Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-21-2012, 04:28 PM   #16
outbreak
Custom User Title

outbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Do fans of teams like the Lakers, Heat, Thunder, ect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf1990
yeah but the NBA has always been like that, star players always get the benefit of the doubt, this is nothing new that just started happening.

I only used to see it happening on marginal calls. these days it seems more and more common on head scratching calls. Maybe it's just to do with players flopping more excessive.
outbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:35 PM   #17
Sharmer
Alpha Centauri

Sharmer posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrySharmer posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Corruption is prevalent among'st a number of large organisation involving huge dollars, the NBA is multinational brand which is ultimately led for one reason, profit.

We only need to look at other multinational companies or brands and we will be able to see corruption.

Logistically it would be very difficult for the NBA control corruption inside the organisation, ref's could easily bet through a third person on outcomes on games, if they could get away with it, I am sure they would.

Alternatively, the NBA could be itself setting up games, in order to maximise the audience, lets keep the big fan base happy. When fans are happy, they spend more on merchanise and the TV ratings are higher. Which means greater profits for the NBA.

It's the way of the world, especially the NBA.
Sharmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:44 PM   #18
PyrrhusX
GOATbrook >>>

PyrrhusX has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Net
Yeah and no I don't feel it is right but that's the way it is sadly. Big time superstars always get more calls.

This, but as a ran, there is really nothing I can do about it. I believe we had the refs help against Portland maybe (one team earlier in the season I think) and it felt hollow to win the game.
PyrrhusX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:57 PM   #19
COnDEMnED
Local High School Star

COnDEMnED is considered somewhat coolCOnDEMnED is considered somewhat coolCOnDEMnED is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by COnDEMnED
Yes this is known. I do care and don't condone cheating. As a Lakers fan there is nothing I can do personally to change this other than express my distaste for David Stern and his company men at NBA.com, which I have. Lakers basicly got a free chip durring the threepeat due to criminal activity. I don't believe it was an isolated incident.

Deep down I know we need 2 more chips to pass up the Celtics honorably.
It seems I just can't win as a Lakers fan. I get 6 negative reps all companied with snide remarks for an honest response to an unfortunate aspect of competitive basketball. This forums population is an enigma. Lol
COnDEMnED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:29 PM   #20
Sharmer
Alpha Centauri

Sharmer posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrySharmer posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by COnDEMnED
It seems I just can't win as a Lakers fan. I get 6 negative reps all companied with snide remarks for an honest response to an unfortunate aspect of competitive basketball. This forums population is an enigma. Lol

Freedom of speech, say what you want, as long as it is reasonable.

As KG famously put it, " it is what it is".

Last edited by Sharmer : 11-21-2012 at 06:33 PM.
Sharmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:29 PM   #21
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick

NugzFan is considered somewhat coolNugzFan is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by atljonesbro
Know that refs favor them over teams like the Jazz, Trailblazers, Hawks, Raptors because they are bigger name teams? If so do yall even care or do you condone cheating because it's for your team?

im not sure they do as some of their fans complain about the refs more than anyone else.
NugzFan is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: