Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-26-2012, 12:03 AM   #1
The Redemption
Banned

The Redemption has an OK reputation so far
Default Celtics are just taking it easy for now

Once Pierce and KG decide to turn it on they are winning the championship. This roster is better than any recent Celtics team and the older guys are just coasting a bit until they need to punch the Heat in the mouth like usual. Heat and Knicks fans need to be prepared for the beat down.

The Redemption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:09 AM   #2
CelticBaller
lite kobe

CelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Celtics are just taking it easy for now

If that's their mentality then I hope they get the 8th seed and get knocked out of the playoffs by the Heat or Knicks

Boo Celtics, boo coasting
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:14 AM   #3
kaybee
I airball my layups

kaybee has an OK reputation so far

I doubt it... The Celtics don't want to get so deep in a hole that it's hard to crawl out of. I'm sure they realize, considering last season and the season before, that every game matters. Dropping games to teams like the Pistons can turn out to be critical in the long run. They aren't just coasting. They're building. I thought it was obvious. They're still gelling and their new pieces are still settling into their new roles. I do think they'll be fine in the long run, but they aren't just being conservative. They have genuine kinks that will hopefully and likely iron themselves out as time goes by.
kaybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:17 AM   #4
The Redemption
Banned

The Redemption has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaybee
I doubt it... The Celtics don't want to get so deep in a hole that it's hard to crawl out of. I'm sure they realize, considering last season and the season before, that every game matters. Dropping games to teams like the Pistons can turn out to be critical in the long run. They aren't just coasting. They're building. I thought it was obvious. They're still gelling and their new pieces are still settling into their new roles. I do think they'll be fine in the long run, but they aren't just being conservative. They have genuine kinks that will hopefully and likely iron themselves out as time goes by.

Celtics let the Pistons win tho. They felt sorry for the lickins them dudes was taking this season.
The Redemption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:21 AM   #5
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

IMHO Doc is resting KG too much. Bass/Sully/Wilcox cant hold it down when he leaves the court.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:22 AM   #6
kaybee
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Redemption
Celtics let the Pistons win tho. They felt sorry for the lickins them dudes was taking this season.
I genuinely think they were just tired. It was obvious. It was their 6th game in 7 nights and the second game of a back-to-back.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:24 AM   #7
Mr. Incredible
Good college starter

Mr. Incredible has an OK reputation so far

If that is their mentality, I hope they play Miami in the 1st round....
Mr. Incredible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:26 AM   #8
chazzy
3-time NBA All-Star

chazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

OP is Clippersfan
chazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:28 AM   #9
kaybee
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMa
IMHO Doc is resting KG too much. Bass/Sully/Wilcox cant hold it down when he leaves the court.
I don't think KG needs to play anymore than like 30-32 mpg. Right now he's averaging 28.6. So yeah, he can stand to play a couple of more minutes, but the last thing we need is KG being exhausted. He turns into a completely different player.

My beef with Doc was him not playing Darko enough and trying to play too much small ball among other things. This is like the first season he's been slightly pissing me off with some of his decisions.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:28 AM   #10
KG215
NBA Legend

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Why the hell couldn't they have taken it easy on Friday night, then? Paul Pierce turned the clock back 5 years and their bench went nuts.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:31 AM   #11
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
Why the hell couldn't they have taken it easy on Friday night, then? Paul Pierce turned the clock back 5 years and their bench went nuts.

They get up for big games against great teams. I watch a lot of Celtics games (live on the East coast), and this is the way they've been for years. They play down to their competition.
Heavincent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:33 AM   #12
BlackVVaves
NBA lottery pick

BlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected posterBlackVVaves is a pretty well-respected poster

LoL @ the Celtics punching Miami in the mouth.

The Celtics lack Miami's greatest weaknesses - formidable bigs that rebound and defend, and outside shooting.
BlackVVaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:35 AM   #13
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Okay Chazzy.... if there is one thing I've never done on ISH it's be a pretender. I've taken so much trolling, personal attacks and had a ridiculous post count throughout so I wouldn't take the time to create alts. Besides this dude posted a lot of stuff within a minute of my posts in other threads tonight. You honestly think I'm the type to hide behind an alt and jump from account to account when I've shared so much personal shit here?
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:37 AM   #14
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaybee
I don't think KG needs to play anymore than like 30-32 mpg. Right now he's averaging 28.6. So yeah, he can stand to play a couple of more minutes, but the last thing we need is KG being exhausted. He turns into a completely different player.

My beef with Doc was him not playing Darko enough and trying to play too much small ball among other things. This is like the first season he's been slightly pissing me off with some of his decisions.

Doc is still playing KG in 5 minute bursts, right? that shit isnt gonna fly soon.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:37 AM   #15
kaybee
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavincent
They get up for big games against great teams. I watch a lot of Celtics games (live on the East coast), and this is the way they've been for years. They play down to their competition.
It pisses me off. It happens when they're blowing teams out and allow them to climb their way back in games and sometimes they just say eff it and don't even bother to show up for some games. In many ways I think that's the reason why some people don't respect them. How can you go from getting blown out by the Pistons to blowing out one of the best teams in the league 2 games later? It's hard to gauge a team who doesn't win games they're supposed to win.

Speaking of games, why does it seem like there are less televised games this year? The TV schedule has sucked so far.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: