Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-10-2012, 07:01 AM   #61
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: F*ck you, Pelicans are Awesome: A Defense of the NBA's Best New Team Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodman91
I think it's one of the best. Easy to remember and say..also basketball related.

Maybe New Orleans should just change their name to "Balls" then by that take.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:30 AM   #62
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: F*ck you, Pelicans are Awesome: A Defense of the NBA's Best New Team Name

I love the name.
JohnnySic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:33 AM   #63
hon
DURAS

hon has decent reputation

Nice...
hon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:16 AM   #64
Nero Tulip
Local High School Star

Nero Tulip has decent reputation

Great article, and the video at the end is ****ing epic.
Nero Tulip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:29 AM   #65
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

HardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertdeMeijer
A friend of mine suggested:
New Orleans Voodoo

I like it, but I wonder if voodoo is too evil/politically incorrect for some people.

That is probably the most badass suggestion I've heard (I like Looters too). It may offend some, but they should have taken the chance to stir some controversy.
HardwoodLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:54 PM   #66
tomtucker
Banned

tomtucker has not been impressing people

make a Voodoo logo.......
tomtucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:06 PM   #67
IamRAMBO24
College star

IamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by jl1718
Never understood why Memphis kept the Grizzlies name. Perfect name for them is the Blues. Phoenix is AKA valley of the sun. Cavaliers I assume is based on Ohio's french roots.

That's horrible. Do you know what that would do to team mentality if they are known as the "Blues."

That's like calling a team the "Gloomies" or "Losers."
IamRAMBO24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:08 PM   #68
IamRAMBO24
College star

IamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Should of named it the "Titantic," y'know for the time the city literally sunk during Katrina.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:09 PM   #69
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

HardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
That's horrible. Do you know what that would do to team mentality if they are known as the "Blues."

That's like calling a team the "Gloomies" or "Losers."

Doesn't seem to affect the St. Louis Blues in the NHL. I'd like them to be called the Memphis Blue Notes though just to give a little distinction.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:10 PM   #70
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtucker
make a Voodoo logo.......

I'm not skilled with graphics, but it could be something similar to this clock or medicine man.

Old 12-10-2012, 01:17 PM   #71
IamRAMBO24
College star

How about the "Walmart Looters" (Katrina) or the "Inbreds" (y'know to represent the Cajun south).
Old 12-10-2012, 01:23 PM   #72
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfGang
Only tourist use the word "Crayfish." Down here we call them shits crawfish.

I know.....I typed in Crawfish first and got a red spell check and changed it I haven't even heard any other tourist use CRAY in the 20 years I've been going there....lol. I have a big basket of boiled crawfish in the morning along with a bloody mary after drinking all night
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:24 PM   #73
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax17
They should really play Assassins Creed III, I fear it's the only way kids will learn some (distorted) history

Isn't it sad.....true, but sad
Old 12-10-2012, 01:28 PM   #74
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertdeMeijer
A friend of mine suggested:
New Orleans Voodoo

I like it, but I wonder if voodoo is too evil/politically incorrect for some people.

Voodoo is actually one of the best names....but yeah, it's not P.C.
Mascot would be awesome!!!!
Old 12-10-2012, 01:34 PM   #75
IamRAMBO24
College star

I say the "Flippers" to represent the only job they can get after hurricane Katrina: flipping burgers.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: