Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 01-22-2013, 09:27 PM   #76
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: "Antoni and the missing "D"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
I hear ya. I try to help the forum and educate the young guys who don't understand the game yet (or perhaps never even played). If someone hasn't played basketball for a while, they don't see the rotations, spacing, picks, and overall strategy the same way. I get that. I really hope there isn't anyone on the board that would defend Jimmy Buss

My experience on here is that there is always someone so devoid of basketball IQ that they will defend a blatantly obvious moron.
I'm trying to just ignore those folks, they are entitled to their idiotic opinions

(J/K)
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:25 AM   #77
L.A. Jazz
enjoy '13,hope for '14

L.A. Jazz is a pretty well-respected posterL.A. Jazz is a pretty well-respected posterL.A. Jazz is a pretty well-respected poster

watching TNTs inside trax of the game in chicago all i hear is MDA screaming "defense". that reminds me of myself and thats bad, because i am a fan and i can say meaningless things like "they have to play defense" and so. but in the NBA you cant put 5 guys out there and let them defend. they need a system, good habits and good communication and a coach who isnt the one who knows less about defense than his rookies.
L.A. Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:30 PM   #78
mr sax
Kids at the park dunk on me

mr sax has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
My experience on here is that there is always someone so devoid of basketball IQ that they will defend a blatantly obvious moron.
I'm trying to just ignore those folks, they are entitled to their idiotic opinions

(J/K)

Now I see. Only your opinions matter. Thanks for letting all 5 (or is it 4?) of us here know. I love it!! The ultimate oxymoron: "basketball IQ". That's HILARIOUS!!! Good one, DK. You made me laugh!!

In all seriousness, has anyone ever told you that you're boring? Well, you are.

(J/K)

Last edited by mr sax : 01-23-2013 at 05:45 PM.
mr sax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:02 PM   #79
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. Jazz
watching TNTs inside trax of the game in chicago all i hear is MDA screaming "defense". that reminds me of myself and thats bad, because i am a fan and i can say meaningless things like "they have to play defense" and so. but in the NBA you cant put 5 guys out there and let them defend. they need a system, good habits and good communication and a coach who isnt the one who knows less about defense than his rookies.

Thank YOU, and that's why you're on the list of intelligent posters

Mr Sax.....you are on there too......please show it more often ....dig, dig
Old 01-24-2013, 05:11 PM   #80
mr sax

Quote:
Thank YOU, and that's why you're on the list of intelligent posters

Mr Sax.....you are on there too......please show it more often ....dig, dig

How's this for "basketball IQ"? The Lakers got their butt's kicked by Memphis last night.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:59 PM   #81
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr sax
How's this for "basketball IQ"? The Lakers got their butt's kicked by Memphis last night.

We could all 'Anticipate that result.....witty use of the 'A.....no?
Old 01-24-2013, 10:32 PM   #82
DKLaker

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--fo...094336411.html

Quote:
Buss doubled down on the wrong coach, and wrong player. D'Antoni and Nash are busts, unable to bring the systematic and connective threads to a lineup that they were charged to regenerate. As far back out of the playoffs as these Lakers have dropped, here's the most disturbing truth: Los Angeles is closer to the drop-dead bottom of the Western Conference with Phoenix and New Orleans – three games – than they are climbing four games to reach the eighth spot in the Western Conference playoffs.
The Lakers haven't won a game outside of Staples Center in a month. These Lakers resemble D'Antoni in every way: Mumbling, soft and shrouded in marketed mythology.

Great article from Adrian Wojnarowski those who can't seem to understand......in fact everyone should read it.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:12 PM   #83
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Great article from Adrian Wojnarowski those who can't seem to understand......in fact everyone should read it.

Yup, I read that one yesterday. It's a good read.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:30 PM   #84
mr sax

Quote:

I have voiced my doubts about Nash on this board many times and have been bashed for it. I have also voiced doubts regarding Dwight and have received a lot of flack for that too. Too bad the Lakers can't get Tyson Chandler who I believe is one of the best C's in the league.

Go ahead guys...fire away.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:56 PM   #85
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr sax
I have voiced my doubts about Nash on this board many times and have been bashed for it. I have also voiced doubts regarding Dwight and have received a lot of flack for that too. Too bad the Lakers can't get Tyson Chandler who I believe is one of the best C's in the league.

Go ahead guys...fire away.

Not going to bash you, just want your opinion on how.....let's say a straight up trade Dwight for Chandler would actually make 'Antoni look like a better coach by actually winning some games??? Your opinion please...
Old 01-25-2013, 07:10 PM   #86
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Not going to bash you, just want your opinion on how.....let's say a straight up trade Dwight for Chandler would actually make 'Antoni look like a better coach by actually winning some games??? Your opinion please...

It would be a drastic improvement in my opinion. Chandler is an alley oop guy, that is a much better reader of defense than Dwight is. Plus, Chandler can also run, better than Dwight.

He also doesn't need the ball in his hands, so it wouldn't be too much of a problem if Kobe kept chucking. Should it be a trade to consider? Chandler + Shumpert/Felton?
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:55 PM   #87
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
It would be a drastic improvement in my opinion. Chandler is an alley oop guy, that is a much better reader of defense than Dwight is. Plus, Chandler can also run, better than Dwight.

He also doesn't need the ball in his hands, so it wouldn't be too much of a problem if Kobe kept chucking. Should it be a trade to consider? Chandler + Shumpert/Felton?

So.....you think we will be MORE successful if we have a center with no offense???
I'm complete puzzled by how that's supposed to work.....but let's see....we continue to jack up shots from 3, Chandler gets a few boards and we win right??? Ok, please explain how when Dwight has put up huge points plus rebounds we still managed to lose or win close ones......we'd get those rebounds but less than half the points. Seriously, I'm not following you.....Not bashing you, just fail to see the logic here.

At this point I think we'd have better luck trading everyone including Kobe for a bunch of shot jackers,,,,I think that's all 'Antoni is capable of coaching......If we are keeping 'Antoni we may as well do this.....either way we have no chance in hell of winning a title.....that's my OPINION.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:14 AM   #88
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
So.....you think we will be MORE successful if we have a center with no offense???
I'm complete puzzled by how that's supposed to work.....but let's see....we continue to jack up shots from 3, Chandler gets a few boards and we win right??? Ok, please explain how when Dwight has put up huge points plus rebounds we still managed to lose or win close ones......we'd get those rebounds but less than half the points. Seriously, I'm not following you.....Not bashing you, just fail to see the logic here.

At this point I think we'd have better luck trading everyone including Kobe for a bunch of shot jackers,,,,I think that's all 'Antoni is capable of coaching......If we are keeping 'Antoni we may as well do this.....either way we have no chance in hell of winning a title.....that's my OPINION.

Well I made that point was because of these two reasons. To put it simply:

1) D'Antoni doesn't like posting up

and

2) Chandler doesn't post up.

Most of Dwight's points came off of alley oops from Kobe and Nash. Something Chandler is more than capable of doing.

But now that the lakers have beaten two playoff teams consecutively, I'd like to reserve my judgement more.

Im liking the Dwight Howard of these last two games. Im liking the Kobe Bryant that facilitates. Im also liking Nash scoring a bit more. When he starts scoring, that becomes too much for other teams. And Ron-ron is playing great as hes been all season so no need to mention there.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:14 AM   #89
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
And Ron-ron is playing great as hes been all season so no need to mention there.

I agree, and he does deserve a little more credit than what we've been giving him. Everybody wanted him traded. I think we got too spoiled with too many all-stars, lol. He's had a much better season (so far) than any of us could've predicted. I knew going into this season he was healthy, which he hasn't been in the past. It looks like he was probably playing in more pain last season than any of us realize.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:50 AM   #90
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
I agree, and he does deserve a little more credit than what we've been giving him. Everybody wanted him traded. I think we got too spoiled with too many all-stars, lol. He's had a much better season (so far) than any of us could've predicted. I knew going into this season he was healthy, which he hasn't been in the past. It looks like he was probably playing in more pain last season than any of us realize.

This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: