Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-09-2012, 04:12 PM   #46
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

HardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: F*ck you, Pelicans are Awesome: A Defense of the NBA's Best New Team Name

OKC Bulls
Chicago Lawyers

@ these team name reassignments
HardwoodLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:58 PM   #47
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: F*ck you, Pelicans are Awesome: A Defense of the NBA's Best New Team Name

Jeez people 76'ers = 1776.....you know.....declaration of independence, Independence Hall is in Philadelphia ......American Revolution..... Did most of the people on here fail history miserably?????

Magic is a great name inspired by Disney World in Orlando aka, "The Magic Kingdom"

Trail Blazers....yes, Oregon Trail.....again U.S History. Great name.

The Suns......if you ever went to Phoenix during the summer the only thing you would think of is the Sun because its always 110-119 degrees.

Cavalier is a mounted Knight, it is regal and majestic...and yes, Knights were tough.

Spurs....great name considering the area......spurs can really hurt you and they are a tough piece of gear. You couldn't name them the Alamos or the Boones....or the smelly Riverwalk.

I really WISH Utah would give the Jazz name back to N.O, it fits there and has never fit in Utah.....never will fit there.....they need something cold, mountainous or mormon

Pelicans is just idiotic, I have spent a great amount of time in New Orleans and have never spent a second thinking about Pelicans nor does anyone give a crap. Cajuns is great, Gators....tasty, yes I ate some. Crayfish, Oysters, Po-Boys Bourbons.....Hurricanes are delicious drinks. Sinners...hey, now there is a name for you....if you have been to Bourbon Street then you get the sinners reference.....not to mention it counters the Saints Football team.....lol (just kidding with this )

Maybe they will just reconsider the whole thing and name them "Sterns"
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:30 PM   #48
madmax17
Decent playground baller

madmax17 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Jeez people 76'ers = 1776.....you know.....declaration of independence, Independence Hall is in Philadelphia ......American Revolution..... Did most of the people on here fail history miserably?????

They should really play Assassins Creed III, I fear it's the only way kids will learn some (distorted) history
madmax17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:07 PM   #49
WolfGang
I hit open 5-footers

WolfGang has not been impressing people

Only tourist use the word "Crayfish." Down here we call them shits crawfish.
WolfGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:17 PM   #50
jl1718
I brick open layups

jl1718 has an OK reputation so far

Never understood why Memphis kept the Grizzlies name. Perfect name for them is the Blues. Phoenix is AKA valley of the sun. Cavaliers I assume is based on Ohio's french roots.
jl1718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:54 PM   #51
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfGang
Only tourist use the word "Crayfish." Down here we call them shits crawfish.

Growing up in Oregon, we called them crawdads.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:56 PM   #52
Myth

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Does anybody else feel like the name "Nets" is by far the worst in the NBA? I'm thinking the only reason they didn't change it when moving to Brooklyn is to maintain some of the already present Nets fan base, but hopefully in 3-5 years or so, they change it to something else.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:41 PM   #53
widowmaker
I hit open layups

widowmaker has an OK reputation so far

It's comical to see all these people sugest "Cajuns" like it's supeior to Pelicans. Cajuns are the rural people outside of New Orleans. There are as many Pelicans in New Orleans as there are Cajuns.
widowmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:58 PM   #54
TaLvsCuaL
Bandwagoner 100%

TaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTaLvsCuaL is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by widowmaker
It's comical to see all these people sugest "Cajuns" like it's supeior to Pelicans. Cajuns are the rural people outside of New Orleans. There are as many Pelicans in New Orleans as there are Cajuns.
Why not both?

Go Cajun Pelicans!!!
TaLvsCuaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:03 PM   #55
Myth

Is New Orleans Looters not an option?
Old 12-10-2012, 05:20 AM   #56
rodman91
Bulls

rodman91 has a terrific reputationrodman91 has a terrific reputationrodman91 has a terrific reputationrodman91 has a terrific reputationrodman91 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Does anybody else feel like the name "Nets" is by far the worst in the NBA? I'm thinking the only reason they didn't change it when moving to Brooklyn is to maintain some of the already present Nets fan base, but hopefully in 3-5 years or so, they change it to something else.

I think it's one of the best. Easy to remember and say..also basketball related.
rodman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:01 AM   #57
tomtucker
Prince of Wallachia

tomtucker is popular on this boardtomtucker is popular on this boardtomtucker is popular on this boardtomtucker is popular on this board

The New Orleans Tsunami.........
tomtucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:25 AM   #58
RobertdeMeijer
Serious playground baller

RobertdeMeijer has an OK reputation so far

A friend of mine suggested:
New Orleans Voodoo

I like it, but I wonder if voodoo is too evil/politically incorrect for some people.
RobertdeMeijer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:33 AM   #59
tomtucker
Prince of Wallachia

tomtucker is popular on this boardtomtucker is popular on this boardtomtucker is popular on this boardtomtucker is popular on this board

"F*ck you, Pelicans are Awesome.".....No, fukk you....only donuts are awesome
Old 12-10-2012, 07:38 AM   #60
tomtucker
Prince of Wallachia

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertdeMeijer
A friend of mine suggested:
New Orleans Voodoo

I like it, but I wonder if voodoo is too evil/politically incorrect for some people.
Epiphany Proudfoot approves that idea........
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: