Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-14-2013, 04:36 PM   #151
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: "Antoni and the missing "D"

Here's a great article on McKinney if anyone wants to read it

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...884/index.htm#
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:30 AM   #152
DKLaker

Blown out horribly by the Clippers
It is extremely hard for me to watch such a poor quality of basketball.
I sit there watching guys try to figure out where they should've rotated to and who should pick certain guys up.......there is absolutely no concept of team defense....none at all whatsoever, it's embarrassing to say the least. The team should've at least hired an assistant coach who is a defensive whiz.
This is the worst coached defense in NBA history.....and that's saying a helluva lot. Did I expect this.....YES, this is why from day 1, I called him no "D" 'Antoni.
Oh....and in case you guys don't know this already, Phoenix gets our lottery pick after we miss the playoffs Most teams condition the trade of that pick to protected status but the overconfident Lakers didn't see it as important.

I'm going to limit my viewing of games for the remainder of the season.....win or lose I want to see a properly coached team.
Old 02-15-2013, 01:45 AM   #153
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

That was a very hard game to watch. What gets me is the lack of hustle on both ends of the floor. Has anybody noticed that when Dwight gets a defensive rebound, he gets the ball to the PG like he's supposed to but then he doesn't even try to get down the floor? Essentially the Lakers are playing 4 on 5 when he does that. It gives the other team a help defender which basically makes it easier to double Kobe.

I knew there's no way Nash could guard CP3. Paul has been nothing short of spectacular this season. It really makes you wonder what might have been.... For the defense to give up 125 points is ridiculous. Chauncey Billups played 16 minutes and put up 21 points and he's still not 100%. I could go on and on but it's really not worth it. This team is frustrating to watch.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:21 AM   #154
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
That was a very hard game to watch. What gets me is the lack of hustle on both ends of the floor. Has anybody noticed that when Dwight gets a defensive rebound, he gets the ball to the PG like he's supposed to but then he doesn't even try to get down the floor? Essentially the Lakers are playing 4 on 5 when he does that. It gives the other team a help defender which basically makes it easier to double Kobe.

I knew there's no way Nash could guard CP3. Paul has been nothing short of spectacular this season. It really makes you wonder what might have been.... For the defense to give up 125 points is ridiculous. Chauncey Billups played 16 minutes and put up 21 points and he's still not 100%. I could go on and on but it's really not worth it. This team is frustrating to watch.

Yeah, I was watching Dwight slowly trot down court as if he was a 40 year old Kareem

The notion that this team should be doing anything other than playing half court offense is misguided.

When was the last time Ebanks played more than 5 minutes?
Again, look at what coach Pop is doing in SA, everyone on the team is averaging at least 11 minutes except 1 guy who gets 6. It's rare anyone other than the big 3 doesn't see the floor each game, and that is just for rest or injury. That entire roster is game ready at all times and happy......it means a whole lot to the players and it's one of the reasons that they do so well.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:58 PM   #155
L.A. Jazz
enjoy '13,hope for '14

L.A. Jazz is a pretty well-respected posterL.A. Jazz is a pretty well-respected posterL.A. Jazz is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Here's a great article on McKinney if anyone wants to read it

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...884/index.htm#

wow, what a great read. thanks.
L.A. Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:25 PM   #156
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't know what happened for this team to look as confused as they did yesterday. Perhaps playing a loaded clippers team truly exposed the lakers and almost every deficiency they have. Perhaps it's just not right to think that this season is revivable in any sense of the word.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:01 PM   #157
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I don't know what happened for this team to look as confused as they did yesterday. Perhaps playing a loaded clippers team truly exposed the lakers and almost every deficiency they have. Perhaps it's just not right to think that this season is revivable in any sense of the word.

Yeah.....it's just not going to happen this season. Let's hope for the necessary change to be made before next season.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:16 PM   #158
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Yeah.....it's just not going to happen this season. Let's hope for the necessary change to be made before next season.
I agree with what you're thinking, but I want to add a few more necessary changes to that as well.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:20 PM   #159
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak

its the recent BS system they have....where our

SG is passing
PG is shooting
Center who doesnt play defense/rebound
a SF who doesnt defend sh!t, thinks he is magic johnson on offense
a PF who started to get playing time right now

a pg off the bench who can create shots for others
a scrub off the bench who is either hot or just garbage
a pf who is good cutting but cant play defense if his life is depended on it

our rotation who is fcuking as hell...dont know why both nash/kobe are both sitting on the bench to start the 4th and are on bench 4mins into the 4th

where the fcuk there is no energy, passion, hustle in this team? i have been saying this since Phil's last year....
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:22 PM   #160
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I agree. This team truly looks like it will miss the playoffs this year. It baffles me because Kobe and Howard surrounded by decent players should make the playoffs no problem. This team is obviously very messed up so it's going to take some moves this offseason to fix it. Too bad there's no first round pick this year.....
Old 02-15-2013, 04:24 PM   #161
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan

where the fcuk there is no energy, passion, hustle in this team? i have been saying this since Phil's last year....

Besides Kobe it looks like the team has given up.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:47 PM   #162
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
I agree. This team truly looks like it will miss the playoffs this year. It baffles me because Kobe and Howard surrounded by decent players should make the playoffs no problem. This team is obviously very messed up so it's going to take some moves this offseason to fix it. Too bad there's no first round pick this year.....

I dont want the lakers to build around howard..when it goes south...his energy ruins the locker room....u need your leader when the going gets tough.....

better trade him now....when you can...get someone like JHarden from Houston.....

he looks like a superstar you want to build around
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:00 PM   #163
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
I dont want the lakers to build around howard..when it goes south...his energy ruins the locker room....u need your leader when the going gets tough.....

better trade him now....when you can...get someone like JHarden from Houston.....

he looks like a superstar you want to build around

I don't think you build around any one person unless they're Durant, Kobe, or Lebron. If you trade Howard for a guard, then you still need a big guy. For any team to win a championship they need a big time guard and a solid big guy. Howard is about as solid as they come. Getting a guy like James Harden makes no sense to me. He's not a guy that is going to lead a team to a championship. If he was that great OKC would've let Russell Westbrook go and they would've kept Harden. He wasn't even a starter on that team. Besides, the Lakers have Kobe. They play the same position. Kobe will be around for a few years. There's no reason to address the SG position until Kobe retires.

If the Lakers were to trade Howard it would be for another servicable big, and draft picks. They definitely wouldn't be getting equal value in the trade. I don't think trading Howard is the answer. I think he's about as good of a 2nd scoring option as you can have for a championship caliber team. He'll never be that #1 option because he can't shoot a free throw, so he needs someone like Kobe around to finish games. That Magic team that went to the finals was not as talented as this Lakers team. That tells me there's far more going on here.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:47 PM   #164
DKLaker

How would you guys feel about Howard for Dirk?
I'm just throwing a name out there, I haven't even thought it out myself
Old 02-15-2013, 06:49 PM   #165
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
How would you guys feel about Howard for Dirk?
I'm just throwing a name out there, I haven't even thought it out myself

Wouldn't ever happen. Cuban would never let Dirk go, even for a player who is potentially better at this point. One thing he does is take care of the guys who have been loyal to him.

Hypothetically if he would go for it, I wouldn't do it. I do think the team would be better with Dirk on the perimeter and Gasol in the post. But that would only last for about a season and we'd be left wondering what to do again. I think for the long term we either have to keep Howard or hope we get some really good draft picks for him.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: