Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-24-2012, 10:47 AM   #16
avonbarksdale
meat mountain

avonbarksdale has a bad reputationavonbarksdale has a bad reputationavonbarksdale has a bad reputationavonbarksdale has a bad reputation
Default Re: the best centers in the nba right now

dwight gasol duncan.
avonbarksdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:08 AM   #17
La Frescobaldi
I brick nerf balls

La Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputation

My favorite position ~ ~ C

I had started the season going like this.......

1. d12
2. Bynum
3. Monroe & Pekovic fighting for this spot.
4. D Jordan
5. David Lee - who gets ignored by everybody for some reason.

Clearly I hadn't reckoned on Varejao, who I can't seem to catch a game, and J Noah who has developed into an elite player (in spite of the fact I can't stand the chumpiness of his ways).

Not accounting for injuries etc., CBS has center "power ratings"... these guys of Teanett are all over the place but they show it like this:
1 d12
2 Varejao
3. Noah
4. David Lee
5. Marc Gasol
6. G Monroe
7. A Jefferson
8. Al Horford
9. Cousins
10. B Lopez
11. Bargnani
12. Kaman
13. B Mullins
14. Asik
15. Pekovic
16. T Chandler
17. Vucevic
18. Hibbert
19 D Jordan
20 Robin Lopez
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/playerr...egularseason/C

The matchups I want to see in this league right now are these:

D Howard - O Asik
D12 weakness: not much. Injuries.
Asik weakness: inexperience, possibly physical weakness.

N Pekovic - G Monroe
Pek weakness: passing, injuries.
Monroe weakness: tendency to overplay early and fade bad in 4q.

B Lopez - J Noah
Lopez weakness: Have not seen enough; Pekovic destroyed him
Noah weakness: can be shoved around easily, but not much. Defense can be appallingly bad for a center that plays in the NBA. Played Pek to a standoff

M Gasol - A Varejeo
haven't seen these guys this year...

D Lee - Bargnani
D Lee weakness: wants to have teammates but doesn't.
Bargnani - haven't seen but my friends say he is the real thing on a bad team. Just looking at stat line from last night, Monroe had all he could handle and that is saying a lot

we will have some clarity at the C when we have seen those answered; nobody I have seen is close to Howard since Shaq retired (although d12 won't ever be at that level though). I count Timi Dunkin as a PF otherwise clearly he's the best C of the last generation, and possibly since Hakeem.
La Frescobaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:15 AM   #18
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

ChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this board

The best scoring center has been Lopez, who's also been the Nets MVP by a very very large margin. Defensively he's much better and while his rebounding is still disappointing the team's as a whole is fine on the boards which is all that matters.
ChuckOakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:33 AM   #19
I<3NBA
College superstar

I<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryI<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

no Bosh? srsly? fk this thread.
I<3NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:34 AM   #20
La Frescobaldi
I brick nerf balls

La Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputationLa Frescobaldi has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by I<3NBA
lol that right there is a true fact
Old 11-24-2012, 12:06 PM   #21
Teanett
Great Basketball Mind

Teanett has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by I<3NBA

eh. everybody knows lebron's the center for the heat.
Teanett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:07 PM   #22
rodman91
Bulls

rodman91 has a terrific reputationrodman91 has a terrific reputationrodman91 has a terrific reputationrodman91 has a terrific reputationrodman91 has a terrific reputation

Lopez is going strong this. I have seen almost every Nets game and he is clearly impressive. He has very good post moves as well as he can hit toughest shots over defenders from mid range. His man to man defense & protecting the rim imporved a lot. Rebounding is still problem.

Probably franchise player of Nets. Deron gets all fame but Lopez carries the team both sides of the floor.

If he was black with an attitude, he would be much bigger name right now.
rodman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:47 PM   #23
BuffaloBill
Blue Bomber

BuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

can't leave out Goatkim Noah
BuffaloBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:07 PM   #24
tpols
5-time NBA All-Star

tpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Frescobaldi
My favorite position ~ ~ C

I had started the season going like this.......

1. d12
2. Bynum
3. Monroe & Pekovic fighting for this spot.
4. D Jordan
5. David Lee - who gets ignored by everybody for some reason.

Clearly I hadn't reckoned on Varejao, who I can't seem to catch a game, and J Noah who has developed into an elite player (in spite of the fact I can't stand the chumpiness of his ways).

Not accounting for injuries etc., CBS has center "power ratings"... these guys of Teanett are all over the place but they show it like this:
1 d12
2 Varejao
3. Noah
4. David Lee
5. Marc Gasol
6. G Monroe
7. A Jefferson
8. Al Horford
9. Cousins
10. B Lopez
11. Bargnani
12. Kaman
13. B Mullins
14. Asik
15. Pekovic
16. T Chandler
17. Vucevic
18. Hibbert
19 D Jordan
20 Robin Lopez
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/playerr...egularseason/C

The matchups I want to see in this league right now are these:

D Howard - O Asik
D12 weakness: not much. Injuries.
Asik weakness: inexperience, possibly physical weakness.

N Pekovic - G Monroe
Pek weakness: passing, injuries.
Monroe weakness: tendency to overplay early and fade bad in 4q.

B Lopez - J Noah
Lopez weakness: Have not seen enough; Pekovic destroyed him
Noah weakness: can be shoved around easily, but not much. Defense can be appallingly bad for a center that plays in the NBA. Played Pek to a standoff

M Gasol - A Varejeo
haven't seen these guys this year...

D Lee - Bargnani
D Lee weakness: wants to have teammates but doesn't.
Bargnani - haven't seen but my friends say he is the real thing on a bad team. Just looking at stat line from last night, Monroe had all he could handle and that is saying a lot

we will have some clarity at the C when we have seen those answered; nobody I have seen is close to Howard since Shaq retired (although d12 won't ever be at that level though). I count Timi Dunkin as a PF otherwise clearly he's the best C of the last generation, and possibly since Hakeem.
Putting Varejeo, pekovic, jordan, Noah, Lee, and cousins over Lopez is extreme disrespect. He's a more potent scorer than any center in the entire league and hes one of the best shotblockers. His man defense isnt great but his rim protection and scoring alone have so much impact on the game.

And he looks so much stronger than he did the past two years. Dude looks legitamately jacked. 7-0+ with awkwardly long length and 270 lbs to throw around.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:07 PM   #25
WillC
Local High School Star

WillC is considered somewhat coolWillC is considered somewhat coolWillC is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basketbolero
Tim Duncan is the best center in the league right now.

By a mile.
WillC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:17 PM   #26
La Frescobaldi
I brick nerf balls

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
Putting Varejeo, pekovic, jordan, Noah, Lee, and cousins over Lopez is extreme disrespect. He's a more potent scorer than any center in the entire league and hes one of the best shotblockers. His man defense isnt great but his rim protection and scoring alone have so much impact on the game.

And he looks so much stronger than he did the past two years. Dude looks legitamately jacked. 7-0+ with awkwardly long length and 270 lbs to throw around.
Yeah that's CBS sports list, not mine.... but I would like to see that cat gain some more weight, Pekovic threw him around like a medicine ball the other night
Old 11-24-2012, 02:18 PM   #27
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

As much as he's criticized, give Stern credit for removing the mandatory All-Star spot for centers.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:46 PM   #28
Bigsmoke
Death Before Dishonor

Bigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputationBigsmoke has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teanett
did you watch dwight the last few games? he's terrible right now.

2 games in a completely new system. Nice logic
Bigsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:46 PM   #29
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols

Varejao being ahead of Lopez is "disrespect?" It is actually quite the opposite.

Varejao is getting no respect in this thread. The guy is averaging 14/14 on great efficiency and solid man and help defense and he has barely been mentioned. He also put 35/19 on Lopez in their only head to head match up. Totally outplayed him.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:48 PM   #30
Teanett
Great Basketball Mind

Teanett has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
2 games in a completely new system. Nice logic

well, the thread states "right now", you fukking imbecile.
you should change your title from "last nikka" to "dumbest asshole", yer dumb fukk.
Teanett is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: