Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 01-22-2013, 12:04 AM   #61
fiddy
HC4L

fiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: "Antoni and the missing "D"

Time to fire that clown? Lakers Offense looks like shit, Defense non-existent
fiddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:26 AM   #62
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddy
Time to fire that clown? Lakers Offense looks like shit, Defense non-existent

fiddy......that's too much common sense for some people on here
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:37 AM   #63
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

For financial reasons I just can't see them firing him this season though. Also, don't you think Jimmy has enough of an ego that he may just wait it out and see if things magically turn around so people can't second guess his choice? I think there's many of us who all wanted a different coach to get hired. I just don't think we'll be lucky enough to see it this season.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:35 AM   #64
mr sax
Kids at the park dunk on me

mr sax has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
fiddy......that's too much common sense for some people on here

How's Dwight Howard working out? Maybe whoever the coach is can go out and play for him.
mr sax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:23 PM   #65
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr sax
How's Dwight Howard working out? Maybe whoever the coach is can go out and play for him.

Do you mean the guy who's averaging 17.1ppg and 12.3rpg? There's only a handful of people averaging a double double in the NBA. For his career he averages 18.3ppg and 13rpg. The last few years he averaged a few more points but he's actually playing pretty good for the most part, especially if you consider he's coming back from injury. I'm pretty sure it's not his fault......
Old 01-22-2013, 02:35 PM   #66
brownmamba00
Cali Love

brownmamba00 is popular on this boardbrownmamba00 is popular on this boardbrownmamba00 is popular on this boardbrownmamba00 is popular on this board

let bernie take over **** d'antoni
brownmamba00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:41 PM   #67
mr sax

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
Do you mean the guy who's averaging 17.1ppg and 12.3rpg? There's only a handful of people averaging a double double in the NBA. For his career he averages 18.3ppg and 13rpg. The last few years he averaged a few more points but he's actually playing pretty good for the most part, especially if you consider he's coming back from injury. I'm pretty sure it's not his fault......

Right...let's blame everyone but those who are on the floor. Doesn't matter what his individual stats are, does it? Look at the team record.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:50 PM   #68
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Right...let's blame everyone but those who are on the floor. Doesn't matter what his individual stats are, does it? Look at the team record.

Never did I say the players don't deserve some of the blame. Go read through my posts. I did say they need to step up. The problem is when you play for a coach that doesn't motivate you, and has a system that nobody believes in, then you probably aren't going to play your best. You can't honestly believe that with the talent on this team the majority of this is on the players. Hell, Kurt Rambis was on ESPN radio (the Herd) this morning and even said it's not necessarily on the players. By watching a game, understanding players strengths and weaknesses, you can clearly see they aren't being used correctly. Even Kobe Bryant agrees with me!!!!!! Read what he just said. He said he doesn't like where he's getting the ball. It's not working to his strengths. He doesn't like how Pau or Dwight is being used. He doesn't believe they're letting Nash do what he's best at. And you know what??? He's absolutely correct. A good coach takes the players he's given, designs a system to their strengths, and tries to get them to improve on their weaknesses in practice. He doesn't force them into a system (which we've all bashed for years long before he was a Laker anyway) and make them do things they just aren't good at and aren't going to be good at. This isn't even a debate. The Lakers have the best SG, the best C, another one of the best big men, one of the best PG's, and a solid SF. I'm certainly not putting the majority of the blame on guys who were proven to get it done before. I'm atleast glad Kobe has finally spoken out. That might actually lead to some change.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:47 PM   #69
mr sax

Quote:
Never did I say the players don't deserve some of the blame. Go read through my posts. I did say they need to step up. The problem is when you play for a coach that doesn't motivate you, and has a system that nobody believes in, then you probably aren't going to play your best. You can't honestly believe that with the talent on this team the majority of this is on the players. Hell, Kurt Rambis was on ESPN radio (the Herd) this morning and even said it's not necessarily on the players. By watching a game, understanding players strengths and weaknesses, you can clearly see they aren't being used correctly. Even Kobe Bryant agrees with me!!!!!! Read what he just said. He said he doesn't like where he's getting the ball. It's not working to his strengths. He doesn't like how Pau or Dwight is being used. He doesn't believe they're letting Nash do what he's best at. And you know what??? He's absolutely correct. A good coach takes the players he's given, designs a system to their strengths, and tries to get them to improve on their weaknesses in practice. He doesn't force them into a system (which we've all bashed for years long before he was a Laker anyway) and make them do things they just aren't good at and aren't going to be good at. This isn't even a debate. The Lakers have the best SG, the best C, another one of the best big men, one of the best PG's, and a solid SF. I'm certainly not putting the majority of the blame on guys who were proven to get it done before. I'm atleast glad Kobe has finally spoken out. That might actually lead to some change.

Nash? You mean the guy that's almost forty that wasn't playing more than 20 minutes a game before he came to the Lakers? Best C in the league? Many would disagree with you. With the exception of San Antonio, who will probably choke in the playoffs like they always do, take a look around the NBA and see what the every good team has. Young players. The Lakers are old.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:13 PM   #70
L.A. Jazz
enjoy '13,hope for '14

L.A. Jazz is a pretty well-respected posterL.A. Jazz is a pretty well-respected posterL.A. Jazz is a pretty well-respected poster

i remember the 2010 finals and thinking about how grounded everyone was. both teams played below the rim and looked old.

it's 2013 now...
L.A. Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:17 PM   #71
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Nash? You mean the guy that's almost forty that wasn't playing more than 20 minutes a game before he came to the Lakers? Best C in the league? Many would disagree with you. With the exception of San Antonio, who will probably choke in the playoffs like they always do, take a look around the NBA and see what the every good team has. Young players. The Lakers are old.

Who is the best center then? Bynum? Is he even playing right now?
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:31 PM   #72
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

BTW - I am rewatching this Kobe's 81-pt game, and I noticed we were playing harder with a lineup of Smush/Kobe/Cook/Odom/Kwame (Luke 6th man) than our current lineup of Nash/Kobe/Artest/Pau/Dwight... Less mistakes too and better defense.. Unbelievable
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:41 PM   #73
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
BTW - I am rewatching this Kobe's 81-pt game, and I noticed we were playing harder with a lineup of Smush/Kobe/Cook/Odom/Kwame (Luke 6th man) than our current lineup of Nash/Kobe/Artest/Pau/Dwight... Less mistakes too and better defense.. Unbelievable

I had the same conversation with my friend today.... back when the team had Smush we played harder.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:20 PM   #74
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Never did I say the players don't deserve some of the blame. Go read through my posts. I did say they need to step up. The problem is when you play for a coach that doesn't motivate you, and has a system that nobody believes in, then you probably aren't going to play your best. You can't honestly believe that with the talent on this team the majority of this is on the players. Hell, Kurt Rambis was on ESPN radio (the Herd) this morning and even said it's not necessarily on the players. By watching a game, understanding players strengths and weaknesses, you can clearly see they aren't being used correctly. Even Kobe Bryant agrees with me!!!!!! Read what he just said. He said he doesn't like where he's getting the ball. It's not working to his strengths. He doesn't like how Pau or Dwight is being used. He doesn't believe they're letting Nash do what he's best at. And you know what??? He's absolutely correct. A good coach takes the players he's given, designs a system to their strengths, and tries to get them to improve on their weaknesses in practice. He doesn't force them into a system (which we've all bashed for years long before he was a Laker anyway) and make them do things they just aren't good at and aren't going to be good at. This isn't even a debate. The Lakers have the best SG, the best C, another one of the best big men, one of the best PG's, and a solid SF. I'm certainly not putting the majority of the blame on guys who were proven to get it done before. I'm at least glad Kobe has finally spoken out. That might actually lead to some change.

Bro.....some folks can't comprehend enough of this very obvious stuff that EVERYONE in the game knows and is saying.....so don't bother with those people, it's useless. Of course you're right!!!!!
I'm just waiting for some dumb@ss to say Jimmy Buss knows what he's doing
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:24 PM   #75
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Bro.....some folks can't comprehend enough of this very obvious stuff that EVERYONE in the game knows and is saying.....so don't bother with those people, it's useless. Of course you're right!!!!!
I'm just waiting for some dumb@ss to say Jimmy Buss knows what he's doing

I hear ya. I try to help the forum and educate the young guys who don't understand the game yet (or perhaps never even played). If someone hasn't played basketball for a while, they don't see the rotations, spacing, picks, and overall strategy the same way. I get that. I really hope there isn't anyone on the board that would defend Jimmy Buss
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: