Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-27-2012, 01:45 PM   #1
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star

SsKSpurs21 has decent reputationSsKSpurs21 has decent reputation
Default NBA Players/Teams music shoutouts...

found this article on the local San Antonio news website about the Spurs....

--------------

One of the favorite laments among Spurs faithful is how little attention/respect their favorite NBA team gets around the country.

That does not appear to be the case in the rap arena, where only seven more teams have more individual references in current hip-hop tracks than your San Antonio Spurs.

Not surprising considering Stephen “Stak 5″ Jackson’s status as one of the better baller/rappers around. Which isn’t really saying much, but still. And who can forget this? (Thank goodness you have a night job, Tony Parker.)

In an added bonus, all four shoutouts, as compiled by Spin Magazine, involve curse words! They are as follows –

Manu Ginobili: “The four-four chrome is long-nose / Call it Ginobili, your real (expletive) show me” — Roc Marciano, “The Man”

Tim Duncan: “Any Tim Duncan, spur of the moment / Let the whole world know I run (expletive), jump ship quick” — Asher Roth, “Lark on My Go-Kart”

Stephen Jackson: “Stay strapped-up we G’s in action / Knock out orders like Stephen Jackson” — E.S.G., “(Expletive) With Me”

Tony Parker: “Light-skinned? Nah, a little dark on TV like Bob Barker / Love is lost sometimes, (expletive), ask Tony Parker” — Lil B, “Reggie Miller”

You’d think an enterprising producer out there would have taken full advantage of Gregg Popovich’s “I want some nasty” sound bite. Alas, 2 Live Crew has been defunct since 1998. And no Matt Bonner? Rap truly isn’t what it used to be.

Even without them, only a handful of other teams are referenced more: Dallas (five), Boston (five), the Lakers (six, including…Chris Duhon?!?), the Clippers (seven), Chicago (seven), the Knicks (seven) and, of course, Miami with a league-high eight.

My personal favorite –

Rasheed Wallace: “Chrome stay polished / White spots on like Rasheed Wallace” — Danny Brown, “Metal Gear Solid”

Side note, I cannot even imagine how one would research a list like this. At least in basketball we have multiple data bases and stats engines to work with. But trolling through the entire rap catalogue for individual NBA references?

Maybe we need to figure out a way to incorporate the the two. Shoutout Efficiency Rating, Shoutouts per 48 minutes…John Hollinger, get on it.

-------------------------

what are some lines in songs that represent your favorite player/team? it doesnt have to be hiphop.
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:52 PM   #2
EoJ

EoJ is popular on this boardEoJ is popular on this boardEoJ is popular on this boardEoJ is popular on this boardEoJ is popular on this board
Default Re: NBA Players/Teams music shoutouts...

Steve Nash " Is your game M.V.P. like Steve Nash" NELLY FURTADO-Promiscuous
Derrick Rose "Shoutout to Derrick Rose, man that nigga nice" Kanye- I don't like
EoJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:27 PM   #3
BuffaloBill
Catfish Billy

BuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Some of my favorite lines

"I went from the most hated to the champion God flow, I guess that's a feeling only me and Lebron know" - Kanye - New God Flow

"..that's around the time your idols become your rivals, you make friends with Mike but gotta A.I. him for your survival" Drake - Thank Me Now
BuffaloBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:47 PM   #4
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I prefer:
Quote:
What is your issue? You over man, I don't miss you
Scottie soft, you play like Jan Van Breda Kolff
New Jersey Nets real man, you ain't no Darnell Hillman
Bald head like Slick Watts, I run rap like Mayor Koch
- Kool Keith

Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 12:14 AM   #5
CarpeDiemKid
Can barely lace up my sneakers

CarpeDiemKid has an OK reputation so far

Sitting courtside at the Hawks game. Louis' on I can trip a ****in ballplayer 2chainz on "the One"
CarpeDiemKid is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: