Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-26-2012, 12:17 AM   #16
bmulls
Great college starter

bmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Teams with bad situations long term

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipogb
Pistons and Kings, rosters are just completely messed up.

Those teams have draft picks and lots of cap space to look forward to.

My team the Mavs are in a tough spot unless we can lure a big time free agent. Just good enough to not get a lottery pick but not good enough to contend. Nearly all of our players are on 1 or 2 year deals, we probably won't be able to keep Mayo and the clock is ticking on Dirk and Marion. I see dark times for the Mavs after Dirk retires unless we can get a big time free agent signed to a long term deal.
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:21 AM   #17
kNicKz
College superstar

kNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PP34Deuce
The Wizards have under 24 year old talent that can be all stars though. Nene and the other vets can be moved, and it all falls on John Wall coming back and progressing. They are in pretty good shape. I think Vessley is going to be very solid too

They're still dishing out 21 mil a year to arenas who isn't even playing , so I don't see them in the playoffs this season or next
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:27 AM   #18
flipogb
Banned

flipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmulls
Those teams have draft picks and lots of cap space to look forward to.

My team the Mavs are in a tough spot unless we can lure a big time free agent. Just good enough to not get a lottery pick but not good enough to contend. Nearly all of our players are on 1 or 2 year deals, we probably won't be able to keep Mayo and the clock is ticking on Dirk and Marion. I see dark times for the Mavs after Dirk retires unless we can get a big time free agent signed to a long term deal.

theyve had lottery picks for 3 years now, they have no direction and look like they are adding random players. Mavs at worst will have a clear slate after getting rid of everyone if they want to
flipogb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:07 AM   #19
hawksdogsbraves
Child, please

hawksdogsbraves is a pretty well-respected posterhawksdogsbraves is a pretty well-respected posterhawksdogsbraves is a pretty well-respected poster

The Nets. Their core is already locked in place, and Deron Williams, the only All-Star out of them, isn't getting any better. Joe Johnson with his max deal is a 16-3-3 role player, and Lopez is good for 20ppg but can't rebound or play defense.

That team is already maxing out its ceiling and that ceiling is a first round loser. Bad news is, no way to blow it up until Johnson is gone, and by that point they'll probably have to trade an unhappy Deron Williams who just wasted some of his prime years.
hawksdogsbraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:34 AM   #20
TheAesirsFinest
The ? to All Answers

TheAesirsFinest has a terrific reputationTheAesirsFinest has a terrific reputationTheAesirsFinest has a terrific reputationTheAesirsFinest has a terrific reputationTheAesirsFinest has a terrific reputationTheAesirsFinest has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by no pun intended
Rockets in a couple of years.

$15 million dollar contracts to Lin, Harden, and Asik

That is hilariously wrong. In a couple of years (3), Lin and Asik's contracts will be up. Moreover, they are only $8m each.
TheAesirsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:44 AM   #21
Mr. Incredible
Good college starter

Mr. Incredible has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
The Nets. Their core is already locked in place, and Deron Williams, the only All-Star out of them, isn't getting any better. Joe Johnson with his max deal is a 16-3-3 role player, and Lopez is good for 20ppg but can't rebound or play defense.

That team is already maxing out its ceiling and that ceiling is a first round loser. Bad news is, no way to blow it up until Johnson is gone, and by that point they'll probably have to trade an unhappy Deron Williams who just wasted some of his prime years.
Deron is overrated. + he advocated them getting JJ.
Mr. Incredible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:00 AM   #22
Spaulding
It's Okay

Spaulding is a pretty well-respected posterSpaulding is a pretty well-respected posterSpaulding is a pretty well-respected posterSpaulding is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves

So true. Deron Williams should have jumped ship as soon as Dwight was a no go. He did not have many choices though at all for a better team...do not say the Mavs either.
Spaulding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:07 AM   #23
no pun intended
Mozart Basketball

no pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAesirsFinest
That is hilariously wrong. In a couple of years (3), Lin and Asik's contracts will be up. Moreover, they are only $8m each.
By couple, I meant 2.
no pun intended is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:16 AM   #24
SevereUpInHere
Utryin2getthepipe?

SevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAesirsFinest

I's assume he got confused and thought the Rockets would have to pay Lin the same $15m we would have had to pay him if we re-signed him, rather than the different structure your deal has.
SevereUpInHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:39 AM   #25
rmt
National High School Star

rmt is considered somewhat coolrmt is considered somewhat coolrmt is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
Spurs.

In three years they will have an aging Tony Parker, budding prime Kawhi Leonard, prime Danny Green, and what else?

Duncan gone. Ginobili gone. Their vets (Diaw, Jax) will have retired or moved on.

Most importantly, Pop will probably be retired.

That's a lottery team in a small market with basically one player to build around who might not even be an allstar talent (Lenoard). A late lottery with Parker playing for a couple more seasons. Which is worse.

I wouldn't worry about SA's situation. If there is anything they do well is manage their financial situation - almost to the exclusion of winning championships - not getting the required talent because they're so fiscally responsible.

They have been an elite team for so long that one takes it for granted. True, Duncan is a once-in-a-lifetime player and they got lucky with Parker and Manu. But their scouting is superb (see, trading George Hill to get a bigger, longer, stronger, CHEAPER Leonard). They might not be competing for championships after TD, TP and Manu but they'll be alright with Leonard, Green, Splitter and a few good draft picks once they suck. They don't have anyone with a bad contract (unless you count Bonner). I'm just going to enjoy these last 3 years of TD's career.

Last edited by rmt : 11-26-2012 at 02:43 AM.
rmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:41 AM   #26
oh the horror
7-time NBA All-Star

oh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think the Nets are up in this conversation. Took on Joe Johnson with his hideous contract, and dude just is NOT worth that money plus hes getting worse along the years...

and gave several middle of the pack players big money too?
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:58 AM   #27
Kews1
BostonCeltics

Kews1 is a pretty well-respected posterKews1 is a pretty well-respected posterKews1 is a pretty well-respected posterKews1 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PP34Deuce
As much of a Boston fan as I am, This team falls under bad situation long term...

When Terry,PP,KG expire off their 3 year contracts...Plenty of cap space but no telling who you can get in 2015

Rondo and Green will be 29. Neither player is built for a rebuilding effort.

Bos will be good enough to be 6-8th seed at the least. Never get a high draft pick.

I just feel our future is very bleak after 2-3 years. No great young prospects except Bradley and maybe Sullinger if he progresses.( Can see him as a poor mans David West.)

Agreed, in all honestly i would like to see Rondo traded when PP & KG retire so that reasonable value can be gained unless decent free agents can be attracted
Kews1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:00 AM   #28
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool

Lakers are the team set the best in 2 years they got no contracts except for maybe Dwights
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:09 AM   #29
MetsPackers
new based god

MetsPackers has decent reputation

I honestly don't think the Celtics will be in that bad of a spot once KG and PP retire. That alone will clear A LOT of money off of the books, and I think the Boston organization has a good reputation of taking care of its players and maximizing their talent; also well respected coach in Doc. Plus Rondo will still be in his prime, so I could definitly see them signing a big name superstar. I bet a lot of players would love to play with Rondo.

They also have a couple pieces like Bradley, Bass, and Green who could either pan out and become very solid contributers, or also be very moveable pieces to put more talent around Rondo; could probablt get a lot back for those guys. I think the Cs will be ok
MetsPackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:10 AM   #30
Clippersfan86
Banned

Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonislegend
Lakers are the team set the best in 2 years they got no contracts except for maybe Dwights

People act like players line up for free agency for the Lakers but outside of Shaq every Lakers great I can think of was drafted or acquired in a trade. Lakers will be able to build decently around Dwight I'm sure but not a title contender for a while when Kobe, Nash retire and Gasol leaves in free agency in two years.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: