Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-25-2012, 07:08 PM   #1
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Who do the Chiefs pick: Matt Barkley or Geno Smith?

I think the obvious choice here is QB, assuming the Chiefs get #1.

Who do they select, Matt Barkley or Geno Smith? Break down these two for me fellas
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:14 PM   #2
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Who do the Chiefs pick: Matt Barkley or Geno Smith?

I haven't watched any college FB this year but I'd pick Barkley based from what I've saw in previous years. He's proven, established, looks like he does a great job at reading defenses, accurate, athletic, etc. But one area of concern is that he's lacking the physical stats and kind of reminds me Sanchez which should scare any team.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:32 PM   #3
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Both are mid to late 1st round talents, but if the Chiefs get the first pick, they will probably have to take a QB. This is one of the worst QB classes in recent memory. I'd take Geno over Barkley. Barkley scares me, he's short, he doesn't have very good arm strength, basically his physical tools are limited. He reminds me of Jimmy Claussen.

Smith has a huge arm, has good size and throws a very good deep ball. I'd take him over Barkley any day.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:34 PM   #4
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
Both are mid to late 1st round talents, but if the Chiefs get the first pick, they will probably have to take a QB. This is one of the worst QB classes in recent memory. I'd take Geno over Barkley. Barkley scares me, he's short, he doesn't have very good arm strength, basically his physical tools are limited. He reminds me of Jimmy Claussen.

Smith has a huge arm, has good size and throws a very good deep ball. I'd take him over Barkley any day.

Agreed
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:51 PM   #5
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Barkley scares me, he's short, he doesn't have very good arm strength, basically his physical tools are limited.

Sounds eerily similar to Mark Sanchez. What is it with USC and loser QB's?

Geno Smith is the clear cut best QB in this draft class. It's not even really close to me.
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:04 PM   #6
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid

Who do they select, Matt Barkley or Geno Smith? Break down these two for me fellas

A team would have to be insane to use the #1 pick on a QB this year. The Chiefs have plenty of holes to fill or possibly a chance to trade down, though I don't know who's going to be falling over themselves to get the top spot.

Barkley is a mid-1st at best, and Smith isn't close to that imo.

There will be FAs on the market that will be an improvement over what they have currently. There's no quick fix in this year's draft.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:07 PM   #7
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

IcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid

I'd do my best to trade down for a ton of draft picks if possible and pick up a Tyler Wilson. They need a better o-line and better pass rush as well. Emphasis on o-line. No o-line then no matter who you draft at quarterback will still get slaughtered.
IcanzIIravor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:14 PM   #8
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yeah, the QBs in this draft are awful. I'd say Geno is slightly better but neither are elite prosepcts. For the people that follow the draft more, what happened to guys like Tyler Bray and Tyler Wilson? Why'd they struggle so much this year?
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:15 PM   #9
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Do whatever you can to trade it but if there's not a good deal take Jarvis Jones.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:17 PM   #10
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcanzIIravor
I'd do my best to trade down for a ton of draft picks if possible and pick up a Tyler Wilson. They need a better o-line and better pass rush as well. Emphasis on o-line. No o-line then no matter who you draft at quarterback will still get slaughtered.

He's going to be the fast riser in the draft. Wouldn't suprise me at all if he ends up being the best NFL QB out of this upcoming draft class. Petrino/John L. Smith made that Arkansas situation poisonous.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:24 PM   #11
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Both Tyler Wilson and Landry Jones fell off the face of the earth when it comes to being NFL prospects. I still like Tyler Wilson though.

Bray isn't nearly ready for the pros. Needs one more year.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:25 PM   #12
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Both Tyler Wilson and Landry Jones fell off the face of the earth when it comes to being NFL prospects. I still like Tyler Wilson though.

Bray isn't nearly ready for the pros. Needs one more year.
Yeah, Landry Jones seemed like a crap prospect last year as well even though p.tiddy was calling him a future hall of famer
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:27 PM   #13
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

It would make sense for them to draft Lotueleli and use him like the Ravens use Ngata. Then hope Poe develops into a good player.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:28 PM   #14
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Landry Jones could still be a first round pick after a good combine showing...and still the best QB in this draft

Not saying the Chiefs will take him...just sayin...he IS a legit prospect
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:32 PM   #15
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

IcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
Yeah, the QBs in this draft are awful. I'd say Geno is slightly better but neither are elite prosepcts. For the people that follow the draft more, what happened to guys like Tyler Bray and Tyler Wilson? Why'd they struggle so much this year?

Wilson was a victim of the Petrino crap. He also battled injury and I think had a number of guys buckle under the high expectations. I think he'll be a better pro under the right coach. Wilson also lost a lot of weapons to graduation I believe and didn't have guys step up. None existent running game hurt too. Bray would be smart to stay another year in college and gain some more polish. He has a ton of potential, but another year should help his draft prospects. Bray showed a ton of inconsistency and with the offensive talent they had, the team should have been better on that side of the ball.
IcanzIIravor is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: