Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 12-01-2012, 04:21 PM   #16
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Unnamed KC Cheifs Player Commits Suicide at Arrowhead Stadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMa
you have to wonder what compels a young man who is already so successful compared to the rest of the people of his age group to do something like this.
He has mental problems clearly. Some people don't have those filters that say "don't kill yourself, things will get better". He was distraught, he had mental issues, he did this. This isn't the product of a mind thinking logically.

I had a friend who tried to kill themselves, it's unfortunately not the product of logical thinking, therefore it's hard to see coming.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:49 PM   #17
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
Wow he grew up and played HS Football about half an hour away from where I live. Never knew that..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jovan_Belcher

Crazy, since I'm literally like 2 minutes away from where he lived..

I think I one of my HS teammates said he was cousins with him......
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:36 PM   #18
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Bet anything he was bipolar and off his meds
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:13 PM   #19
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here

I saw somewhere before I left for work a couple of hours ago that the argument occured over a trey songs concert, and that he killed his gf infront of her mother.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:32 PM   #20
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
I saw somewhere before I left for work a couple of hours ago that the argument occured over a trey songs concert, and that he killed his gf infront of her mother.

She apparently attended the concert last night.

It was his mother. The woman that called 911 said "her daughter" was shot, which led to early confusion.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:07 PM   #21
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Why can't this game get postponed a day or two to give people a chance to catch their breath? The freaking game is tomorrow. That's a ridiculous short amount of time to recover from your teammate's murder suicide.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:15 AM   #22
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

Reading all these quotes about how great of a guy he was. Had he done everything the same except killing himself, instead going to jail, then what's everyone's tone? He murdered someone. Left a 3 month old without both her parents. Selfish and cowardly. But since he's dead too we'll just speak about how great he was. Like he's the victim.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:36 PM   #23
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateProperty
Reading all these quotes about how great of a guy he was. Had he done everything the same except killing himself, instead going to jail, then what's everyone's tone? He murdered someone. Left a 3 month old without both her parents. Selfish and cowardly. But since he's dead too we'll just speak about how great he was. Like he's the victim.

I doubt anybody disagrees that he did the most despicable, horrible thing you can do. But quotes coming from people who knew him as a good guy aren't going to change, nor do I think they're apologetic. His final terrible action doesn't change the relationship he had with people who knew him.

Had he gone to jail? Every single day we see people convicted of crimes, sent to jail, and people who knew them previously talk about "he was a quiet guy...great family man... good neighbor...never expected anything like this".

You can't ignore the cowardly act that will define his life for people that never knew him. But you can't ask people who knew him for reasons other than that final act to ignore that experience.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 01:04 PM   #24
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

StateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation hereStateProperty has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT
I doubt anybody disagrees that he did the most despicable, horrible thing you can do. But quotes coming from people who knew him as a good guy aren't going to change, nor do I think they're apologetic. His final terrible action doesn't change the relationship he had with people who knew him.

Had he gone to jail? Every single day we see people convicted of crimes, sent to jail, and people who knew them previously talk about "he was a quiet guy...great family man... good neighbor...never expected anything like this".

You can't ignore the cowardly act that will define his life for people that never knew him. But you can't ask people who knew him for reasons other than that final act to ignore that experience.
I think I'm more upset with the media pushing those quotes. You give those type of quotes when you want your reader to feel sympathetic and know what a great guy was lost. I understand I'm watching/reading sports media and that will focus more on him but I at least hope local KC media is shining some light on the one murdered and less on the murderer. Killing the mother of your child is one thing, killing her with your daughter and mother in the house is another, then not even man enough to face what you did? Hope he rots in hell, f*ck whatever type of guy he was before yesterday.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:27 PM   #25
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation herejazz873 has a near all-star reputation here

Much respect for Brady Quinn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vc-e-...layer_embedded
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: