Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-25-2012, 08:46 PM   #91
nbarumorz
Serious playground baller

nbarumorz has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: GT: Celtics (7-6) @ Magic (5-7) 6 PM EST

GG...glad to squeak by with the W. 8-6! Nets coming up next.

2 in a row wooo
nbarumorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:49 PM   #92
kaybee
I airball my layups

kaybee has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by PP34Deuce
Avery is going to be a stud. He had shoulder surgey and its been successful. He still has speed,hops, and explosion. Hes always had good form on his jumper so I know that will be back. If his confidence is up, he brings intangibles to the starting line up and is able to guard SG's and PG's.

Barbosa is perfect bench guy, but we def need another traditional 2 guard in size. A Terry Barbs lineup gets posted on all day.
I mean I don't want to count Lee out but he isn't giving enough, in my opinion. He has the size and the potential to slide to the 3 but he's been looking kind of lost so far.

Rondo has been passive when it comes to scoring but I think once he makes history with this streak we'll see a more aggressive scorer. It's obvious he's worked on his jumper. I want to see it more.
kaybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:59 PM   #93
PP34Deuce
Good college starter

PP34Deuce has decent reputationPP34Deuce has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaybee
I mean I don't want to count Lee out but he isn't giving enough, in my opinion. He has the size and the potential to slide to the 3 but he's been looking kind of lost so far.

Rondo has been passive when it comes to scoring but I think once he makes history with this streak we'll see a more aggressive scorer. It's obvious he's worked on his jumper. I want to see it more.

I like Lee hes fast in the open floor. Its weird but the makeup of our guards are they are all fast quick but lack explosion.

Barbosa is fast as hell, but doesnt explode to the rim despite beating his man consistently
Lee is fast but only can do things on the break. Doesnt have the strength to dunk in the lane
Terry no explosion.

Rondo is our most explosive and he only does it once in a blue moon.
PP34Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:07 PM   #94
kaybee
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by PP34Deuce
I like Lee hes fast in the open floor. Its weird but the makeup of our guards are they are all fast quick but lack explosion.

Barbosa is fast as hell, but doesnt explode to the rim despite beating his man consistently
Lee is fast but only can do things on the break. Doesnt have the strength to dunk in the lane
Terry no explosion.

Rondo is our most explosive and he only does it once in a blue moon.
True, Rondo doesn't drive nearly as much as he should and he sometimes slows the race of the game down too much. I still have hope we'll see a different and more improved game from him this season and I still want to do him
Old 11-25-2012, 09:08 PM   #95
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Didn't see the game. Did Rondo once again disgrace the game and alienate his teammates by passing for a lot of assists?
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:12 PM   #96
PP34Deuce
Good college starter

PP34Deuce has decent reputationPP34Deuce has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT
Didn't see the game. Did Rondo once again disgrace the game and alienate his teammates by passing for a lot of assists?

Rondo had a decent game. Dont let the assists fool you. Its obvious he is gunning for a high APG average. We all know hes a great PG, but he definitely still slows the game down while our shooters hit contested jumpers.

KG was player of the game. ORL led by 6 in 4th quarter, He and PP once again carried this team to overtime and KG took care of the rest.
PP34Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:40 PM   #97
Mr. Incredible
Good college starter

Mr. Incredible has an OK reputation so far

Celtics fans: are you worried about the status of your team or is this just like all the other years..Slow starts and expect the team to excel over the course of the season. I know AB is out which hurts so maybe I already know the answer to the question.
Mr. Incredible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:43 PM   #98
CelticBaller
lite kobe

CelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Incredible
Celtics fans: are you worried about the status of your team or is this just like all the other years..Slow starts and expect the team to excel over the course of the season. I know AB is out which hurts so maybe I already know the answer to the question.
We'll welcome a better start, but most of us are patient with the team
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:55 PM   #99
Mr. Incredible
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticBaller
We'll welcome a better start, but most of us are patient with the team
I hear ya. I'm fully expecting a Heat/Celtics ECF. Ain't buying the Knicks.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:12 PM   #100
Sharmer
Alpha Centauri

Sharmer posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrySharmer posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
I hear ya. I'm fully expecting a Heat/Celtics ECF. Ain't buying the Knicks.

Celtics need another big to competitive in the ECF.
Sharmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:21 PM   #101
Mr. Incredible
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharmer
Celtics need another big to competitive in the ECF.
We'll see. A rivalry is a rivalry. I wouldn't want it any other way.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:49 PM   #102
kaybee
I airball my layups

Quote:
I have my reservations but I still think the team is better than last year. I question defense at times and rebounding continues to be a problem, our offense is better as well as our bench. I expected us to start out slow. I mean most of our roster is new. I never doubt my team. The one time I did was last season and we see what happened. The Celtics will be fine and I do think a trade to fix our rebounding is coming before the all-star break.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:12 PM   #103
Mr. Incredible
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaybee
I have my reservations but I still think the team is better than last year. I question defense at times and rebounding continues to be a problem, our offense is better as well as our bench. I expected us to start out slow. I mean most of our roster is new. I never doubt my team. The one time I did was last season and we see what happened. The Celtics will be fine and I do think a trade to fix our rebounding is coming before the all-star break.
Defense is the question mark for the Heat as well, but like you, I know they will get it corrected. Like I've said before, I truly expect a Heat/Celtics rematch in the Eastern Conference Finals.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:18 PM   #104
Infinite-Sky
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Infinite-Sky has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT

He did indeed. How selfish of him to get his teammates open shots, and uncontested points.
Infinite-Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:09 AM   #105
kaybee
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite-Sky
He did indeed. How selfish of him to get his teammates open shots, and uncontested points.
Rondo is my absolute favorite player and I have no problem with him gunning to continue his streak, but there are times where it'd be easier for him to drive in the paint and go for the easy 2 rather than pass to his teammates. Most of the time he makes smart passes, but there are times where they're questionable. Can't blame him because no one's perfect, but if I take my Rondo-stained glasses off for one second, I realize sometimes his decisions to go for the pass rather than take a shot jeopardizes the overall offense. It's not that often, but it happens. I, for one, would like to see him be a more aggressive scorer when need be. He's more than capable.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: