O.Y contention by the end of the year.

Let's be honest here if Bargs was black, and from the U.S.A., he would of been hyped like crazy, but because he's white guy from europe he gets the label of bust. It reminds me of the whole Yao thing when he got drafted, and we've all seen how that worked out.
dgilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 10:00 AM   #8
dgilbert
Decent playground baller

dgilbert has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabCasablancas
Dirk's D is highly underrated because he can't shutdown bigs or small.. but he can hold his own against both extremely well for his size. He was our best defender on Nash in the playoffs. His versatility is especially valuable on pick and rolls where he can switch the pick and it doesn't hurt the defense the way it normally would with most other players.

Also, Dirk has greta hands and tends to steal the ball before the player goes up for a shot a ton.. which is why his blocks per game is deceptive.. Malone used to do this as well.
I know exactly what you mean, and I think Bargs will be very similar in that manner. Example being, in the phoenix game a few days ago, bargs ended up guarding Barbosa, who immediatley recognized the speed mismatch. Barbosa drove for the basket, bargs with really nice foot work kept with him, and altered his shot so he couldn't make the basket. When I seen that play unfold I was amazed at how he stayed with him.
dgilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 01:53 PM   #9
Darius
Good college starter

Darius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat cool

Best defender on Nash??? Are you kidding? Nash burns Dirk EVERY TIME. Its practically automatic.
Darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:07 AM   #10
hon
DURAS

hon has decent reputation
Default Re: Andrea Bargnani?

Andrea loves him some Primo Pasta...
hon is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: