Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-07-2012, 06:24 PM   #1
guy
Very good NBA starter

Default ITN: Wilt over Shaq as a Laker?

I think Shaq purposefully was trying not to include himself. But how the hell does Chuck and Kenny leave him out, with Chuck saying hes not even close? Do they not know their history or are they bitter cause they have to work with him and he's a horrible analyst?

Shaq played there longer and won more there then Wilt. How is that even a debate?

This isn't a good reason, but I can see why Shaq seems so insecure. IMO he might be the most overlooked and underrated GOAT-like player ever by the media at least. And if he's not, I think he will definitely be in like 10 years or so. Whenever these lists come up he's always given the worst end.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:33 PM   #2
La Frescobaldi
I brick nerf balls

Default Re: ITN: Wilt over Shaq as a Laker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy
I think Shaq purposefully was trying not to include himself. But how the hell does Chuck and Kenny leave him out, with Chuck saying hes not even close? Do they not know their history or are they bitter cause they have to work with him and he's a horrible analyst?

Shaq played there longer and won more there then Wilt. How is that even a debate?

This isn't a good reason, but I can see why Shaq seems so insecure. IMO he might be the most overlooked and underrated GOAT-like player ever by the media at least. And if he's not, I think he will definitely be in like 10 years or so. Whenever these lists come up he's always given the worst end.
Got a quote or a link or a video? what list
La Frescobaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:38 PM   #3
guy
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Frescobaldi
Got a quote or a link or a video? what list

Inside the nba last night. You can find it on nba.com. They all did a list of top 5 lakers ever, and no one had Shaq.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:39 PM   #4
avonbarksdale
meat mountain

shaq handles himself so poorly and is such an idiot, its hard for casual fans to consider him better than kobe considering kobe is professional etc while shaq is the butt of jokes and is constantly saying dumb things and making a fool of himself on tv, making rap songs etc

i know this thread isn't about if kobe is better than shaq and i'm not trying to make it that - just giving an example of why people are underestimating shaq's goat status
avonbarksdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:40 PM   #5
tikay0
Banned

I remember watching that part, and thinking one of them should of added Shaq in there. Regardless of his douche baggery. He definitely deserves to be in top 5.
tikay0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:13 PM   #6
La Frescobaldi
I brick nerf balls

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy
Inside the nba last night. You can find it on nba.com. They all did a list of top 5 lakers ever, and no one had Shaq.

Shaq was being polite.

Kenny probly did what he thought.

Charles said he picked Elgin over Wilt because, he said Wilt came from another team.... but yet he had Kareem on there. He's being spiteful because O'Neal is sitting there on the set.

That's how I see it
La Frescobaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:45 PM   #7
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Frescobaldi
Shaq was being polite.

Kenny probly did what he thought.

Charles said he picked Elgin over Wilt because, he said Wilt came from another team.... but yet he had Kareem on there. He's being spiteful because O'Neal is sitting there on the set.

That's how I see it

I think he just thought of Wilt as a Philly guy, both Warriors and 76ers. And I think he realized that Wilt wasn't there for long. I don't think Kenny was fully aware that Shaq was there so much longer and Shaq's prime was there.

But as much as I hate Shaq, he does have to be #5. He was better than Baylor and was there 8 years. They won 2 -I mean 3- titles.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:48 PM   #8
LamarOdom
Banned

I saw that and the whole show was stupid last night but to not go off topic Magic or Kobe should be first on all lists and Shaq should w/o doubt be top 5.

Barkley always acting butthurt.
LamarOdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:08 PM   #9
Micku
NBA lottery pick

I was shocked at that too. Shaq played for the Lakers longer, had his prime with the Lakers, and won more championships with them and more individual accomplishments. He should be over Wilt as a Laker. No question. I think he is being left out because it's too soon for them to really think about it.

Shaq was trying to be humble. It's probably the unwritten rule about players. Sometimes they won't say what they really feel on who they think is better.

But yeah, I think Kenny and Barkley didn't really think about it all that much and gave it a full analysis. Either that, or they didn't want to boast Shaq's ego than what it is already.
Micku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:02 AM   #10
senelcoolidge
Good college starter

Wilt played most of his career in Philly. So I can understand how he could be off the top 5 lakers ever. He also became a laker at the end of his career even though he was still incredible defensively.
senelcoolidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:06 AM   #11
rodman91
Bulls

rodman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:10 AM   #12
chazzy
3-time NBA All-Star

Video: http://www.nba.com/video/channels/tn...-the-nba-1.nba
chazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: