Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 01-07-2013, 03:45 PM   #46
L.A. Jazz
enjoy '13,hope for '14

L.A. Jazz is a pretty well-respected posterL.A. Jazz is a pretty well-respected posterL.A. Jazz is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: "Antoni and the missing "D"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
DEAL!!!!!!!!
if they offer me Mitch's job, i would think about moving to the States. For now i stay here in the Alps.

L.A. Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:20 PM   #47
daily
I rattle in 5-footers

daily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Not saying it isn't credible, but Stoudemire had his best production under D'Antoni. Thrived in Phoenix. Nash made him look like a superstar.

Im not saying it isn't true. But do you really want to take a negative comment from a guy who has been successful under his own complained about coach, who led them to the WCF on several occasions?

Amare is just talking nonsense. Alvin Gentry begged him to play defense, his current coach Woodson was D'Antoni's defensive coach in NY and his best defensive years were in Phoenix under Frank Johnson a known defensive coach
daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:03 PM   #48
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. Jazz
if they offer me Mitch's job, i would think about moving to the States. For now i stay here in the Alps.

Unfortunately Mitch doesn't hire the coaches.....that's Jimmy's fault
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:44 PM   #49
DKLaker

How did you guys like the Conga Line of Heat Players scoring in the paint?
That was the most pathetic defense I have ever seen in my life, I'm telling you guys, the team has no concept of where to go in any situation and no awareness of rotations.....we very seriously need someone to come in and teach defense. Individually we are good but as a team we are completely lost so every pick & roll, screen, back cut or anything other than 1 on 1 leads to layups if they want them.....my blood would boil if any of my teams played like that for even 3 minutes, I'd put them in defense only 2hr practices for a week.

WTF was 'Antoni thinking when they were trapping Nash at the top?
He was too stupid to know that they were doing it because Pau was his only outlet at the top, 30 feet away from the basket. Pau is no threat for at least another 15 feet after he gets the pass and is slow footed, he cannot make the Heat pay for this. If that was Kobe then they couldn't have trapped Nash. 'Antoni failed to see this, make adjustments or do anything intelligent.

I get mad every game when Dwight has the ball in the post.....do you EVER see anyone cut to the fking basket? Do you ever see anyone move in for a rebound......NO, the other 4 guys just spot up for 3's like a bunch of dummies, just like 'Antoni tells them to do
Did you see how much cutting the Heat did? Guys are constantly moving and getting angles, open opportunities and layups.

I have to be 100% honest, I was extremely impressed by both the offense and especially the defense of the Heat, their rotations were sick, they played together as a team and if they went to help, someone immediately covered their man....unlike what the Lakers do. A lot of the stuff they did is the stuff I coach, in fact it looked at one point that they were running a defense I created 10 years ago....either stolen or just coincidence but my mouth dropped open. They had multiple defenses that threw the Lakers off. I smell Pat Riley's influence in all of this, If Spo is really learning this stuff then he's getting scary good.

If I were 'Antoni I would use tape of that game and copy everything that the Heat did on defense.....the whole thing......in fact I think I saw a couple new things that I want to steal.....need to review it and re-check what i think i saw.

That being said....Fk The Heat, FK Wade, Lebron traitor Allen, Spo and all of them
Old 01-18-2013, 02:58 PM   #50
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker

I have to be 100% honest, I was extremely impressed by both the offense and especially the defense of the Heat, their rotations were sick, they played together as a team and if they went to help, someone immediately covered their man....unlike what the Lakers do. A lot of the stuff they did is the stuff I coach, in fact it looked at one point that they were running a defense I created 10 years ago....either stolen or just coincidence but my mouth dropped open. They had multiple defenses that threw the Lakers off. I smell Pat Riley's influence in all of this, If Spo is really learning this stuff then he's getting scary good.

If I were 'Antoni I would use tape of that game and copy everything that the Heat did on defense.....the whole thing......in fact I think I saw a couple new things that I want to steal.....need to review it and re-check what i think i saw.

That being said....Fk The Heat, FK Wade, Lebron traitor Allen, Spo and all of them

The Heat really look like they are going to repeat. They play well as a team, their defense is nasty, they have great outside shooting, and they have clutch scorers. As much as I hate to say it, they just look amazing right now.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:30 PM   #51
L.A. Jazz
enjoy '13,hope for '14

L.A. Jazz is a pretty well-respected posterL.A. Jazz is a pretty well-respected posterL.A. Jazz is a pretty well-respected poster

Another loss and another step to get MDA fired. because i dont see the Lakers keeping MDA if they miss the playoffs.
L.A. Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:38 PM   #52
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. Jazz
Another loss and another step to get MDA fired. because i dont see the Lakers keeping MDA if they miss the playoffs.

I don't see the Lakers making the playoffs right now. They just look terrible. It doesn't look as if they'll be able to pull of any kind of trade so this is what we're stuck with.
Old 01-20-2013, 03:44 PM   #53
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
I don't see the Lakers making the playoffs right now. They just look terrible. It doesn't look as if they'll be able to pull of any kind of trade so this is what we're stuck with.

my kid loves to play offense but even he knows he has to defend or try to defend if he wants to win the game
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:46 PM   #54
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
my kid loves to play offense but even he knows he has to defend or try to defend if he wants to win the game

It's funny how even children know this but for some reason an experienced NBA coach can't figure it out.....
Old 01-20-2013, 04:17 PM   #55
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:
It's funny how even children know this but for some reason an experienced NBA coach can't figure it out.....

its not on the coach....if they tried to defend and lose...its on coach to change defensive schemes....or even work on defense

but if u see today's game....they didn't even wanted to play the defense....its all on the players if u ask me

Last edited by Lakers_Kobe_Fan : 01-20-2013 at 04:19 PM.
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:46 PM   #56
DKLaker

Quote:
its not on the coach....if they tried to defend and lose...its on coach to change defensive schemes....or even work on defense

but if u see today's game....they didn't even wanted to play the defense....its all on the players if u ask me

Bro....do you realize that no team 'Antoni has ever had has played any defense? You want to blame the players.....really?
Please try to understand, you have to have "A" defensive scheme.....the coach has NONE, never has and never will.....his sole goal is to outscore the other team, win shooting 3's while they get 2's.
You can put together the 5 greatest defensive players of all time and they won't be successful without a system, you have to know who is going to rotate, where and when. This is coaching 101 basics.
Old 01-20-2013, 04:55 PM   #57
daily
I rattle in 5-footers

daily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:58 PM   #58
dd24
College superstar

Quote:

If the players had a coach they wanted to give 100% for then they may try a little harder on the defensive end. Also a coach needs to have a defensive scheme. I don't blame it all on'antoni, the players do need some of it, but I give the most of it to the coach.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:26 AM   #59
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
If the players had a coach they wanted to give 100% for then they may try a little harder on the defensive end. Also a coach needs to have a defensive scheme. I don't blame it all on'antoni, the players do need some of it, but I give the most of it to the coach.

I said before and Ill say it again, this is a freaking team game so everybody on the team needs to take the blame.
In DK's book tho, it's all on the coach esp esp when they lose, not unless Fisher is playing PLUS Pau being so soft etc.
When they win, its all on Kobe....
But yes, watching them play and allowing lay up drills almost every possesion and Mike D' Antoni not even calling timeouts .....
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:08 PM   #60
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
I said before and Ill say it again, this is a freaking team game so everybody on the team needs to take the blame.
In DK's book tho, it's all on the coach esp esp when they lose, not unless Fisher is playing PLUS Pau being so soft etc.
When they win, its all on Kobe....
But yes, watching them play and allowing lay up drills almost every possesion and Mike D' Antoni not even calling timeouts .....

Anyone who disagree knows nothing about coaching at all.....obviously has never coached and is clueless as to 'Antoni's history.

If you don't know then I can't blame you for your misguided thinking.....so think and say what you want.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: