Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-26-2012, 11:13 AM   #31
Wally450
A Paul Heyman Guy

Default Re: Celtics are just taking it easy for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGXEN
Fcking idiot jinxing us

This, WTF is this guy doing.
Wally450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:18 AM   #32
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

I don't think Garnett is capable of coasting.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:31 AM   #33
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Going past the Duncan route and into Shaqland was this coasting in the regular season. Mr. Motivator better do his motivating early.

They have depth to not overrun those aging beasts. No excuse for them to coast, as a team, night after night.

Pierce doesn't coast, but KG seems to be making up for Minnesota.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:57 AM   #34
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
Going past the Duncan route and into Shaqland was this coasting in the regular season. Mr. Motivator better do his motivating early.

They have depth to not overrun those aging beasts. No excuse for them to coast, as a team, night after night.

Pierce doesn't coast, but KG seems to be making up for Minnesota.
Garnett plays extremely hard, especially on defense.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:33 PM   #35
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Garnett plays extremely hard, especially on defense.

KG is my second favorite player in the league. I know this. But in Minnesota, you had a guy who literally did everything. I expect him to do less as he gets older and especially considering the players around him. But he does not establish himself much at all on the offensive end. He'll get in the post occasionally and the jumpshot is money. But he won't drive on anyone, at all, ever. He doesn't play out of the high post, passing and facilitating. He'll get position occasionally and hit that shot. That's it. On defense, he's still KG. But the way he played in the playoffs this past season...that's the kind of approach he should bring.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:27 PM   #36
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
KG is my second favorite player in the league. I know this. But in Minnesota, you had a guy who literally did everything. I expect him to do less as he gets older and especially considering the players around him. But he does not establish himself much at all on the offensive end. He'll get in the post occasionally and the jumpshot is money. But he won't drive on anyone, at all, ever. He doesn't play out of the high post, passing and facilitating. He'll get position occasionally and hit that shot. That's it. On defense, he's still KG. But the way he played in the playoffs this past season...that's the kind of approach he should bring.
That's about the Celtic offense, not Garnett's effort. Jumpshots and a little posting is how he's being used. If Doc told him to go high post 20 times a game he'd do it. But it's been decided that Garnett is to be preserved and he's never been the primary focus of the Celtic offense.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:55 PM   #37
swi7ch
Banned

When was the last time a team whose top 3 players are all near 40s won a title? Has it ever happened in ANY sport?
swi7ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:07 PM   #38
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swi7ch
When was the last time a team whose top 3 players are all near 40s won a title? Has it ever happened in ANY sport?
I don't view the Cs as the Championship favorite but have you by any chance ever heard of Rajon Rondo? He's 14 years from his 40th birthday. 35 and 36 aren't "near 40" either but I suppose poetic license is being taken so that you can be "funny."
Old 11-26-2012, 02:09 PM   #39
kNIOKAS
Medium Rare

Quote:
Originally Posted by swi7ch
Scared shitless already, sport?
kNIOKAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:21 PM   #40
Derka
Go C's!

They are far from coasting. Their record reflects exactly the kind of ball they've been playing thus far. The only loss I'll really throw out was Detroit because I genuinely believe they were exhausted from seven games in ten nights and one only needed to see front-rimmed shot after front-rimmed shot to tell. Everything else they've lost, though...completely deserved.

Its the usual suspects...poor rebounding, weak interior defense when KG leaves the floor, lack of aggression in going to the basket, settling for too many jumpers and just generally playing down to their competition.

We've been seeing this same crap every season since the title in 08.

They've already tried the "Turn it on" crap and it got us to the Finals in 10 but cost us the series when we had to go on the road for games 6 and 7.

Yeah its a long season and yeah their bodies aren't getting younger...but every win matters.
Derka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:29 PM   #41
Sharmer
Bynam Style

Yep, they're coasting.
Sharmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:49 PM   #42
schism206
Serious playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
I don't view the Cs as the Championship favorite but have you by any chance ever heard of Rajon Rondo? He's 14 years from his 40th birthday. 35 and 36 aren't "near 40" either but I suppose poetic license is being taken so that you can be "funny."

I think the Celts always have a chance to make some noise, but I just can't see them getting past Miami. Rondo is great, but the dude can't hit a free throw to save his life. Occasionally he hits a jumper, but he never seems to hit them when his team really needs it, to stop a run, or in the clutch. As great as he is, those are two HUGE disadvantages in the last 2 minutes of games for a player who is considered "the man". The only option he has is to drive and in the last 2 min with a defense like Miami locking down, it's just not very effective and really good teams who have athletic freaks like Lebron and Wade. Of course Pierce is there for 4th quarter shots, but he's older and when he gets doubled with the clock winding down, they'll probably double off Rondo's guy and Rondo is forced to take a jumpshot. And basically Miami's big 3 are > than Bostons new big 3, and the bench's and role players are probably a wash (though a better case can be made for Miami imo)

If Boston wants to compete I think they need to make a trade for a solid big. The only way they will be able to stand a chance with Miami is to counter with some size and some rebounding. I'm a fan of the Celts, but I just can't see this team going all the way this year with the current roster, unless some of the younger guys can really step it up, like Jeff Green ends up with a breakout season and can be a guy who can carry the team at times in the playoffs (not likely), and Avery Bradley comes back strong and tears it up (a little more likely). Just an opinion of course...
schism206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:55 AM   #43
AngelEyes
Sentenza

Celts are in trouble, they're important players are too damn old. I can't believe in a team that is reliant as they are on Garnett and Pierce and to a lesser extent Jason Terry.
AngelEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:19 AM   #44
ihoopallday
King James

People have been saying this shit the last couple of seasons, and of course Boston shuts them up come playoff time. It's Miami and Boston in the east......then everyone else.
ihoopallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:25 AM   #45
AngelEyes
Sentenza

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihoopallday
People have been saying this shit the last couple of seasons, and of course Boston shuts them up come playoff time. It's Miami and Boston in the east......then everyone else.

They didn't shut anyone up the last couple of seasons. They were defeated each of the last two seasons by the Heat, soundly defeated in 2011, in only the second round. I assume their goal is to win championships and I don't know how not even making it to the finals, or in 2011 not even making it to the eastern conference finals, is shutting anyone up. They're only getting older, things are not just going to stay the same or get easier. Miami has the better team and has beaten them the last two seasons. Boston's title chances are diminishing.
AngelEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: