Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-28-2012, 08:46 AM   #1
I<3NBA
College superstar

I<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryI<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Pau Gasol being trash is easily explainable

he's tired of carrying Kobe. when Dwight and Nash arrived, that weight was just too much. esp considering Dwight weighs 265 lbs + Nash's 178 lbs. that's too heavy even for Gasol.
I<3NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:56 AM   #2
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Pau Gasol being trash is easily explainable

bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:00 AM   #3
I<3NBA
College superstar

I<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryI<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred

That would make New York a real contender.
I<3NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:51 AM   #4
kNicKz
College superstar

kNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected poster

Gasol carrying Kobe? Is this starting to become an accepted belief on this site? I understand that you started watching basketball after the decision but damn, you are honestly hallucinating if you think that Gasol "carried" the team. He was a very important and crucial piece of those teams, but carry them? Carrying a team is Jason Kidd bringing the Nets to the Finals, or Lebron bringing the Cavs to the finals...
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:53 AM   #5
Bigsmoke
Death Before Dishonor

Bigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputation

he not being used properly

don't give me wrong, dude is declining but he needs to get trade.
Bigsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:54 AM   #6
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
You wish
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:41 AM   #7
Horatio33
Winning>Stats

Horatio33 has an OK reputation so far

J.E. Skeets ‏@jeskeets
RT @johnschuhmann: Under Jackson, 26% of Gasol's shots came from outside paint. Brown: 43%. Bickerstaff: 59%. D'Antoni: 53%
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite
Horatio33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:48 AM   #8
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horatio33
J.E. Skeets ‏@jeskeets
RT @johnschuhmann: Under Jackson, 26% of Gasol's shots came from outside paint. Brown: 43%. Bickerstaff: 59%. D'Antoni: 53%
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite
Interesting stat. While Gasol isn't playing well (obvious), he isn's being used the right way.
A team with no real center should sign him.
A trade for Josh Smith and fillers would work for both teams, but I guess Smith's expiring contract is more valuable for the Hawks now.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:56 AM   #9
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by chains5000
Interesting stat. While Gasol isn't playing well (obvious), he isn's being used the right way.
A team with no real center should sign him.
A trade for Josh Smith and fillers would work for both teams, but I guess Smith's expiring contract is more valuable for the Hawks now.

I think Atlanta's goal is to have as much cap space as possible for this summer. I don't think they will clog it up, even for Gasol. That's a $20 million cap hit.

They are probably going to pitch Howard and Paul to both come to Atlanta.....
Old 11-28-2012, 12:00 PM   #10
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

Quote:
I think Atlanta's goal is to have as much cap space as possible for this summer. I don't think they will clog it up, even for Gasol. That's a $20 million cap hit.
Yeah, I think the same.
Quote:
Instant contenders
Old 11-28-2012, 01:03 PM   #11
lilgodfather1
Wait and See

lilgodfather1 is a pretty well-respected posterlilgodfather1 is a pretty well-respected posterlilgodfather1 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:

It's not going to take much of a pitch if the Lakers don't get better...

The only hope for there not being an Atlanta super team, wow that's one ****ed up sentence, is the Clippers succeeding this year. Of course that's if the Lakers don't start playing better I mean, which I fully expect them to, but injuries can happen.
lilgodfather1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:20 PM   #12
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:

Makes a lot of sense...Teague has been great this year and is not liked by Drew. They have assets in those two that could be used in a sign&trade. Or could be traded for assets if Paul/Howard are signed outright.

If Gasol lasts the season in LA and Howard decides he wants out (I doubt it) I could see the value in the Lakers doing a sign&trade for Horford, who would be a great fit for Gasol and can also run the floor so well.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:23 PM   #13
bagelred
Weird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
Makes a lot of sense...Teague has been great this year and is not liked by Drew. They have assets in those two that could be used in a sign&trade. Or could be traded for assets if Paul/Howard are signed outright.

If Gasol lasts the season in LA and Howard decides he wants out (I doubt it) I could see the value in the Lakers doing a sign&trade for Horford, who would be a great fit for Gasol and can also run the floor so well.

The Hawks don't need to do a sign-and-trade. They can sign Howard and Paul outright. Why give Horford away?
Old 11-28-2012, 01:34 PM   #14
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star

Godzuki has decent reputationGodzuki has decent reputation

Pau has slowly declined into a softer perimeter oriented living and dying about his short J being on or off game to game. his passing is still decent for a post player but overrated to a degree since he can be awful passing some nights. dude is not consistent at all, and its like he's in denial his low post game is non existent. i guess having Bynum for so long receded his low post game to where it is now and i can't see it ever coming back with how soft he plays these days. sad.
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:39 PM   #15
lilgodfather1
Wait and See

lilgodfather1 is a pretty well-respected posterlilgodfather1 is a pretty well-respected posterlilgodfather1 is a pretty well-respected poster

So you're speculating he is doing a working strike. I could see that, and it's better than the more logical he sucks explaination.
lilgodfather1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: