Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 12-04-2012, 07:37 PM   #1
Legend of Josh
Banned

Default I know it's way too early, but let's get some "YES" and "NO" ^ in here already.

Keeping in mind we're the Charlotte Bobcats, a 7-9 start to the season isn't all that bad; in fact, some would argue it's very desirable and satisfactory. I tend to agree with the latter. Hell, considering we're in the Leastern Conference, completing the regular season with a .425ish winning % could potentially land you in the playoffs.

"PLAYOFFS? Talking about playoffs!" - and that brings me to the point of the thread. Yes, it's way too early to make a proper assessment of our team, but share with us your preliminary thoughts on the 'Cats making it into the post season this year. The year the world is supposed to end (12/21/12) !!!!

I'll go ahead and put my $0.02 out there. I'll say we do finish the season as either the 7th or 8th seed, and I'll take it a step further and claim right here, right now, today, we're going to push our 1st round match-up to seven games, and snatch a buzzer-beater in OT to elevate ourselves into the 2nd round for the first time in our franchise's history!

I realize this is a long-shot, but yo, I ain't golfin' here. Bank it. Luck is on our 'Cats side this season, and fate has the likes of someone like Miami, New York, Chicago or Boston packing their bags and paying homage to the new kids on the [playoff] block.

Yes, this is a very left-field, improbable, damn-near impossible prediction, but this franchise is destined to confiscate the respect that's commonly given to other teams and never us. Even if we're talking Atlanta Hawks level respect (which isn't much) we'll take it, and we're overdue!

_____

So, let's have it folks. Your VERY early playoff prediction. Yes or no?
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:17 AM   #2
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Default Re: I know it's way too early, but let's get some "YES" and "NO" ^ in here already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
......So, let's have it folks. Your VERY early playoff prediction. Yes or no?

It's possible that we may squeak our way in. We did it once before. I think it's too early to say but yes I think it's possible.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:36 AM   #3
Legend of Josh
Banned

Default Re: I know it's way too early, but let's get some "YES" and "NO" ^ in here already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady
It's possible that we may squeak our way in. We did it once before. I think it's too early to say but yes I think it's possible.

I can't wait for the day we get into the tournament, and win a series. Then I'll wait another ten or so years until we reach the Eastern Conference Finals. Then an additional quarter century before we make the NBA Finals, and if I'm lucky, just before my 98th birthday, I'll witness the Charlotte Bobcats win their first NBA title.

My great grandson then asks me, "was it worth the wait grand dad?" ... and I'll look over at him, and say "YOU GOT DAMN RIGHT IT WAS!"

... then I'll fall out of my recliner laying there on the floor tongue sticking out no longer breathing as the crowd goes wild on NBC (yes, finally the NBA is back on NBC in the future!) with the team holding up the trophy.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:24 PM   #4
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

I would love and hate if we made the playoffs. I'd love it because this team is fun to watch and the exposure and experience of the playoffs would be exciting. I'd hate it because I think we really need one more top 5 pick before we start winning on a consistent basis.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:43 PM   #5
Legend of Josh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul

I would love and hate if we made the playoffs. I'd love it because this team is fun to watch and the exposure and experience of the playoffs would be exciting. I'd hate it because I think we really need one more top 5 pick before we start winning on a consistent basis.

You're right ruFFy ... but damn it man! We're so damn overdue for a winner! I honestly believe our biggest hinder is wasted draft picks.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:27 PM   #6
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:

I tend to agree. We need our upcoming talent to be more fully developed and we need another veteran player who can tie together the talent that we have--Gordon, Warrick and Sessions and Walker--into a more consistent and cohesive whole. I think that Biyombo needs to mature, too. He tends to be sloppy at times and I think that that has lost games for us. And at times our entire team's shooting is really piss-poor.

Have a good day, all.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:42 AM   #7
Legend of Josh
Banned

Good Lord, I hope I didn't jinx us. We've lost SEVEN in a row! Granted, we have played some stout competition:

@ OKC
@ ATL
VS a very dangerous Philly team right now
VS Portland (underrated)
VS New York Knicks
@ Milwaukee
VS TD's boys (Spurs) - best team in the league right now

We desperately need to put together a run to help offset this disheartening seven consecutive L's. We need to prove we're not just a streaky squad, but that we're capable of winning on any given night.
Old 12-09-2012, 01:42 PM   #8
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
Good Lord, I hope I didn't jinx us. We've lost SEVEN in a row! Granted, we have played some stout competition:

@ OKC
@ ATL
VS a very dangerous Philly team right now
VS Portland (underrated)
VS New York Knicks
@ Milwaukee
VS TD's boys (Spurs) - best team in the league right now

We desperately need to put together a run to help offset this disheartening seven consecutive L's. We need to prove we're not just a streaky squad, but that we're capable of winning on any given night.

We should have won the Portland and the Knicks games. Given more experience the team won't make the same 4th quarter mistakes. We played well against Philly and Atlanta. The Spurs game was understandable. The only really poor performance was against Milwaukee.

It doesn't get any easier this week with Golden State on Mon, LA Clippers on Wed and at Atl on Thurs.

If it's any consolation remember that the cats lost 9 straight right around this time of year during the 2009-2010 season and finished 7th in the conference.

Last edited by rufuspaul : 12-09-2012 at 01:44 PM.
Old 12-09-2012, 02:46 PM   #9
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:
We should have won the Portland and the Knicks games. Given more experience the team won't make the same 4th quarter mistakes. We played well against Philly and Atlanta. The Spurs game was understandable. The only really poor performance was against Milwaukee.

It doesn't get any easier this week with Golden State on Mon, LA Clippers on Wed and at Atl on Thurs.

If it's any consolation remember that the cats lost 9 straight right around this time of year during the 2009-2010 season and finished 7th in the conference.

I think that I'm going to forget about playoffs or overall w/l and just enjoy each game as it comes. Therefore, take the ups and downs without the mental highs and lows. If possible.!
Old 12-10-2012, 08:54 AM   #10
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady
I think that I'm going to forget about playoffs or overall w/l and just enjoy each game as it comes. Therefore, take the ups and downs without the mental highs and lows. If possible.!

I think that's a healthy attitude for this season. Watching the development of Kemba and the rookies has been pretty fun so far.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:53 PM   #11
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

I'm with Rufus in how I'd feel but personally I don't think we come close to sniffing the playoffs...mainly because we're so disorganized/raw underneath.

I also agree with you Josh that prior drafting has done us in, but with Cho now on board I really want to gather a few more picks and let him work his magic.
~spectre~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:57 PM   #12
liverpooty
Local High School Star

I think we still struggle to win 25 games. Let alone get close to the playoffs :-/. Although that 7-5 start was fun!
liverpooty is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: