Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 11-29-2012, 09:27 AM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Greg Monroe looking great so far

Through 16 games, Greg Monroe is on pace to put his name among the elite centers in the NBA.

Monroe is averaging 16.5 points and 9.4 rebounds.

But it's his playmaking skill that makes him different from other bigs. His 3.6 assists per game put him third among NBA centers behind the Grizzlies' Marc Gasol (4.8 entering Wednesday) and the Bulls' Joakim Noah (4.0).

Coach Lawrence Frank said before Wednesday's game that the assist total is part of the plan, and Monroe, 22, only has scratched the surface of his potential.

-- Reported by Vince Ellis of the Detroit Free Press
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 06:15 PM   #2
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Greg Monroe looking great so far

Monroe has been one of the few bright spots this season. When he fell to us in that draft we were all very happy. I'm still shocked that happened. Does everyone remember how Ekpe Udoh's draft status rose that year? Imagine if Golden State had drafted Monroe like we all thought they would. Hopefully we can end up as lucky with Drummond. I'd still like to see him play more. CV has looked pretty good lately too. I have to wonder if the Pistons are auditioning him for a trade though.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:47 AM   #3
ZMonkey11
YMCA Scrub

ZMonkey11 has decent reputation
Default Re: Greg Monroe looking great so far

I am getting exponentially excited about Drummond. In my eyes, I see him being disciplined and really developing. I'm happy to see that the rumors about his work ethic haven't really manifested with the Pistons yet. w00t w00t for the future!
ZMonkey11 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: