Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2012, 02:27 AM   #151
Clippersfan86
Banned
 
Clippersfan86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 23,737
Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: The Clippers should move Blake Griffin..

You guys need to stick to watching more and offering less scenarios. Any of you saying Blake for Howard don't understand that trades have WAY more going on than talent. Dwight is a locker room cancer and would destroy the family environment this team has created. Not to mention he can walk in free agency and is not looking the same after back surgery. If Dwight was so great Lakers fans wouldn't already be fed up with his shit.

Madsen hunger is easy to guage. It's the guy in the gym before everybody else daily and the last to leave. Kemp and Amare were never that guy, Blake is. Not to mention Blake has a more unique and special skillset to begin with. Basketball IQ and court vision weren't strengths of either. Stop comparing just because they are elite dunkers.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:33 AM   #152
brandonislegend
Old School Cool
 
brandonislegend's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 7,704
brandonislegend is a pretty well-respected posterbrandonislegend is a pretty well-respected posterbrandonislegend is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: The Clippers should move Blake Griffin..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
You guys need to stick to watching more and offering less scenarios. Any of you saying Blake for Howard don't understand that trades have WAY more going on than talent. Dwight is a locker room cancer and would destroy the family environment this team has created. Not to mention he can walk in free agency and is not looking the same after back surgery. If Dwight was so great Lakers fans wouldn't already be fed up with his shit.

Madsen hunger is easy to guage. It's the guy in the gym before everybody else daily and the last to leave. Kemp and Amare were never that guy, Blake is. Not to mention Blake has a more unique and special skillset to begin with. Basketball IQ and court vision weren't strengths of either. Stop comparing just because they are elite dunkers.

Amare and Griffins game are similar griffin is a better passer but amare hiys his fts, their offensive game and liability on defense is very similar.
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:37 AM   #153
AussieG
High School Starter
 
AussieG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 800
AussieG has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: The Clippers should move Blake Griffin..

Griffin is young and isn't even finished developing yet.
AussieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:45 AM   #154
chazzy
3-time NBA All-Star
 
chazzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: LA
Posts: 10,295
chazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechazzy is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: The Clippers should move Blake Griffin..

good ol amare and his lazy work ethic the other day
chazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:43 AM   #155
Clippersfan86
Banned
 
Clippersfan86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 23,737
Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: The Clippers should move Blake Griffin..

Amare's work ethic has been significantly better in NY. Blake as a rookie was already one of the hardest working players in the NBA.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:36 PM   #156
brandonislegend
Old School Cool
 
brandonislegend's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 7,704
brandonislegend is a pretty well-respected posterbrandonislegend is a pretty well-respected posterbrandonislegend is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: The Clippers should move Blake Griffin..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
Amare's work ethic has been significantly better in NY. Blake as a rookie was already one of the hardest working players in the NBA.

I was always curious how the hell anyone not with the organization would know how hard someone works? Because of people inside the organization saying it? Of course they are going to say that about their own players. People read stuff on forums and assume its true or listen to "clippers" insider saying stuff even though it could be made up.

Just like Griffin's injury of course Clipper people are going to say he tore something when it simply was never true, he was benched in the playoffs because he was getting worked.
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:42 PM   #157
TheMarkMadsen
Know what im sayin?
 
TheMarkMadsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 7,828
TheMarkMadsen is considered somewhat coolTheMarkMadsen is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: The Clippers should move Blake Griffin..

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonislegend
I was always curious how the hell anyone not with the organization would know how hard someone works? Because of people inside the organization saying it? Of course they are going to say that about their own players. People read stuff on forums and assume its true or listen to "clippers" insider saying stuff even though it could be made up.

Just like Griffin's injury of course Clipper people are going to say he tore something when it simply was never true, he was benched in the playoffs because he was getting worked.


This exactly. CF86 its disgusting how you devalue other players and their supposed "lack of work ethic" just to make BG look better.

CF86 you claimed that BG has been the first person in the gym and the last person to leave since his rookie year.. Do you know for a fact?

have you been to every clippers practice since BG's rookie year??

You sound like an idiot when you claim somebody like Amare, who has bounced back from numerous injuries has a "piss poor" work ethic
TheMarkMadsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:54 PM   #158
Darius
Good college starter
 
Darius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Handsome Man
Posts: 3,015
Darius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: The Clippers should move Blake Griffin..

From Chris Kaman last week (someone who has no reason to be nice to Blake or the Clippers):

Let me tell you something, that guy works harder than anybody I’ve ever met — I’m talking about anybody I’ve ever met. He works harder than any of them,” Kaman said. “He comes back to the gym two and three times a day, he works the weights, he runs, the guy’s a freak. I don’t know how he can endure all that on his body, but he’s able to and he still comes out and he plays as hard as anybody I’ve ever seen for the 35 to 40 minutes he’s in the game.”

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/1...s-on-the-rise/
Darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:20 PM   #159
The Nets
Resident Netsfan
 
The Nets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Netsville
Posts: 438
The Nets is considered somewhat coolThe Nets is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: The Clippers should move Blake Griffin..

I was wondering when the Clippers will make the move. Let's face it, you know you have a PF who keeps declining since his rookie season, and you definitely want to trade him while he still has value. The way Blake Griffin degrades season after season makes it a rather urgent business, if you still wish to get some decent players from him.
The Nets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:45 PM   #160
Bandito
Banned
 
Bandito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 12,534
Bandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: The Clippers should move Blake Griffin..

I am pretty sure I already post this but the Clippers are not trading nothing. if you see the numbers and the minutes before Paul came to the team you can see it is getting worse thanks to him making the pass to everybody on the team and all of them getting their numbers.

BG numbers are good anyways, the only bad thing about him is his defense (getting better every year) and his Ft's.

He is still in his third year, he only needs time to become better.
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:12 AM   #161
qrich
King Heno
 
qrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 18,026
qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: The Clippers should move Blake Griffin..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius
From Chris Kaman last week (someone who has no reason to be nice to Blake or the Clippers):

Let me tell you something, that guy works harder than anybody Ive ever met Im talking about anybody Ive ever met. He works harder than any of them, Kaman said. He comes back to the gym two and three times a day, he works the weights, he runs, the guys a freak. I dont know how he can endure all that on his body, but hes able to and he still comes out and he plays as hard as anybody Ive ever seen for the 35 to 40 minutes hes in the game.

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/1...s-on-the-rise/

And he has played with Elton Brand, who some called the hardest working power forward at the time to bot.

And I also just love how madsen keeps ignoring my posts.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:40 AM   #162
TheMarkMadsen
Know what im sayin?
 
TheMarkMadsen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 7,828
TheMarkMadsen is considered somewhat coolTheMarkMadsen is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: The Clippers should move Blake Griffin..

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
And he has played with Elton Brand, who some called the hardest working power forward at the time to bot.

And I also just love how madsen keeps ignoring my posts.

what's the point of addressing you?

you talk yourself in circles.

You tell me that we can't factor in Smith's likeliness to resign in LA because some things that are "likely" to happen don't happen.

Well if we're not factoring in stuff that we believe is "likely" to happen, then we shouldn't factor in BG's potential b/c his potential is "likely" and not fact.

Obviously in a real life trade, potential is a huge factor, just like the possibility of player A resigning is a huge factor in a trade.

And if your reading comprehension was up to par you would have noticed that this entire thread is based of the premise that BG isn't ready to be a 2nd option on a championship team and that the Clippers should focus on builiding around CP3, reassuring he signs and tryin to win a Championship with CP3 while they can.

So, if you're still confused..

Premise:Clippers want to focus on Cp3 & make sure he resigns. They best way to do that is to build the team around him and give him the pieces to compete for a title right away. BG isn't ready to be a 2nd option on a championship team, so instead of waiting around on him to develope into that player, they should use his enormous trade value (some have even said in this very thread that he is considered "untouchable" so his trade value might as well be unlimited) and bring in the pieces that make the LAC title ready.

So, with that in mind, considering how well CP3 was able to do with the likes of Tyson Chandler & David West, i suggested as the first POSSIBLE trade scenerio be for an All star Power Forwad & and All star Center. Smith/Horford.

I'm not saying the Clippers should actually do this, i'm sure they want Blake on their team for his marketability alone forever, however, if they decided to make CP3 the face of the franchise & try to appease him and put the pieces around him to win a title before he turns 30 then trading BG for a boatload of talent or one or two great players, would be good way to go.
TheMarkMadsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:42 AM   #163
Clippersfan86
Banned
 
Clippersfan86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 23,737
Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: The Clippers should move Blake Griffin..

Blake with yet another 20/10/3 game in not too many minutes. I agree great time to trade him.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:44 AM   #164
Clippersfan86
Banned
 
Clippersfan86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 23,737
Clippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation hereClippersfan86 has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: The Clippers should move Blake Griffin..

Madsen if the Clippers had to choose between Griffin and CP3 they are choosing Griffin as they should. He's their true and original "franchise" player. Not the best yet but the guy who really turned this franchise around and is easily the most marketable. Griffin easily gets the loudest applause during intros, not CP3.

Bottom line is the team would dump CP3 to make Griffin happy before they would dump Griffin to make CP3 happy or more successful in your little fantasy scenario.
Clippersfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 12:45 AM   #165
qrich
King Heno
 
qrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 18,026
qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: The Clippers should move Blake Griffin..

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
what's the point of addressing you?

you talk yourself in circles.

You tell me that we can't factor in Smith's likeliness to resign in LA because some things that are "likely" to happen don't happen.

Well if we're not factoring in stuff that we believe is "likely" to happen, then we shouldn't factor in BG's potential b/c his potential is "likely" and not fact.

Obviously in a real life trade, potential is a huge factor, just like the possibility of player A resigning is a huge factor in a trade.

And if your reading comprehension was up to par you would have noticed that this entire thread is based of the premise that BG isn't ready to be a 2nd option on a championship team and that the Clippers should focus on builiding around CP3, reassuring he signs and tryin to win a Championship with CP3 while they can.

So, if you're still confused..

Premise:Clippers want to focus on Cp3 & make sure he resigns. They best way to do that is to build the team around him and give him the pieces to compete for a title right away. BG isn't ready to be a 2nd option on a championship team, so instead of waiting around on him to develope into that player, they should use his enormous trade value (some have even said in this very thread that he is considered "untouchable" so his trade value might as well be unlimited) and bring in the pieces that make the LAC title ready.

So, with that in mind, considering how well CP3 was able to do with the likes of Tyson Chandler & David West, i suggested as the first POSSIBLE trade scenerio be for an All star Power Forwad & and All star Center. Smith/Horford.

I'm not saying the Clippers should actually do this, i'm sure they want Blake on their team for his marketability alone forever, however, if they decided to make CP3 the face of the franchise & try to appease him and put the pieces around him to win a title before he turns 30 then trading BG for a boatload of talent or one or two great players, would be good way to go.


I lack reading comprehension yet you are the one that can't comprehend the fact that the scenario you are claiming to be likely has ZERO backup and I have provided factual events which many claimed to be likely which ended up being incorrect?

And on top of that, you keep saying ignore potential. Well that is fine and dandy as I have mentioned other reasons Clippers turn it down (contract, marketability, cohesiveness, etc.), yet you keep going back to potential and ignore the rest.

Let me try to make this easier for you to understand. Take away the potential, Blake still is the better player, who brings in more money due to his Mozgoving and his exposure when it comes to traveling time, and already has cohesiveness with Paul, Crawford, Vinny and everyone else.

Get it now? Or do I need to gift you a copy of hooked-on-phonics?




B-b-b-b-ut Smith is likely to resign in LA and potential doesn't matter....

Last edited by qrich : 12-12-2012 at 12:47 AM.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:50 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy