Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-26-2012, 09:16 PM   #1
Mrofir
National High School Star

Mrofir is a pretty well-respected posterMrofir is a pretty well-respected posterMrofir is a pretty well-respected posterMrofir is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Lakers missing the point (no pun intended)

First off, since I haven't posted often recently, I should say I'm a die hard Suns fan, and as such, I have much love for both D'antoni and Nash. I also have a healthy respect for Kobe and Pau and I'm hoping that if nothing else this season (Suns in no man's land) I might get to see Nash win his ring.

With that out of the way, I think D'antoni in particular and the LA org in general are handling Nash's injury exactly the wrong way. There is no excuse for their record currently. This isn't football, where the expectation is to win despite any injury issues, but Nash isn't the mvp of this team. This team has 2 bona fide superstars, and 2 championship quality starters on the court. D'antoni's (Kobe too) remarks about Nash giving the team the engine it needs would be appropriate if the team was 9-5, but at 7-7 , it's a cheap excuse and it sends the wrong signal. This team can only compete for a championship with Nash? Really?

Best of luck to Nash, I'll be secretly rooting for him.
Mrofir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:27 PM   #2
talkingconch
College superstar

talkingconch is considered somewhat cooltalkingconch is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Lakers missing the point (no pun intended)

lakers started this season with a new roster, a terrible coach. then fired the coach and ran pick up for a few games until Mike D'Antoni came in, Nash meanwhile is injured. Dwight's returning from injury and is not fully himself either. I just don't feel this team has had the time needed to gel completely, with everyone available.

Now if we had gone through 14 games with d'antoni, Nash not injured, and still ended up 7-7, then there would be a problem
talkingconch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:29 PM   #3
TheMarkMadsen
Know what im sayin?

TheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation hereTheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation hereTheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation hereTheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation hereTheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation hereTheMarkMadsen has an incredible reputation here

Fuck you that pun was intended.
TheMarkMadsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:29 PM   #4
Mrofir

Mrofir is a pretty well-respected posterMrofir is a pretty well-respected posterMrofir is a pretty well-respected posterMrofir is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingconch
lakers started this season with a new roster, a terrible coach. then fired the coach and ran pick up for a few games until Mike D'Antoni came in, Nash meanwhile is injured. Dwight's returning from injury and is not fully himself either. I just don't feel this team has had the time needed to gel completely, with everyone available.

Now if we had gone through 14 games with d'antoni, Nash not injured, and still ended up 7-7, then there would be a problem

Fair enough, but I still think the team should be talking win now, integrate Nash rather than, "bumps in the road until he gets back" -- They should have confidence in their roster on the floor right now to win games, imo, at least in public..
Old 11-26-2012, 09:31 PM   #5
Mrofir

I'm excited to see what Nash does but I'm also foreseeing using my psychic abilities a letdown (lakers fans bitching) when he comes back and they don't score 140 points.. especially if the house is still not in order when he gets healthy.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:00 PM   #6
amfirst
Great college starter

amfirst has an OK reputation so far

We don't need prime Nash. We just need a decent pg to ease the pressure off of Kobe because he is a scorer but is force to be the distributor too. He can do it fine when he was in his 20s but he is a little too old to ask him to do all of that. I'm afraid he may get injured especially when u expect someone that old to do so much.
amfirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:35 PM   #7
Pushxx
Pushxx

Pushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Lakers have done decently considering the circumstances.
Pushxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:37 AM   #8
I<3NBA
College superstar

I<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryI<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Kome Kome Kome Kome Kome Kome Kome Kome Kome Kome Kome Kome Kome Kome Kome Kome Kome Kome Kome Kome Kome Kome Kome Kome Kome Kome Kome Kome Kome Kome Kome Kome Kome Kome Kome Kome Kome Kome Kome Kome Kome Kome Kome Kome Kome Kome Kome Kome Kome Kome Kome Kome Kome Kome Kome Kome Kome Kome Kome Kome Kome Kome Kome Kome Kome Kome Kome Kome Kome Kome Kome Kome
I<3NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: