Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-11-2012, 11:19 PM   #301
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

Default Re: New York Knicks (15-5) vs. Brooklyn Nets (11-8), 7:00 PM EST on ESPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
What was with Blatche not rebounding? Is he afraid of Evans the way Lopez used to move out of Hump's way?
BK still out rebounded NY. Just not that many rebounds to go around.. he was 9+ going in as a starter I think.
ChuckOakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:21 PM   #302
niko
I Run NY.

Default Re: New York Knicks (15-5) vs. Brooklyn Nets (11-8), 7:00 PM EST on ESPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckOakley
That offensive foul call was JVG trying to make up for his homerific commentating for 47 minutes. Was a perfectly fine play and shot by Kidd.

And yes, Crash is the man. Love him and still love that trade.. esp. since it netted Reggie Evans with the TPE as well.

As for Felton... I would almost give Prigioni more minutes. Felton is awful and still fat. Hell, let Melo play Point F. Just don't let Felton play if he's going to play like that.
Haha, i only had the sound on for the last few minutes. (My wife watches her shows on her ipad). That makes more sense. He was nuts on that. Would have been an awful ending.

I love Priggie Smalls. He criticized Felton and himself when they lost for not running the offense and shooting too much. He's a stand up guy. Too bad he must be 40 (i think you add +5 for Argentinian Internationals).

Nets played well. Like the first game (except my team lost that time) to me it's a shrug your shoulder loss. What can you do.

What's funny is this game was so hard and i expect next game for the Knicks to kick ass up and down. Brooklyn > Lakers.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:21 PM   #303
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

I will have to watch this game. I came home with 50 seconds left on the shot clock only to watch Jason Kidd hit a damn dagger. How did Stack mount up 20 minutes when he wasn't giving any production. If Stack isn't giving us any offense after 10 minutes, why the hell is he playing for 21? Avery needs to start adjusting to this crap. Nets NEED to win tomorrow and a loss cannot happen. Deron 1-6 from 3 point line is getting to become a broken record. We are effective when he creates for others or gets a good look at the basket nearby. All hope is not lost but Avery is on the hot seat. By the looks of it MarShon got no playing time in the second half. Again, I'm at a loss for words, I'm beyond upset, and sad but the Nets NEED to win tomorrow. At least we can add the Nets big lead lost to the list. I can't even name how many times the Nets had a huge lead ( 17 tonight) and lose it the quarter after and lose the game.
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:24 PM   #304
Clutch
NBA Legend

There were some questionable calls at the end but I think officiating has been pretty good.

When Wallace and J.R. ran into each other that was probably an illegal screen by J.R.
But no way that Kidd shot is an offensive foul. It could have been a play on but he missed the free throw anyways.
That putback by Wallace that was ruled off was close too but I think refs made the right call.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:26 PM   #305
iDunk
JC.IS.CA.AS.SD.TH.JS

Nets fans are so salty right now.
iDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:31 PM   #306
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
I will have to watch this game. I came home with 50 seconds left on the shot clock only to watch Jason Kidd hit a damn dagger. How did Stack mount up 20 minutes when he wasn't giving any production. If Stack isn't giving us any offense after 10 minutes, why the hell is he playing for 21? Avery needs to start adjusting to this crap. Nets NEED to win tomorrow and a loss cannot happen. Deron 1-6 from 3 point line is getting to become a broken record. We are effective when he creates for others or gets a good look at the basket nearby. All hope is not lost but Avery is on the hot seat. By the looks of it MarShon got no playing time in the second half. Again, I'm at a loss for words, I'm beyond upset, and sad but the Nets NEED to win tomorrow. At least we can add the Nets big lead lost to the list. I can't even name how many times the Nets had a huge lead ( 17 tonight) and lose it the quarter after and lose the game.

Marshon was killing the Knicks in the 1st half, dude's jumper was silk. He was pretty much MIA in the 2nd half much to my pleasure.
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:33 PM   #307
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
I actually ain't mad after this loss.. or that mad.

You'll watch it but essentially...

1. D.Will needs to stop shooting.. period. He is an elite playmaker, buthis shooting is so bad right now. Don't know why. The game changed in the 2nd quarter when he tried to shoot.

2. Avery needs to stop the Stack crap and play Brooks. In fact play Watson or Taylor but do not play Stack or Childress with minimal Bogans. It's time to promote Stack to coach, cut Chill since he's not guaranteed and get some D-league-ers hungry to play.

3. JJ needs to stop being hesitant.. take it to the rack or shoot if he's straight on. As much he has sucked offensively, his D remains very solid.

4. We had a big size advantage and chose not to exploit it. Hump always plays well against NY and played all of 8, but active minutes.

5. Obviously Lopez is our MVP and best player.. it is not debatable with the way D.Will has played since he came here. We blocked all of 3 shots and 2 were by JJ. His defense and offense is sorely missed.

6. Foul trouble with Blatche and D.Will hurt us. We went away from Blatche as soon as he got in foul trouble in the 1st quarter and we were never the same.

7. Melo is unstoppable. I liked our single coverage with Wallace most of the time, but I don't like having Evans guarding Kidd. Cover the shooters, but not like that.

8. When motivated we can play with any team in the league, but Avery prevents us from actually winning. If I had to guess, we've built a double digit first half lead in 15/20 of our games but we cannot sustain it. We go away from what works and put in players that don't always work.

I don't blame the refs on this at all. We led 90% of this game, but we don't know how to close at all, nor do we have a closer.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:34 PM   #308
R.I.P
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
And ChuckOakley, Felton's role is making sure Kidd doesn't die from playing 35 minutes a game. He needs to play less to be effective. That's honestly Felton's role. He's had better games though, he kept us in that Charlotte game when we were flat, and he made a bunch of nice plays down the stretch in Denver. He's not great though, not by any means. l

It's all come down to Woody. He need to have flexible rotation to off set Felton hot n cold and still keep Kidd alive after 82 games. We don't need #1 come to playoff time. We need healthy, well-rested roster for 7 games series.
R.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:35 PM   #309
SevereUpInHere
Utryin2getthepipe?

Was that the season high for points by any player by Melo tonight?
SevereUpInHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:35 PM   #310
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDunk
Oh, now the former Net fan from less than 2 years ago shows up.. was wondering where you were. Where you at the game chanting.. Broookkkllyyynn... sucks?
Old 12-11-2012, 11:38 PM   #311
gigantes
A piece of fluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDunk
i'm using a shaker that's rich with potassium chloride. it has half the sodium of regular salt.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:38 PM   #312
SevereUpInHere
Utryin2getthepipe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
i'm using a shaker that's rich with potassium chloride. it has half the sodium of regular salt.

Well played.
SevereUpInHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:39 PM   #313
LoneyROY7
The Babe Ruth of ISH

That Knicks-Lakers game is bit scary, IMO.

As bad as the Lakers have been, you KNOW they'll be up for this one. Especially in MSG.
LoneyROY7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:39 PM   #314
R.I.P
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockoutOver11
that bromance hug with smith and kidd

gif that

also kidds expersion after the 3.. never seen him so hyped!

Look like Melo told Kidd to calm down before the FT, so mature
R.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:40 PM   #315
Clutch
NBA Legend

If I'm right this was Melo's highest scoring game as a Knick. 45 points.

His previous high was 43 against the Bulls last season in that OT game.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: