Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-25-2012, 09:09 PM   #1
PP34Deuce
Good college starter

PP34Deuce has decent reputationPP34Deuce has decent reputation
Default Teams with bad situations long term

As much of a Boston fan as I am, This team falls under bad situation long term...

When Terry,PP,KG expire off their 3 year contracts...Plenty of cap space but no telling who you can get in 2015

Rondo and Green will be 29. Neither player is built for a rebuilding effort.

Bos will be good enough to be 6-8th seed at the least. Never get a high draft pick.

I just feel our future is very bleak after 2-3 years. No great young prospects except Bradley and maybe Sullinger if he progresses.( Can see him as a poor mans David West.)
PP34Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:16 PM   #2
Andi
I brick open layups

Andi has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Teams with bad situations long term

Well, I think Orlando is in bad situation talent & money wise.
They have Turkoglu for 2 years with 12mio per year. I guess they will amnesty him next year imo.
You have afflalo and harrington for 3 and 4 years for 7 mio respectively and they are not bad enough to get to playoffs but good enough to keep you out of the possible 1-3 pick imo.
Same goes for Big baby and Nelson. They are both on the 6-7 mio for 2 years i think and 3rd one is player option.
This is beyond stupid, why would Magic give Nelson that kind of money when are obviously going nowhere with this roster.
They should just concentrate on picks and developing prospects, but they are stuck in bad mediocrity for 2-3 year. Only after 2-3 years they could really rebuild.
I still don't get the Howard trade. :) Would they land more picks with Nets trade or with blockbuster trade with Lakers?
Andi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:21 PM   #3
PP34Deuce
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andi
They have Turkoglu for 2 years with 12mio per year. I guess they will amnesty him next year imo.
You have afflalo and harrington for 3 and 4 years for 7 mio respectively and they are not bad enough to get to playoffs but good enough to keep you out of the possible 1-3 pick imo.
Same goes for Big baby and Nelson. They are both on the 6-7 mio for 2 years i think and 3rd one is player option.
This is beyond stupid, why would Magic give Nelson that kind of money when are obviously going nowhere with this roster.
They should just concentrate on picks and developing prospects, but they are stuck in bad mediocrity for 2-3 year. Only after 2-3 years they could really rebuild.
I still don't get the Howard trade. :) Would they land more picks with Nets trade or with blockbuster trade with Lakers?

I'd agree with Orlando. A bunch of 26-27 year old guys who are playing hard but wont be anywhere. They have drafted 2 solid rookies while I think Nicholson will be a starting PF in a year. Orlando should get younger and trade players like Afflalo or Reddick for draft picks or cheap younger players they can audition.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:24 PM   #4
kNicKz
College superstar

kNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected poster

The Wizards
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:28 PM   #5
PP34Deuce
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kNicKz
The Wizards

The Wizards have under 24 year old talent that can be all stars though. Nene and the other vets can be moved, and it all falls on John Wall coming back and progressing. They are in pretty good shape. I think Vessley is going to be very solid too
Old 11-25-2012, 09:30 PM   #6
Mr. Incredible
Good college starter

Mr. Incredible has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andi
Orlando already used their clause on Arenas. Therefore, they cannot amnesty Turkoglu
Mr. Incredible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:49 PM   #7
Grey Dawn
KG cancer to the NBA

Grey Dawn has not been impressing people

Let's go Raptors!
Grey Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:56 PM   #8
Spaulding
It's Okay

Spaulding is popular on this boardSpaulding is popular on this boardSpaulding is popular on this boardSpaulding is popular on this board

The Sacramento Kings. They're not going to exist soon due to them being sold to become the Supersonics.

Spaulding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:58 PM   #9
Mr. Incredible
Good college starter

Mr. Incredible has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaulding
The Sacramento Kings. They're not going to exist soon due to them being sold to become the Supersonics.

It's a shame the Maloof's suck at life.
Mr. Incredible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:59 PM   #10
LoneyROY7
The Babe Ruth of ISH

LoneyROY7 is considered somewhat coolLoneyROY7 is considered somewhat cool

The Kings just look like they're on a treadmill of crappiness.
LoneyROY7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:07 PM   #11
Sharmer
Alpha Centauri

Sharmer posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrySharmer posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Celtics.
Sharmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:48 PM   #12
no pun intended
Mozart Basketball

no pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation here

Rockets in a couple of years.

$15 million dollar contracts to Lin, Harden, and Asik
no pun intended is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:55 PM   #13
IGotACoolStory
Harry Giles:Next KG

IGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation hereIGotACoolStory has an incredible reputation here

Spurs.

In three years they will have an aging Tony Parker, budding prime Kawhi Leonard, prime Danny Green, and what else?

Duncan gone. Ginobili gone. Their vets (Diaw, Jax) will have retired or moved on.

Most importantly, Pop will probably be retired.

That's a lottery team in a small market with basically one player to build around who might not even be an allstar talent (Lenoard). A late lottery with Parker playing for a couple more seasons. Which is worse.
IGotACoolStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:57 PM   #14
flipogb
College superstar

flipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected poster

Pistons and Kings, rosters are just completely messed up.
flipogb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:14 PM   #15
Collie
Good college starter

Collie is a pretty well-respected posterCollie is a pretty well-respected posterCollie is a pretty well-respected posterCollie is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
Spurs.

In three years they will have an aging Tony Parker, budding prime Kawhi Leonard, prime Danny Green, and what else?

Duncan gone. Ginobili gone. Their vets (Diaw, Jax) will have retired or moved on.

Most importantly, Pop will probably be retired.

That's a lottery team in a small market with basically one player to build around who might not even be an allstar talent (Lenoard). A late lottery with Parker playing for a couple more seasons. Which is worse.

That's not too bad. It's basically the same situation that every championship team faces when they lose their core. They'd be in a good rebuilding position.
Collie is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: