Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 02-14-2013, 06:45 PM   #1
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Dr. Buss in Hospital.....dosen't look good.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sports...,6683573.story

This maybe the end to our franchise people. Jim Buss is destroying everything.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:00 PM   #2
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: Dr. Buss in Hospital.....dosen't look good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisoner
http://www.latimes.com/sports/sports...,6683573.story

This maybe the end to our franchise people. Jim Buss is destroying everything.

I wish the best for Dr. Buss & hope he recovers.......I hope before he dies he gives full control to Jeanie.....it's the only chance we have.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:37 PM   #3
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Heard he has some kind of cancer. Nash said he visited Buss and had long basketball talk with him. even he says Buss is fighting something big

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...r-hospitalized

I guess he is getting up there in age. Cancer is tough fight for anyone, hopefully he gets better soon.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:34 AM   #4
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

This team is doing nothing for his health.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:22 PM   #5
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

At some point the body cannot fight to defend itself anymore. Jerry Buss is a man who earned his territory. When he became king of the jungle, he didnt abuse his power as an NBA owner, but made sure that laker fans everywhere appreciated the team he brought to the top on an annual basis. For that we thank him, and we hope that he can recover. But if not, this is just his time.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:38 PM   #6
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

At his age it would be incredibly difficult to battle cancer. I hope for the best, but realistically this doesn't sound like a good situation. I agree with DKLaker. Let's hope he gives Jeanie the majority of the power. This could be the end of an era for the Lakers. Without Dr. Buss and with Kobe on his way out it might be rebuilding over again, but this time with Jimmy running things.... that's means a long time of rebuilding. There was something they were talking about on ESPN before and that was what happens in California when someone passes away that owns a business like this. There was some kind of law about how bad the taxes are or something like that. I can't remember exactly what it was but it would hurt the Lakers very bad financially, which is part of the reason they have all these contracts that fall off in 2014. Let's hope Dr. Buss is able to recover.
dd24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:13 PM   #7
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
At his age it would be incredibly difficult to battle cancer. I hope for the best, but realistically this doesn't sound like a good situation. I agree with DKLaker. Let's hope he gives Jeanie the majority of the power. This could be the end of an era for the Lakers. Without Dr. Buss and with Kobe on his way out it might be rebuilding over again, but this time with Jimmy running things.... that's means a long time of rebuilding. There was something they were talking about on ESPN before and that was what happens in California when someone passes away that owns a business like this. There was some kind of law about how bad the taxes are or something like that. I can't remember exactly what it was but it would hurt the Lakers very bad financially, which is part of the reason they have all these contracts that fall off in 2014. Let's hope Dr. Buss is able to recover.
i read about this the other day, the death tax. owner ship can borrow money against the time warner deal tho supposedly so it's not a huge deal.
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:44 AM   #8
Mgamer20o0
Great young streetballer

Mgamer20o0 has decent reputationMgamer20o0 has decent reputation

hate to be talking about taxes but i am sure they have prepared for it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estate_..._United_States

i heard about it the other day about things not looking good. i hope for his peace of mind and as little pain as possible.
Mgamer20o0 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: