Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-11-2013, 02:16 AM   #121
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: "Antoni and the missing "D"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr sax
You mean the same Phil Jackson that coached the Lakers last season when they got swept from the playoffs by Dallas? That Phil Jackson? Please enlighten us as to who's fault that was.

Will you only be happy if the Lakers hire a coach and then magically win every single game the rest of this season?

Now granted, these questions coming from a guy who has zero coaching or playing experience which means in your world I have no idea what I'm talking about.

That Lakers team that lost to Dallas was not the same squad. No Howard, Nash, and the bench looked a lot different. You really can't compare that season to what is happening now. I think much of the Lakers nation would be happy if they were to hire a different coach. Realistically, we know it won't happen this season. I really don't see how you could stick up for 'antoni like he's doing even a decent job. It is very obvious his system is not meant for this team, and he isn't willing to adjust enough to work to this teams strengths.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:07 AM   #122
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Ok what does coaching have to do with basketball knowledge?
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:31 AM   #123
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
That Lakers team that lost to Dallas was not the same squad. No Howard, Nash, and the bench looked a lot different. You really can't compare that season to what is happening now. I think much of the Lakers nation would be happy if they were to hire a different coach. Realistically, we know it won't happen this season. I really don't see how you could stick up for 'antoni like he's doing even a decent job. It is very obvious his system is not meant for this team, and he isn't willing to adjust enough to work to this teams strengths.

I don't like D'Antoni and Im sure most fans here don't like him too but when some fans constantly rips him, maybe some get annoyed and find themselves defending him. Re: him not willing to adjust enough, Jeff Van Gundy mentioned this am at Cowherd show that Mike has made adjustments esp slowing the pace down which I think has helped them have some success vs the Nets and OKC.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:20 AM   #124
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
I don't like D'Antoni and Im sure most fans here don't like him too but when some fans constantly rips him, maybe some get annoyed and find themselves defending him. Re: him not willing to adjust enough, Jeff Van Gundy mentioned this am at Cowherd show that Mike has made adjustments esp slowing the pace down which I think has helped them have some success vs the Nets and OKC.

I did hear that Van Gundy interview on Cowherd. I agree he has slowed it down some. I've heard a few others on there mention some things like this too, so there's a lot of people who watch basketball that see that 'antoni just isn't making the right adjustments. I think antoni needs to take a few pages from Popovich's book. They've got an aging team. Sure it's probably built more for the regular season than the post season, but he's still working with his players strengths. When the older guys are hurt, he adjusts to what the younger guys can do. To me, it just makes sense that if San Antonio can win then the Lakers should be able to do the same. The main difference is the front office there is much more stable and they have a better coach.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:28 AM   #125
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
OUCH, OUCH AND OUCH
I find DK to be both smart ( I think he knows what he's talking about most of the time) when he is being objective and not emotional.
and yes also irritating and annoying when he goes into his occasional rants like calling coaches clowns, moron stupid and yes, proclaiming that he is so knowledgeable than any of us.
But I find it interesting that you compared him to Dave Miller who I felt was more objective and civil esp duing his post Laker games. When fans unfairly criticized the coach, Coach Miller, I felt was very objective with his analysis and gave Brown last year, a lot of benefit and didn't just second guessed him. For me, Magic Johnson was the worst of them all. I mean this Icon is very emotional every game he sees.
One game, Rondo plays great, Magic would proclaim him as the best PG in the league, Lebron plays great, and James is the best player ever etc.

Fair enough post Tam.

I get emotional because:

#1 I have been a Lakers fan since their first game in LA in 1960....yeah, I was there and we had season tickets at the Sports Arena.

#2 If there is 1 thing I cannot stand, it's bad coaching. It's freaking pathetic to me that there are guys pretending to be NBA level coaches but don't have a freaking clue as to what they are doing.

#3 Guys......kids (sorry, I'm old) on ISH cannot comprehend that there is anyone who knows more about the game than they do. That IMO is childish and laughable. I don't care who you are nor what you will ever do in life but someone will always know more than you do about something....that is just a fact of life. There is absolutely no question on earth that I have more knowledge about the game than anyone on here....that is not meant as an offense....I'm twice as old as anyone else on here, I played competitively and have been coaching with tremendous success for longer than most on here have been alive. I am very involved with people currently in the NBA coaching ranks and a ton of former players as I have been for over 40 years. I had the great fortune to have had daily conversations with NBA legendary coaches and players......I refrain from name dropping, I will say that this includes all but about 7-8 players to ever wear a Los Angeles Lakers uniform. So, I had a great opportunity to learn a ton. My opinions expressed on here reflect the exact sentiments of the NBA community that I am associated with.....so it is not just merely my opinion alone. When I hear some things on here which are so ridiculous I initially try to bite my tongue, but the teacher of the game in me gets the best of me.

Now in regard to Magic Johnson.......you guys need to understand HOW the media game is played, it is theater, you get ahead and stay relevant by being controversial. If you guys ever listen to Colin Cowherd you will hear him say it point blank, he doesn't care if you love him or hate him because either way it drives the conversation. The danger in media is if you put viewers or listeners in the unemotional state of blahs......so make them angry by blasting a player or make them happy by calling a player the best.......either way it drives the conversation.
I call Skip Bayless the smartest man on television, he says the most ridiculous things possible, he makes people mad, every single person either hates him or loves him, he is ratings GOLD......truth is that he doesn't believe anything he says, he's just playing a role.....all those debates you watch are practiced in meetings the day before and morning of the show, if you listen, they sometimes make mention of those meetings. ESPN cannot have their anchors agree on an issue, it would be boring.......get it, it's all a scam and we are supposed to be the suckers.

Add this; The tv guys have earphones in and producers are constantly telling them things to say and giving instructions, not to mention the video prompters, they are not just up there speaking off the cuff, the show is being produced....this includes live announcers during games. Most people have absolutely no idea about this stuff.

FYI, 99.9% of the Kardashians shows are phony and pre-scripted.....including the clothing they wear and their hair styles. They look and act entirely different when not filming.

Very few people know the depths of what TV has turned into.

Last edited by DKLaker : 02-12-2013 at 03:26 AM.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:36 AM   #126
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker

FYI, 99.9% of the Kardashians shows are phony and pre-scripted.....including the clothing they wear and their hair styles. They look and act entirely different when not filming.

Very few people know the depths of what TV has turned into.

The vast majority of reality television is fake. Most everything on TRU tv is completely fake. It's not a coincidence that people who "aren't" part of the cast on shows like that who get into fights, etc somehow are still mic'd up and sign the waiver. Sports television is no different. It's reality tv at it's finest. There's producers, directors, etc. And of course there's the people who play their different roles. Let's not even get into what some people will do to get a little part on a show...
Old 02-12-2013, 07:21 PM   #127
DKLaker

Quote:
I did hear that Van Gundy interview on Cowherd. I agree he has slowed it down some. I've heard a few others on there mention some things like this too, so there's a lot of people who watch basketball that see that 'antoni just isn't making the right adjustments. I think antoni needs to take a few pages from Popovich's book. They've got an aging team. Sure it's probably built more for the regular season than the post season, but he's still working with his players strengths. When the older guys are hurt, he adjusts to what the younger guys can do. To me, it just makes sense that if San Antonio can win then the Lakers should be able to do the same. The main difference is the front office there is much more stable and they have a better coach.

I appreciate you bro
Again, the people on here that think it was 'Antoni who decided to slow it down really don't understand the history of the coach......If you know his history you have to understand that he was forced to slow it down by others.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:24 PM   #128
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
I appreciate you bro
Again, the people on here that think it was 'Antoni who decided to slow it down really don't understand the history of the coach......If you know his history you have to understand that he was forced to slow it down by others.

Old 02-13-2013, 05:09 AM   #129
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I deleted many posts because of the direction it was headed.

One of the rules of posting on any of these forums is to maintain respect of the individual you're debating with. If that doesn't happen, these posts will not only be deleted, but reported.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:25 PM   #130
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I deleted many posts because of the direction it was headed.

One of the rules of posting on any of these forums is to maintain respect of the individual you're debating with. If that doesn't happen, these posts will not only be deleted, but reported.

I read all of those posts. I was highly amused by the back-and-forth, and it was worth the laughs lol. If you were offended by the posts, you should have simply pm'ed the two parties to stop or take it to pm.

Just don't go as far as soCal/gts sometimes did. They often deleted legit posts in past even if the post had even a little bit of any sort of attack. People used to have long arguments with gts, and both sides (including gts) would sometimes get personal. I called out gts on it in pm once for hypocrisy.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:32 PM   #131
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
I read all of those posts. I was highly amused by the back-and-forth, and it was worth the laughs lol. If you were offended by the posts, you should have simply pm'ed the two parties to stop or take it to pm.

Just don't go as far as soCal/gts sometimes did. They often deleted legit posts in past even if the post had even a little bit of any sort of attack. People used to have long arguments with gts, and both sides (including gts) would sometimes get personal. I called out gts on it in pm once for hypocrisy.

I was amused not angry at the other party.....but I fully understand and support Lakerfreak's decision, opinion and the phenomenal job he does as a mod

Seeing the names of the evil 2 makes me cringe every time......makes me appreciate our mod even more.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:39 PM   #132
dd24
College superstar

Quote:

What happened to those guys?
Old 02-13-2013, 08:07 PM   #133
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
What happened to those guys?

They got angry at the criticism they were getting and decided to start their own forums that they can run their own way
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:09 PM   #134
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
They got angry at the criticism they were getting and decided to start their own forums that they can run their own way

I totally forgot about that other forum, lol. I'm sure there isn't that many people posting there.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:01 PM   #135
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:

I got PM's from posters that were watching complaining about it. This wasn't done for my own gratification by any means. ISH guidelines ask that we be respectful as well.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: