Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-13-2013, 11:16 PM   #136
tamaraw08
National High School Star

Default Re: "Antoni and the missing "D"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
I read all of those posts. I was highly amused by the back-and-forth, and it was worth the laughs lol. If you were offended by the posts, you should have simply pm'ed the two parties to stop or take it to pm.

Just don't go as far as soCal/gts sometimes did. They often deleted legit posts in past even if the post had even a little bit of any sort of attack. People used to have long arguments with gts, and both sides (including gts) would sometimes get personal. I called out gts on it in pm once for hypocrisy.

Ahh, the great GTS, I didn't mind him, always felt he was smart and objective until...yes, I got into an intense debate with him and yes I felt offended by his insults. There was a time too that he deleted my post which I felt was legit, I Pm'ed him and asked him whats the deal but he couldn't find my post.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:26 PM   #137
tamaraw08
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
I appreciate you bro
Again, the people on here that think it was 'Antoni who decided to slow it down really don't understand the history of the coach......If you know his history you have to understand that he was forced to slow it down by others.

See.
I was about to say " I noticed the Lakers slowed down the pace" then I realize this will be about my opinion on the matter so guess what?
I quoted Jeff Van Gundy! and still here you are saying people on "here".

I don't know Mike D'Antoni personally, but I really think these guys also recognize their own mistakes, heck even Phil Jackson lamented on his blunders, even writing some of it on one of his books.
But hey, I guess you know him more and you know some people inside, right?
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:51 PM   #138
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I got PM's from posters that were watching complaining about it. This wasn't done for my own gratification by any means. ISH guidelines ask that we be respectful as well.

Why do posters have to be softer than Pau lol I didn't see anything that was bad, but if people complained you gotta do what you gotta do. I would hope people aren't that over sensitive.....
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:17 AM   #139
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
See.
I was about to say " I noticed the Lakers slowed down the pace" then I realize this will be about my opinion on the matter so guess what?
I quoted Jeff Van Gundy! and still here you are saying people on "here".

I don't know Mike D'Antoni personally, but I really think these guys also recognize their own mistakes, heck even Phil Jackson lamented on his blunders, even writing some of it on one of his books.
But hey, I guess you know him more and you know some people inside, right?

I think I was actually only referring to your comments about Magic Johnson but...yeah,
'Antoni has been a one trick pony his entire career, he has never been flexible and has gotten fired over his refusal to change.......to think that suddenly he is doing what he doesn't believe in on his own is......naive.

If you suddenly see the team playing great defense it won't be because of him either......I know more about nuclear physics than he knows about defense.

I think Kobe wanted control of the ball to not only make assists but to be able to control and slow the pace.

Again......don't believe everything you hear on TV.

Last edited by DKLaker : 02-14-2013 at 12:23 AM.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:36 AM   #140
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
Ahh, the great GTS, I didn't mind him, always felt he was smart and objective until...yes, I got into an intense debate with him and yes I felt offended by his insults. There was a time too that he deleted my post which I felt was legit, I Pm'ed him and asked him whats the deal but he couldn't find my post.

lol i had the same thing with socalmike....had an argument about my posts over PM...and then over some email exchanges....he let me be
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:38 AM   #141
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
I think I was actually only referring to your comments about Magic Johnson but...yeah,
'Antoni has been a one trick pony his entire career, he has never been flexible and has gotten fired over his refusal to change.......to think that suddenly he is doing what he doesn't believe in on his own is......naive.

If you suddenly see the team playing great defense it won't be because of him either......I know more about nuclear physics than he knows about defense.

I think Kobe wanted control of the ball to not only make assists but to be able to control and slow the pace.

Again......don't believe everything you hear on TV.

how much 1 person can brag and brag and brag about himself is beyond my imagination...& that too on an internet forum
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:28 AM   #142
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
how much 1 person can brag and brag and brag about himself is beyond my imagination...& that too on an internet forum

I'm not trying to take any sides here, but reading that it's pretty easy to tell that he's saying he doesn't know anything about nuclear physics, which is more than 'antoni knows about defense. There's no bragging there. We all need to get along on this forum again There's a lot of stuff that gets posted that's meant to be fecicious but people are trying to read into stuff way too much lately. The funny thing is we all agree that 'antoni isn't a good coach and somehow we're debating something we all agree on
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:38 AM   #143
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
I'm not trying to take any sides here, but reading that it's pretty easy to tell that he's saying he doesn't know anything about nuclear physics, which is more than 'antoni knows about defense. There's no bragging there. We all need to get along on this forum again There's a lot of stuff that gets posted that's meant to be fecicious but people are trying to read into stuff way too much lately. The funny thing is we all agree that 'antoni isn't a good coach and somehow we're debating something we all agree on

Yeah, Nuclear Physics.......I know enough to fill an entire paragraph on a page......lol.....meaning damn near nothing.

People need to chill and not get their panties in a bunch
Some folks act like 'Antoni is their momma the way they defend him

It's all good, I do like everyone on here and I'm sure we all want the team to win. No matter what gets said I don't ever hold a grudge

Last edited by DKLaker : 02-14-2013 at 01:51 AM.
Old 02-14-2013, 02:19 AM   #144
mr sax
Kids at the park dunk on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
I read all of those posts. I was highly amused by the back-and-forth, and it was worth the laughs lol. If you were offended by the posts, you should have simply pm'ed the two parties to stop or take it to pm.

Just don't go as far as soCal/gts sometimes did. They often deleted legit posts in past even if the post had even a little bit of any sort of attack. People used to have long arguments with gts, and both sides (including gts) would sometimes get personal. I called out gts on it in pm once for hypocrisy.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I certainly did. It got real weird though when DK said he was serious about the fact that if his daughter brought home a guy that she was serious about who was a Celtic fan that he would not be welcome in his house. I find it hard to believe that any father would do that to his daughter (or son) based on a basketball team. I mean, who would let their life be dictated by a bunch of athletes who probably have trouble spelling their own names? It's unbelievable....
mr sax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:25 AM   #145
mr sax

Quote:

Yeah, Nuclear Physics.......I know enough to fill an entire paragraph on a page......lol.....meaning damn near nothing.

People need to chill and not get their panties in a bunch
Some folks act like 'Antoni is their momma the way they defend him

It's all good, I do like everyone on here and I'm sure we all want the team to win. No matter what gets said I don't ever hold a grudge

Do you even like me?? C'mon...

BTW, I have never defended D'Antoni or Mike Brown for that matter. To me basketball (or any other sport) is a game that doesn't have any impact on my life no matter who wins or loses. If the Lakers win, I still have to go to work. If the Lakers lose, I still have to go to work.
Old 02-14-2013, 02:43 AM   #146
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr sax
Do you even like me?? C'mon...

BTW, I have never defended D'Antoni or Mike Brown for that matter. To me basketball (or any other sport) is a game that doesn't have any impact on my life no matter who wins or loses. If the Lakers win, I still have to go to work. If the Lakers lose, I still have to go to work.

I have no problem with you. I do wish you would spend more time giving sensible basketball conversation......if you can't, I would be puzzled as to why you are in a basketball forum emotions......lol, that was a funny one I must say

Hey, I am me and I only speak the truth......so if I won't wear green or welcome a Celtics fan in my home, I have the right to do so If that bothers anyone on here I really don't care.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:53 AM   #147
mr sax

Quote:
I have no problem with you. I do wish you would spend more time giving sensible basketball conversation......if you can't, I would be puzzled as to why you are in a basketball forum emotions......lol, that was a funny one I must say

Hey, I am me and I only speak the truth......so if I won't wear green or welcome a Celtics fan in my home, I have the right to do so If that bothers anyone on here I really don't care.

You need help.
Old 02-14-2013, 02:11 PM   #148
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr sax
You need help.

And you are in a basketball forum but can't talk basketball
Old 02-14-2013, 03:32 PM   #149
L.A. Jazz
enjoy '13,hope for '14

DK, has there ever been another Lakers coach worse than MDA since the 60s? or maybe give us the 3 worst in your opinion.

(we have time for this because this team wont make any positive noise soon)
L.A. Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:23 PM   #150
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. Jazz
DK, has there ever been another Lakers coach worse than MDA since the 60s? or maybe give us the 3 worst in your opinion.

(we have time for this because this team wont make any positive noise soon)

In my opinion 'Antoni is by far the worst coach in Lakers History

The next 3 just off the top of my head.....and mind you, 2 of these guys have legitimate excuses;

Frank Hamblen (Interim) Pitiful guy, good assistant not ready to coach.

Kurt Rambis (Interim) Got thrown in and had absolutely no idea how to coach.

Mike Brown......I don't need to say a word

Randy Pfund.....worst Lakers coach ever until 'Antoni...another guy who was a good assistant but absolutely no head coaching skills. Yes, worse than Mike Brown.

On a separate note, I'm not sure if you guys know about Jack McKinney who coached the Lakers at the start of Magic's first season in 1979. The team looked great and were winning when the coach almost died in a bicycle accident in Palos Verdes....I think that is where it happened? He couldn't recover enough to coach so Paul Westhead took over and won the championship and went on from there until Magic got him fired.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: