Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 12-08-2012, 12:05 AM   #1
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

Default "Antoni and the missing "D"

Giving up 40 points in a quarter for the 2nd time in 1 week
If you asked him he would simply say "We have to shoot better and score more points" After watching him and Mike Brown, it is very clear we are finding ways to waste $4 million. Our only chance is to hire someone to run the defense....if the coach allows him to. What happened to the much speculated Nate McMillan hiring? Oh well, guess we have to try to enjoy pickup basketball level defense or worse and an early playoff exit.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:34 AM   #2
DKLaker

Default Re: "Antoni and the missing "D"

I'm starting to wonder if 'Antoni can even make it through this season without being fired. Told you all they hired the wrong guy....we may as well have kept Mike Brown!!!! You know who looks good now......Bernie
Jimmy Buss is going to have to get on his knees to get Phil back for $16 million now....his price is going up daily!!!!!
Old 12-10-2012, 02:37 PM   #3
DKLaker

Old 12-10-2012, 09:17 PM   #4
kkinchen
High school junior varsity star

He is right that when Nash comes back all of this is gonna go away. The Lakers defensive problems are actually starting with their lack of offensive balance.

When Nash comes back he will feed the bigs more, and therefore we wont always be a step behind in transition because even when we do miss shots there wont be long rebounds to where opposing teams can just outrun us in transition. I do believe that Nash is the solution to our problems if he comes back and stays back healthy.
kkinchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:34 PM   #5
dd24
College superstar

I was wondering what happened with the McMillan thing too. I don't know how this is going to work without a solid assistant like him at 'antoni's side. When all this went down, the only reason I had optimism was because McMillan was rumored to be coming here too (he actually should've been the head coach long before 'antoni).

Here's the other thing that scares me.... everybody seems to think as soon as Nash comes back everything is going to be ok. I'm not so certain of that yet. The Lakers have always struggled at PG for years and years. They still were able to put up really good records and even win championships. This season we get an upgrade at C, some better bench pieces, and all the sudden they aren't winning games??? There's more than just Nash running the offense going on.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:27 PM   #6
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkinchen
He is right that when Nash comes back all of this is gonna go away. The Lakers defensive problems are actually starting with their lack of offensive balance.

When Nash comes back he will feed the bigs more, and therefore we wont always be a step behind in transition because even when we do miss shots there wont be long rebounds to where opposing teams can just outrun us in transition. I do believe that Nash is the solution to our problems if he comes back and stays back healthy.

What the hell are you talking about
'Antoni has said repeatedly over this year and his entire career that he is not a post offense guy, he doesn't want post play, he loves the 3 ball.
What you are saying would make sense if we had a different coach.....with Nash it will not look and different on defense....we will just score more points.

Quote:
“I want him to be comfortable,” D’Antoni said of Gasol. “I’m good with his talent. He has a lot of skills. But I’m not big on pounding the ball inside. That’s not what we do. Right or wrong.”
KK.......please read and understand what the coach is doing and saying.....it's never going to change, you can look at every team he coached and it's been the exact same thing......no post game!!!!

Last edited by DKLaker : 12-10-2012 at 11:34 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:03 AM   #7
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Quote:

when nash comes back we will be much worse defensively....nash is 1 of the worst defensive players in this league even if he has won 2 MVP's

Mike D'Antoni said in his 1st press conference that post play is one of the worst plays in the game and he does NOT like it...

he needs to adjust to his 2 big guys otherwise we will be in big trouble...
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:43 PM   #8
kkinchen
High school junior varsity star

Mark my words. Nash is the solution to our defensive problems. When he comes back we will be a better defensive team because we will be more efficient and balanced offensively, thus giving ourselves a chance to get back and play defense.

I am right about this. If I am wrong about this then you mr. dklaker can lead my "digital stoning" and ban me from this forum for life.

I predict that that 20 games into Nash's return we will win at least 14 of those games. If I am wrong you can ban from this forum. And take note of the defensive stats when he returns.

Last edited by kkinchen : 12-11-2012 at 03:49 PM.
kkinchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:58 PM   #9
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Mark my words. Nash is the solution to our defensive problems. When he comes back we will be a better defensive team because we will be more efficient and balanced offensively, thus giving ourselves a chance to get back and play defense.

I am right about this. If I am wrong about this then you mr. dklaker can lead my "digital stoning" and ban me from this forum for life.

I predict that that 20 games into Nash's return we will win at least 14 of those games. If I am wrong you can ban from this forum. And take note of the defensive stats when he returns.

I don't think anybody would want to ban you from the forum. They should be an over .500 team with Nash. It's not going to correct the defensive problems when he comes back though. One could make the debate that Nash is the worst defensive PG in the NBA. Even 'antoni said they won't be a better defensive team when Nash comes back.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:04 PM   #10
DKLaker

Quote:

Nah, kk, I have always had your back....even got in very heated PM wars over it with the clowns who were abusing people on here......thankfully they are gone. Everyone is entitled to their opinion....for better or worse.
The only thing that everyone can agree on is the desired final result...a championship

But.....There is no way shape or form that Nash will improve our defense.....he has never improved any team's defense, not even when he was young. You are expecting a penguin to fly.....lol.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:08 PM   #11
L.A. Jazz
enjoy '13,hope for '14

just watching the first half vs the Cavs and it`s just brutal. absolutely no D, no offensive style (Meeks, MWP and Jamison are shooting everytime, Kobe isos everytime, everyone else looks lost), again missing alot of FTs. and then the turnovers... every fault you can make, the Lakers make. i have never seen so much crap from a Lakers team.

L.A. Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:15 PM   #12
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. Jazz
just watching the first half vs the Cavs and it`s just brutal. absolutely no D, no offensive style (Meeks, MWP and Jamison are shooting everytime, Kobe isos everytime, everyone else looks lost), again missing alot of FTs. and then the turnovers... every fault you can make, the Lakers make. i have never seen so much crap from a Lakers team.

We signed 'Antoni to a freaking 4 year contract....WHY?????
It's obvious that he's going to get fired before this season ends......hey, him even making it to Christmas is starting to be in doubt.
I hope they can do a buyout.
Even Mike Brown is laughing now.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:28 PM   #13
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

its just so embarrassing to watch the lakers right now...pathetic..

the NBA is young.....they are going to fcuking RUN the lakers out of the building all day ....every day...

I want my money back you mutha fcuking son of a b!tch Jim freaking $189
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:29 PM   #14
bladefd
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Nah, kk, I have always had your back....even got in very heated PM wars over it with the clowns who were abusing people on here......thankfully they are gone. Everyone is entitled to their opinion....for better or worse.
The only thing that everyone can agree on is the desired final result...a championship

But.....There is no way shape or form that Nash will improve our defense.....he has never improved any team's defense, not even when he was young. You are expecting a penguin to fly.....lol.

I think kk is talking not of nash directly improving our defense but indirectly doing it by pumping up the rest of the team. By being a better team on the offensive end with nash, it would make the team much more comfortable than they are right now. By being more comfortable mentally and physically, it would allow them to focus much better on both ends of the floor (include defense).. so indirectly, nash would improve our defense by improving our morale as a floor general

is that what you're saying, kk? let me know if I interpreted it incorrectly ;p
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:38 AM   #15
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
I think kk is talking not of nash directly improving our defense but indirectly doing it by pumping up the rest of the team. By being a better team on the offensive end with nash, it would make the team much more comfortable than they are right now. By being more comfortable mentally and physically, it would allow them to focus much better on both ends of the floor (include defense).. so indirectly, nash would improve our defense by improving our morale as a floor general

is that what you're saying, kk? let me know if I interpreted it incorrectly ;p

If that is what he means he is just as wrong. We have no idea how the coach wants defense played as a team.....because he doesn't give a crap about defense. This is why our rotations are so embarrassingly bad, nobody knows where they are supposed to be or what style they are playing.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: