Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-07-2012, 09:07 AM   #16
Poetry
High School Starter

Default Re: Teenage Kobe Destroys Prime Gary Payton 1998

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOBE143
Payton D >>>> Jordan D and teenage Kobe destroy him easily.. Just sayin..

How many times did you watch Payton vs Kobe live? Or even at all?

How do you account for Kobe shooting .429, .308, .429, .400, .381, .333, .375, .320, .263, .304, .381, .438, .429, .400, .235 in 28 games vs Payton teams and still believe Kobe dominated Payton? (and mind you, i only listed games where Kobe played 30+ minutes).

Payton also had rough games during that stretch, .400, .391, .313, .409, .375, .333, .421, .389, .400, .200, .300.

I'm just being realistic. You can't say he "destroyed him easily" based on one game.

These are two of my favorite players ever, i'm not going to lie to myself and imply that one outplayed the other if it didn't happen consistently.
Poetry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:11 AM   #17
rodman91
Bulls

1998-99 must be Kobe's 3rd season. Kobe was already at star level and Payton was still good defender but not "the glove" like mid 90's.
rodman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:15 AM   #18
LBJFTW
Duncan>Kobe>Lebron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetry
LoL

I post factual statistics and someone negs me with the following comment:

Go hate somewhere else bitter man. Your agenda is obvious and no one likes you

What agenda lol. Kobe fans can't handle the fact that Payton had the edge? He was called the glove for a reason. You provided solid evidence. A swear, these Kobetartds are getting so insecure as of late. What are they going to do when Kobe retires? Re-invent themselves as KD and Letron stans?
LBJFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:26 AM   #19
Poetry
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJFTW
What agenda lol.

I like Kobe, but i gotta defend my boy GP. The numbers just don't add up and i don't remember Kobe ever outplaying him consistently time after time. I'm sure it happened on occasion, but GP outplayed Kobe on some occasions as well.

As far as the numbers go, ball don't lie. GP edges him out.

I don't know why people are trying to make blanket statements while ignoring the facts.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:32 AM   #20
LBJFTW
Duncan>Kobe>Lebron

Quote:
I don't know why people are trying to make blanket statements while ignoring the facts.

Because people like believe what is untrue because it makes them feel more comfortable. To ignore facts is just plain dumb. Who cares about one game, when as you pointed out, GP had the edge over Kobe when looking at all their match-ups.
LBJFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:33 AM   #21
rodman91
Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJFTW
What agenda lol. Kobe fans can't handle the fact that Payton had the edge? He was called the glove for a reason. You provided solid evidence. A swear, these Kobetartds are getting so insecure as of late. What are they going to do when Kobe retires? Re-invent themselves as KD and Letron stans?

They'll be worse after he retires. They'll re-invent history when less people remember.

I hear Kobe was as good as Shaq (or 1b) in three peat in these days. It would be a crime to say that back in day.
rodman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:37 AM   #22
KOBE143
In GawdBe We Trust

Quote:
I like Kobe, but i gotta defend my boy GP. The numbers just don't add up and i don't remember Kobe ever outplaying him consistently time after time. I'm sure it happened on occasion, but GP outplayed Kobe on some occasions as well.

Blah blah blah... You just hate Kobe.. The OP just post 1 game and you're already here with agenda posting their head to head match up.. No one mentions other games here dude.. Stop hating, just appreciate greatness..
KOBE143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 09:48 AM   #23
Poetry
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOBE143
You just hate Kobe.

I hate Kobe? You're insane, little boy.

I've watched almost every game he's ever played. You weren't even alive when Kobe came into the league.

Kobe loves me more than he loves you. I watched him play when he was in high school. We go way back like Boyz II Men. He knows i'm a true fan. Not like you. Maybe you should take your fandom to South Beach, you're late to the party, son.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:48 AM   #24
Burgz V2
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukballer
Fisher flopping from a young age.

lol i noticed that too, he looked like he got hit by a truck
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:28 AM   #25
KOBE143
In GawdBe We Trust

Quote:

I've watched almost every game he's ever played. You weren't even alive when Kobe came into the league.

Kobe loves me more than he loves you. I watched him play when he was in high school. We go way back like Boyz II Men. He knows i'm a true fan. Not like you. Maybe you should take your fandom to South Beach, you're late to the party, son.
If you're a true fan why go against him.. You disobey one of his ten commandments.. "thou go against thy Gawd will, shall perish." You still have time to repent.. He will still forgive you my brother..
KOBE143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:37 AM   #26
Burgz V2
Good college starter

Quote:

dont feed the troll
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:07 PM   #27
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
Making one of the GOAT defenders look foolish

Payton couldn't even stay in front of him or gaurd him on the block.....and when Kobe postd him for the 5th time in a row....Da Glove had that same look in his eye as Jodan did when Kobe dropped 55 on MJ and sent him to the bench crying

Last edited by AlphaWolf24 : 12-07-2012 at 01:49 PM.
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:13 PM   #28
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodman91
They'll be worse after he retires. They'll re-invent history when less people remember.

I hear Kobe was as good as Shaq (or 1b) in three peat in these days. It would be a crime to say that back in day.

it was?..that's why the biggest sports media outet in the world said Kobe was the best player in the NBA at 21 years old....2001

- that's why the fued started in the first place.....Kobe was already the premeire player and wanted it to be done his way...especially when he ( Kobe) was puttin in Work...meanwhile Snaq was outta shape and hurt his wittle toe
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:19 PM   #29
Mr. Jabbar
Da Real Lambo

Quote:

You are not too late, just repent and all this you speak will be forgiven. Kobe gives you the chance for a fresh new start.
Mr. Jabbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:24 PM   #30
hitmanyr2k
Complete Player

What's with the hyperbole? Destroyed Payton?!? GP is only guarding Kobe 3 times in that entire video Kobe groupies crack me up.
hitmanyr2k is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: