Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-22-2012, 10:34 PM   #151
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Week 12 Game Thread and Discussion

if theyre gonna do a QB run, bring tebow in for ****s sake
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 10:34 PM   #152
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipse026
Clear helmet to helmet shot. Landry flexes, down 33. This guy wasn't that big of an idiot at LSU. Wtf happened?

Became a J-E-T! They're tough guys, remember? Just ask Bart Scott. He was ready to take on the whole media, by God!
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 10:34 PM   #153
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

ClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation here

the Jets are pitiful...smh...you're inside the 10...you have a 245 lb QB/RB in Tebow but decide to run a QB scramble w/ Sanchez
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:00 PM   #154
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Dammit, the Patriots couldn't have run Ridley once there?
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:02 PM   #155
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT
I don't believe you're correct.

If the ball is caught in the field of play and breaks the plane, the play is complete. You do not have to maintain possession to the ground. That play was actually reviewed and explained in a game last weekend.

Holmes had a TD taken away in the playoffs because of this.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:17 PM   #156
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickingStar

wow now im really upset I didnt watch this game. rex should stop fvcking around and put in tebow
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:33 PM   #157
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Stafford, Dez, and Ridley combine to get me 82 fantasy points. That's a pretty damn good day for three players.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:51 PM   #158
Eric Cartman
respect my authoritah

Eric Cartman is a pretty well-respected posterEric Cartman is a pretty well-respected posterEric Cartman is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
Stafford, Dez, and Ridley combine to get me 82 fantasy points. That's a pretty damn good day for three players.

Had Calvin, Ridley and RG3 myself. Great day for fantasy owners all around.
Eric Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:00 AM   #159
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

ClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation hereClutchOver9000 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickingStar

Moore must have a brick wall of an ass w/ the way Sanchez got dropped
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:04 AM   #160
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputation

LOL at Sanchez just putting his face in the turf after he fumbled it. Typical loser USC QB.
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 03:32 AM   #161
UtahJazzFan88
Jazz Fan

UtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUtahJazzFan88 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm pretty sure Tebow actually had a rib injury and couldn't physically play even though Rex is too stubborn to play him even if it was 72-0.
UtahJazzFan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:37 AM   #162
No_Look604
Local High School Star

No_Look604 has not been impressing people

How do you guys like...

Indy at home versus the Bills? (Colts -3)

Bengals at home versus Raiders? (Bengals -8)

Seahawks on road against Dolphins (Seahawks -3)

I was suppose to have New England in my 5 game parlay (spreads)...which was like a given but my buddy had maxed out on how much funds he could add to bet365. Luckily, he won on some other small bet and has enough to wager the $50 I wanted for Sunday's games.

My other bets are Broncos (-10) @ Chiefs and also the 49ers (-1) @ Saints. Since the Pats game wasn't included, I added the Colts' game.

This is actually my first time betting and it's only $50, but I stand to make $1,400. Not bad.
No_Look604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:05 AM   #163
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215

I had Romo, Dez, Arian Foster, and NE D all on one team yesterday lol
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:21 PM   #164
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Look604
How do you guys like...

Indy at home versus the Bills? (Colts -3)

Bengals at home versus Raiders? (Bengals -8)

Seahawks on road against Dolphins (Seahawks -3)

I was suppose to have New England in my 5 game parlay (spreads)...which was like a given but my buddy had maxed out on how much funds he could add to bet365. Luckily, he won on some other small bet and has enough to wager the $50 I wanted for Sunday's games.

My other bets are Broncos (-10) @ Chiefs and also the 49ers (-1) @ Saints. Since the Pats game wasn't included, I added the Colts' game.

This is actually my first time betting and it's only $50, but I stand to make $1,400. Not bad.

I don't like Bengals -8 although it's no lock either way. Marginal teams and big spreads make me cringe. I also had Saints + pts but i got two, not 1. The others stuff i have same as you.

Hopefully my luck continues, went 3-0 yesterday but Jets/Cowboys are too easy.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:29 PM   #165
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
Holmes had a TD taken away in the playoffs because of this.

NFL Rules re completed catch:
Article 3 Completed or Intercepted Pass. A player who makes a catch may advance the ball. A forward pass is complete (by
the offense) or intercepted (by the defense) if a player, who is inbounds:
(a) secures control of the ball in his hands or arms prior to the ball touching the ground; and
(b) touches the ground inbounds with both feet or with any part of his body other than his hands; and
(c) maintains control of the ball long enough, after (a) and (b) have been fulfilled, to enable him to perform any act
common to the game (i.e., maintaining control long enough to pitch it, pass it, advance with it, or avoid or ward off an
opponent, etc.).

Not saying Holmes wasn't denied a TD in a playoff game (though some details would be helpful) but, if that did in fact happen, the call was incorrect.

By definition, getting both feet on the ground in the field of play, maintaining possession of the ball and advancing it to a point where it breaks the plane is a TD. Whether the player retains possession when he hits the ground is irrelevant.

ETA: It happened last week in the SD/Denver game. Alexander caught the ball in the field of play, got both feet down, and made a football move: reaching the ball to the goal line. TD. No different than a RB reaching the ball out on a dive, knowing it doesn't matter if it comes loose after he breaks the plane.

The rules for a ball caught in the endzone are different in that you must display control all the way to the ground unless you've made a "football move" (ie ran with the ball).

Last edited by JMT : 11-23-2012 at 04:14 PM.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: